Basic Information About Diane Neal
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1976-11-17 (47 years old)|
|Place of birth||Alexandria|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Deep, husky voice|
|Spouse||Marcus Fitzgerald - (9 July 2005 - 2014) (divorced)|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Diane Neal win?
Diane Neal roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre||Cleopatra (voice, English version) (voice) (uncredited)|
|Suits||Allison Holt 3 episodes, 2012-2014|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Casey Novak / ... 113 episodes, 2001-2012|
|Blue Bloods||Kelly Blake 1 episode, 2015|
|White Collar||Kimberly Rice 1 episode, 2010|
|30 Rock||Erin 1 episode, 2008|
|The Following||Lisa Campbell 4 episodes, 2015|
|Power||Cynthia Sheridan 4 episodes, 2014|
|NCIS: New Orleans||CGIS Agent Abigail Borin 3 episodes, 2015|
|Ed||Vanessa 1 episode, 2001|
|Wheel of Fortune||Self - Celebrity Contestant 1 episode, 2007|
Diane Neal's Quotes
- I was such a late bloomer I didn't have feelings towards men or women, and frankly I was a little surprised when it turned out to be men.
- I have been a stand-up comedian for years, and I can be silly.
- My older sister has all her degrees in theater, and I couldn't stand the theater geeks!
- My first job, I was a presser at a dry cleaners; it was heinous. And then I've had amazing jobs where I get to play dress up and people bring me food. It's just been this incredible breath of understanding.
- I've always been really active. I'm an accidental actor but intentionally always interested in politics. I didn't think that I would run. I loved civics, I loved government, I loved the history of political philosophy, political theory, how democracies came into being from Athenian times, it's always something that's fascinated me.
Diane Neal’s Net Worth Details
One of the most recognizable faces in the American entertainment industry, Diane Neal, boasts an impressive net worth of $8 million. The actress has earned her fortunes both through her performances on TV and in films. Apart from acting, she has tried her hands in politics as well but didn’t succeed.
What is Diane Neal known for?
Diane Neal is a well-known American actress, model, and political candidate. She is best known for her role as Casey Novak in the television drama series ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,’ which aired from 2003 to 2012. The character of Casey Novak is an Assistant District Attorney who specializes in sex crimes and child abuses cases.
Early life and education
Diane Neal was born on November 17, 1976, in Alexandria, Virginia, United States. After spending her early childhood in Virginia, she moved to Littleton, Colorado, with her family at the age of 3. She demonstrated early proficiency as a figure skater in high school and graduated early. Following this, she went on to college at the young age of 16 to pursue Pre-Med at Harvard University.
After realizing she wanted to model and later act professionally, she dropped out of college. Eventually, Diane transitioned to New York City to start her acting career.
In 2001, Diane Neal’s career started when she got her guest-starring role on the NBC’s TV drama ‘Fling’. Since then, she ventured into different areas such as acting, theater, modeling, and production. Some of her notable TV shows are ‘Hack,’ ’30 Rock,’ ‘The American Embassy,’ and ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.’
Her film roles include ‘Dracula II: Ascension, ‘Dirty Movie,’ ‘Second Born,’ and ‘Future Tense.’ Additionally, she has appeared in the Hallmark channel’s romantic comedy ‘My Fake Fiancee’ and a psychological thriller ‘A Gifted Man’. As of recent news, she will star in the upcoming movie ‘The Sixth Borough,’ which has fellow TV actors Rosanna Scotto and Robin Quivers.
In 2018, Diane Neal started her desire to serve in public office. Still, unfortunately, she did not do so well, securing just 1% of the vote when she ran for New York’s 19th congressional district in The United States House of Representatives election.
Diane Neal was married to Marcus Fitzgerald from 2005 to 2014. In 2013, at a charity event, she met a magician JB Benn. After two months of dating, JB moved into her New Jersey townhome. In 2018, Diane filed a complaint against JB Benn accusing him of being abusive and stealing millions from her bank account.
She alleged that he sexually assaulted her on at least one occasion and also cut her dog’s throat. Diane also claimed that Benn had cut her out of a real estate deal they were supposed to have. Diane Neal requested a restraining order against him, and the case went to court.
Achievements and Awards
Diane Neal has not won any awards until now but has received nominations for the ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’ for an Outstanding Ensemble (2009).
Diane Neal’s intellectual and professional achievements read like something straight out of a suspenseful novel. From her early days in competitive figure skating to her pre-med studies at age 16, she has accomplished a lot throughout her career. We surely would like to see more beautiful work from the talented actress in the years to come.
Interesting Facts about Diane Neal
- She studied acting in a six-week acting course at the Atlantic Acting School (part of the Atlantic Theater Company) in New York.
- She was a competitive figure skater in high school.
- She is a former model and started modeling around the world at age 18.
- Before becoming A.D.A. Casey Novak on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999), she had appeared on Season 3 Episode 10 ("Ridicule") of SVU, as a woman who had gang raped a male stripper with her female friends.
- Engaged after only two weeks to her fiancé, Marcus Fitzgerald, an engineer and former model. The couple married on July 9, 2005, after a seven-year engagement.
- Studied archaeology in Egypt and Israel in 1999 after quitting modeling.
- Diane went to college at 16 years old. Diane had wanted to attend an Ivy League school, but because of her young age, her parents made her attend the same school as her older sister, in Hawaii.
- The youngest of three daughters, Leigh, Erin and Diane. Her older sister has one of her many degrees in theater.
- Her father is a U.S. federal attorney and her mother is a math professor.
- Her then-husband Marcus Fitzgerald appears in the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999) episode "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Underbelly (2006)".
- Is a candidate for the United States House of Representatives from New York State (2018 primary).