Basic Information About Busta Rhymes
|Category||Celebrities › Rappers|
|Professions||Actor, Rapper, Record producer, Voice Actor, Composer|
|Date of birth||1972-05-20 (51 years old)|
|Place of birth||Red Hook|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Height||6 ft (1.854 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Busta Rhymes win?
Busta Rhymes roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Narc||Darnell 'Big D Love' Beery|
|Higher Learning||Dreads (as Busta Rhymez)|
|Halloween: Resurrection||Freddie Harris|
|The Rugrats Movie||Reptar Wagon (voice)|
|The Boondocks||Flonominal 3 episodes, 2007-2008|
|The Kelly Clarkson Show||Self 1 episode, 2021|
|Space Ghost Coast to Coast||Self 1 episode, 2001|
|Master of None||Busta Rhymes 1 episode, 2015|
|Saturday Night Live||Self / ... (uncredited) unknown episodes|
|The Masked Singer||Dragon 2 episodes, 2020|
|In Living Color||Self - Leaders of the New School / ... 1 episode, 1991|
|Fresh Off the Boat||Busta Rhymes 1 episode, 2016|
|Cosby||Phillip 1 episode, 1997|
|The Steve Harvey Show||Zack 1 episode, 1998|
|So You Think You Can Dance||Self - Performer 1 episode, 2006|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self - Musical Guest 2 episodes, 2016-2020|
|Big City Greens||Fish 1 episode, 2018|
|The Daily Show||Self 2 episodes, 2002-2020|
|Hip-Hop Evolution||Self 2 episodes, 2018|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self / ... 7 episodes, 2000-2006|
|All That||Self 1 episode, 1999|
|Punk'd||Self 1 episode, 2003|
|Late Night with Conan O'Brien||Self / ... 6 episodes, 2000-2006|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||Self - Musical Guest 1 episode, 2014|
Busta Rhymes's Quotes
- You're gonna get your traditional Busta Rhymes and Pharrell collabo. My man Focus from the Aftermath crew; Dr. Dre; the late, great J Dilla got work on the album. It's gonna be great - look forward to the new bang-out. - On his 2007 album, 'Before Hell Freezes Over'.
- I feel like the quality of privacy and respect of people's personal space has been completely disintegrated. You can ask to take the picture. I will be so glad to take the picture and pose and look good for the picture.
- My thinking is that if we're going to take from a culture, let's take from a culture that has exemplified success for thousands of years.
- I want you to see that I'm looking. Look at me look at you. I'm cool with that.
- I have no trouble being a good dude because that's what I am.
Busta Rhymes: A Celebrated Figure in the World of Hip-Hop
Busta Rhymes, born Trevor George Smith Jr., is an American rapper who has made a significant impact on the music industry. With a net worth of $20 million, Busta Rhymes has established himself as one of the most successful and talented MCs of all time. Known for his fast rapping style and intricate lyrics, he has captivated audiences with his unique approach to hip-hop.
What is Busta Rhymes Known for?
Busta Rhymes gained recognition as a member of the East Coast hip-hop group Leaders of the New School in the late 198s. However, it was his solo career that propelled him to international fame. His debut solo album, ‘The Coming,’ released in 1996, featured the hit single ‘Woo Hah!! Got You All in Check.’ Busta’s distinct rapid-fire lyrical flow and innovative, high-energy music videos became defining elements of his work.
Throughout his career, Busta Rhymes has released several successful albums, including ‘When Disaster Strikes…’ (1997) and ‘E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front’ (1998). These albums solidified his place in the hip-hop landscape with popular tracks like ‘Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See’ and ‘What’s It Gonna Be?!’ featuring Janet Jackson. Even after a gap of over a decade, his tenth studio album, ‘Extinction Level Event 2: The Wrath of God,’ released in 202, received critical acclaim.
