Basic Information About Devin Ratray
|Celebrities › Actors
|Actor, Singer-songwriter, Musician
|Date of birth
|1977-01-11 (47 years old)
|Place of birth
|New York City
|United States of America
|Curiosities and Trademarks
|Low Mellow Voice
Frequently Plays Troublemaking characters
|6 ft 2 in (1.9 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Devin Ratray win?
Devin Ratray roles
|Movie / Series
|Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
|Banks Patient #3
|Dennis the Menace
|The Prince & Me
|Sheldon McFee 2 episodes, 2015
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
|Eldon Balogh 1 episode, 2011
|'Dean' / ... 1 episode, 2009
|Party Guest 1 episode, 2017
|Matthew Kindler 1 episode, 2017
|Law & Order
|Mitchell Pauley / ... 2 episodes, 1995-2006
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent
|Kenny Miles 1 episode, 2004
|Tinfoil Kevin / ... 16 episodes, 2016-2019
|At Home with Amy Sedaris
|Lenny 1 episode, 2020
|Mike 1 episode, 2015
|Harris Stubman 1 episode, 2018
|Deli Customer 1 episode, 2019
Devin Ratray's Quotes
- After film school, I embarked on trying to promote independent films. But after a while, I realized I was breaking my back doing six-day-a-week shoots, 14-hour days, and no guarantee of distribution.
- 'Home Alone' had become the absolute biggest film I had ever done, and it became the third-highest grossing film of all time. So clearly it had an effect on me that is unparalleled to any other film experience in my childhood.
- I took myself out of the business to study film at NYU and the School of Visual Arts. I grew up on movie sets and was fascinated with the camera and behind-the-scenes work. I felt it would help my career as an actor if I knew all aspects of film.
- Going to film school taught me how much I already knew, and that the best way to learn about film is being on the set with professionals.
- You can have a great character in a really bad script, and the film will never be seen. It's just too much work to commit to a film and not have it released.
Devin Ratray Net Worth Details
Devin Ratray started his journey in the entertainment industry in the mid-80s when he was still in elementary school. However, he rose to fame through his role as Buzz in the popular movies ‘Home Alone’ and ‘Home Alone 2: Lost in New York’.
Today, Devin Ratray boasts a net worth of $400,000, reflecting his success as an actor and musician.
Devin Ratray Biography
What is Devin Ratray known for?
As previously mentioned, Devin Ratray is best known for his role as Buzz in ‘Home Alone’ and ‘Home Alone 2: Lost in New York’.
Due to this unforgettable role, Ratray’s career continued to propel forward, making him a household name in the late 90s and early 200s.
Early Life and Education
Devin Ratray was born on January 11th, 1977, in New York City. Before delving into acting and music, he studied at the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School for Music & Art and Performing Arts in Manhattan.
Ratray first dipped his toes into film as a child actor through various TV shows and movies. Still, his breakout performance came with his role as Buzz in ‘Home Alone.’
This impressive performance showcased his natural talent, giving him opportunity after opportunity for film roles throughout his career and eventually bringing him to such a prominent role as Sean Garrity of Rescue Me.
More than being a successful actor, Devin Ratray also performs alongside his bandmates in Little Bill and the Beckleys. Their music can be described as alternative folk-rock, which fits his style perfectly.
As an essential character part of a family classic, Ratray has often been awarded for his role in ‘Home Alone.’ The movie received nominations from top awards shows, including the Golden Globes and Oscars.
Notably, Ratray’s role has given him the opportunity to make numerous appearances on television shows like ‘Law & Order,’ ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,’ and ‘Supernatural.’ With such quality acting, Ratray made a name for himself in Hollywood, and it shows no signs of stopping soon.
Ratray’s Personal Life
Reports suggest that Devin Ratray is private about his personal life rather than outspoken about it. Though there is evidence that he has kept himself busy throughout the years furthering his career with new and exciting projects.
Recently, Ratray was given a prominent role in the Netflix adaptation of Matt Ruff’s book ‘Lovecraft Country.’
Devin Ratray, born and raised in New York, once started as a child actor and blossomed into one of the most prominent actors of the late 90s and early 200s. Most will remember him forever as Buzz McCallister in ‘Home Alone’ and its sequel.
He may not be receiving millions worth of movie deals, but his talent and reputation are notable enough to remain working in Hollywood. His private-life might not be in the public eye; still, there is plenty to say about his career in music and acting from his critically acclaimed performances to that funny guy hitting the drums on stage or appearing on your favorite film.
Interesting Facts about Devin Ratray
- Son of Peter Ratray and Ann Willis
- Alum of New York City's famous Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School for the Performing Arts (Class of 1994). He was in same graduating class as actor Jose Soto.
- Is friend's with Adam Scarimbolo, who has studied with Devin's mom for years.
- His surname is pronounced "RUH-tray".
- In 2010 appeared on the tv game show Cash Cab.