Basic Information About Chad McQueen
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Film Producer, Martial Artist, Race car driver|
|Date of birth||1960-12-28 (62 years old)|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||22 December - Jeanie Galbraith ( 1993 - present) (2 children)|
Stacey Toten - (23 May 1987 - 1989) (divorced) (1 child)
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.74 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Chad McQueen win?
Chad McQueen Net Worth
Chad McQueen’s net worth is estimated to be $45 million. He is popularly known as an American actor, martial artist, producer, and race car driver. He earned fortune by appearing in various movies and TV shows. Additionally, his love for racing has played a major role in maintaining his wealth.
What is Chad McQueen known for?
Chad McQueen is widely known for appearing in “The Karate Kid” and “The Karate Kid, Part II.” He played supporting roles in both movies and gained massive popularity due to these movies.
Early life and Education
Chad McQueen was born in Los Angeles, California, in 196. As mentioned earlier, Chad is the son of Hollywood legend Steve McQueen and actress Neile Adams. From a very early age, Chad was passionate about racing cars and bikes. His love for racing grew while accompanying his father to film sets.
However, he initially pursued a career in acting and attended acting school. He took his first steps in Hollywood by working behind the camera in the movies his father acted.
Chad’s professional acting journey began in the mid-70s with movies like “The Mechanic,” followed by “The Karate Kid” and the role of Dutch in the second movie of the franchise.
Eventually, Chad started exploring more creative endeavors; with time, he moved to producing TV shows and movies. “Paper Trail,” “Fall: The Price of Silence,” “Redline,” are some notable contributions from him.
Chad McQueen had always been passionate about racing even before his acting career began. In 1978, Chad made his professional debut as a race car driver against drivers older than him. By the time he was eighteen, he had become a professional racer and began participating in various racing events.
He was involved in Motocross and competed in the Baja 100. He was one of the top ten off-road bike riders in the late ’80s. He even opened his motorcycle repair shop named “Chad McQueen’s Meta Studz Custom Motorcycles.”
Chad McQueen’s Retirement
In 2006, Chad suffered major injuries in a racing practice crash for the 24 hours of Daytona. He put in tremendous efforts to come back into racing after almost a year of rehabilitation, but retired as soon as he recovered, given the risks and the wounds he had suffered.
After retiring from racing, Chad got involved in bike building and car customization. Now, he is successfully running McQueen Racing, where he sells motorcycle spares and merchandise.
Beyond Fame: Chad McQueen’s Accomplishments and More
Chad McQueen played numerous roles throughout his career, but his father’s personality always dominated his image. Given his love for adrenaline-rush activities such as martial arts and car and bike racing, Chad got extensively involved in these activities and became highly skilled.
A few years after retiring from professional racing, Chad created Team Full Throttle, which is aimed to coach young driving enthusiasts.
Chad McQueen’s contribution to Hollywood may not be limitless, but considering the overall span of his career as an actor and producer, he certainly has valuable contributions up his sleeves. Along with that, he has been a skilled racecar driver, as experience shows.
To date, Chad McQueen has won various racing events and still holds the record for “Fastest Porsche 911” at Talladega.
Chad McQueen has excelled in all areas he has put his mind to: acting, racing, production. Notably, he has made some apparent achievements as an actor and racecar driver. Even after retiring from professional racing, his passion for cars and bikes has driven him into extending his competencies into customization and mentorship via Team Full Throttle.
We should acknowledge the fact that even after living in his father’s shadow for so many years, Chad has lived an inspiring life that we can look up to.
Interesting Facts about Chad McQueen
- Son of actor Steve McQueen and actress Neile Adams.
- He studied martial arts under Chuck Norris.
- Younger brother of Terry McQueen, who passed away at the age of 38.
- Father of Steven R. McQueen with Stacey Toten.
- Former son-in-law of Bob Totem.
- Seriously injured in an accident at the Daytona International Speedway in February 2006 while practicing for the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona Sports Car race. Says his driving days are over. He now wants to become a team owner.
- Is allergic to penicillin.
- Owns his father's two Porsches (a 1958 356 Speedster and a 1969 911S). The 911S was willed to his late sister, Terry McQueen (1959 - 1998) c. 1981 - 1998; after her death, the car is now in his possession since 1999. Also owns a replica of the 1968 Mustang 390GT fastback that his father drove in the film Bullitt (1968). To date, he was given the first of two special edition 2001 Mustangs by the Ford Motor Company (known as the Bullitt edition where 5000 were sold). It is unknown if he owns the 2008 model.
- Has a son, Chase McQueen (born 1995) and a daughter, Madison McQueen (born 1997), with his wife, Jeanie Galbraith.
- Lives in Malibu, California.
- Ex-stepson of Ali MacGraw.
- Stepson of Barbara Minty.
- Uncle of Molly McQueen Flattery.
- Ex-stepbrother of Josh Evans.
- He is a first cousin of Filipino socialite Isabel Preysler, and a first cousin, once removed, of Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias, who is Isabel's son. Chad's maternal grandfather, José Salgado Arrastia, was also Isabel's maternal grandfather.
- Has a strict policy of never appearing in any movie or TV series connected with his father's work. For this reason, he turned down the role of "Brian Flagg" in The Blob (1988)...and, years later, the title role in a TV pilot based on his dad's film Bullitt (1968).
- Of Clan Macqueen.
- His second wife is of Clan Galbraith.