Early Life and Education
Trevor George Smith Jr., known as Busta Rhymes, was born on May 20, 1972, in Brooklyn, New York City. His parents were Jamaican immigrants, and he had a diverse upbringing. Throughout his youth, Busta Rhymes moved from place to place with his family, spending time in Long Island, the United Kingdom, and eventually settling in New York.
Smith attended George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High School, where he had the opportunity to connect with fellow classmates who would also become prominent figures in the music industry, such as The Notorious B.I.G. and Jay Z. His passion for hip-hop led him to join the hip-hop crew Leaders of the New School when he was still in high school.
After gaining recognition as part of Leaders of the New School, Busta Rhymes embarked on his solo career. Collaborating with established artists such as Notorious B.I.G., KRS-One, and A Tribe Called Quest, he steadily built his reputation as a solo artist. His debut solo album, ‘The Coming,’ released in 1996, marked a breakthrough for Busta Rhymes.
Over the years, Busta Rhymes released several successful albums, including ‘When Disaster Strikes’ (1997) and ‘Extinction Level Event’ (1998). He switched record labels from Elektra Records to J Records and then to Universal Motown and Republic Records. Throughout his career, Busta Rhymes has collaborated with industry heavyweights and consistently delivered captivating music.
Busta Rhymes’ contributions to hip-hop have been recognized through numerous accolades. He has been nominated for 11 Grammy Awards, highlighting his talent and influence in the industry. His ability to engage listeners with his rapid-fire delivery and captivating performances has made him a revered figure in music.
Additionally, Busta Rhymes has showcased his acting skills in various films, including ‘Strapped’ (1993), ‘Higher Learning’ (1995), and ‘Finding Forrester.’ His versatility extends beyond music, demonstrating his ability to captivate audiences in different artistic mediums.
Busta Rhymes’ impact on the music and entertainment industry cannot be understated. With his unique style, powerful stage presence, and thought-provoking lyrics, he continues to be a force to be reckoned with. As Busta Rhymes further establishes his legacy, his influence and contributions will undoubtedly leave a lasting impact on the world of hip-hop.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is based on the available context and additional information about Busta Rhymes. It is important to note that personal circumstances and career details may have evolved since the time of writing.
Interesting Facts about Busta Rhymes
- Arrested and charged with criminal possession after police found a loaded, unregistered pistol in his car. The police also found a small bag of marijuana on Gerald Odom, Rhymes' manager, who was riding in the car at the time. Odom was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and criminal possession of a weapon. [December 1998]
- Son, T'ziah, b. 1993 by former girlfriend Joanne
- In 2003 signed to Shady/Aftermath records, Eminem and Dr. Dre's record company. By 2006, and the release of the album, he again changed record labels.
- Nickname was given to him by Chuck D of Public Enemy, and was taken from University of Oklahoma halfback George "Buster" Rhymes.
- In 2000, broke the Guinness World Record for most syllables in one second during a freestyle rap. Before him the title was for voice-actor John Moschitta, who could maintain the most consonants unbroken, per second.
- Father was from New York City, New York and mother was of Jamaican heritage.
- Was head of the Flipmode Squad and executive of its label.
- Released his new, very highly-anticipated album 'The Big Bang' on June 13th, 2006. [June 2006]
- A founding member of the rap group The Leaders Of The New School, is currently enjoying a succesful solo career. 
- Busta Rhymes is known today to be one of the most colorful, outspoken and influential rap artists in the industry today. 
- NYC: Looking to sign new artists for his Conglomerate records, replacing his old Flipmode roster. 
- He was paired with fashion and homemaking icon Martha Stewart to present the MTV Video Music Award for Best Dance Video in 1997. It received a fair amount of attention in the press that year, in large part because despite coming from wildly different backgrounds, Busta and Stewart had great on-screen chemistry and worked well off each-other.
- Friends with Sean 'Diddy' Combs, Mariah Carey, Fat Joe, Justin Bieber, and Rob Schneider.