What Movie Awards did Acun Ilicali win?
Acun Ilicali roles
|Movie / Series
|Guest star 1 episode, 2004
Acun Ilicali: The Turkish TV Personality with a Net Worth of $100 million
Acun Ilicali is a prominent name in the Turkish entertainment industry. He is known for his incredible success as a producer and television personality. With a net worth of $100 million, he is undoubtedly one of the wealthiest and influential figures in Turkey.
What is Acun Ilicali Known for?
Acun Ilicali is an accomplished producer, entrepreneur, and television personality who is widely known in Turkey and beyond. He came into the limelight after founding Acun Medya, a top production company that has produced several popular TV shows.
Some of the television hits that Acun has been involved in the production include the Turkish version of The Voice, the Got Talent series, Survivor, Deal or No Deal, and Dancing with the Stars. Besides his production company, Acun also owns TV8, a Turkish TV channel that has been providing entertainment to millions of viewers for years.
Early Life and Education
Acun Ilicali was born in May 1969 in Edirne, Turkey. He dropped out of Istanbul University in his early years to pursue his dream career as a successful entrepreneur and television personality. He started by founding a small clothing shop called Bagdat Caddesi which was unsuccessful.
Undeterred by the failure, Acun landed his first job as a reporter at Show TV, a broadcast news station. Over time he began to appear on screen as a sports reporter.
In 2004, Acun pursued his real dream and founded his own production company – Acun Medya. The company grew rapidly and became one of the most successful production companies in Turkey; hence, raising his net worth significantly.
In 2013, Acun continued to expand his empire by acquiring a Turkish television channel, TV8. His interest in various business ventures has grown beyond the entertainment industry and has since invested in real estate businesses as well.
Acun continued to develop creative and unconventional ideas in his production company, which was founded upon his love of sports. He began traveling around the world to film and document his adventures in a TV show called, Adrenaline Junkie, which became the first production for Acun Medya.
Marriage and Personal Life
Acun has been married three times and is currently married to his third wife. He has four children including a son named Ali whose mother once worked for Acun Medya.
Acun is an influential personality in Turkey, with numerous accomplishments at a young age. One of his major achievements is the establishment of a successful production house, Acun Medya, which he founded in 2004.
Acun has made it to the Forbes Turkey list of Billionaires for several consecutive years. He has continuously worked hard and smart to retain his wealth while creating a name for himself in the entertainment industry.
His company, Acun Medya, has won several awards including; an International Emmy Award, and NTV Turkey’s media group award for “Best TV Producer”, as well as many others.
Acun Ilicali’s recognition and influence don’t end here, as he has also been enlisted among the top 100 in The World’s Most Powerful Arabs list.
Acun Ilicali’s unwavering dedication and passion for his craft have truly been an inspiration to many people around the globe.
He started with a failed business venture that would have made many give up. That however did not impede him as he chose to keep pushing forward in his chosen career. Today, he stands tall among the world’s most influential personalities of Turkish origin, hence making him an emblem of hope and inspiration.
Interesting Facts about Acun Ilicali
- He ran a clothing shop on Bagdat Caddesi until the age of 21. He then got his start in the television business as a sports reporter at Show TV.
- He and Turkish comedian Ata Demirer have both acted on the comedy series Avrupa Yakasi.
- In defiance of Turkish martial laws, he is the first public figure in Turkey to be married to two women simultaneously.
- He was awarded Best Male Presenter at Pantene Golden Butterfly Awards, the forty-fifth times organization in 2018.
- Turkish television producer and businessman who founded the the company Acun Medya, which broadcasts Turkish versions of reality shows like The Voice, Survivor and Dancing With the Stars. In November 2013, he acquired the network TV8.
- He has been married twice. He has children named Yasemin, Banu, Melissa and Leyla. He married Seyma Subasi.
- He won "Best Male Presenter" at 36th Golden Butterfly Awards in 2009.
- He won "Best Male Presenter" at 38th Golden Butterfly Awards in 2011.
- He won "Best Male Presenter" at 39th Golden Butterfly Awards in 2012.
- He won "Best Male Presenter" at 37th Golden Butterfly Awards in 2010.
- He won "Best Male Presenter" at 35th Golden Butterfly Awards in 2008.