Basic Information About Fantasia
|Celebrities › Singers
|Actor, Author, Singer-songwriter
|Date of birth
|1984-06-30 (39 years old)
|Place of birth
|United States of America
|Curiosities and Trademarks
Flowy 1970's-inspired costumes
|5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Fantasia win?
|Movie / Series
|Rock of Ages
|Drag Queen (uncredited)
- There are a lot of drag queens in Miami. There's not enough variety though, so if you're talented, you can beat a face, and you're willing to make it happen, you can stand out. For me, it's both being professional and talented. Professionalism is how I was able to get my foot into many doors, and my talent is what kept me there and has opened other doors.
- Pride means standing up for yourself, even when no none else will. It means accepting who you are as a person, even though the mainstream says it's not okay.
- [on her goals] I want to make an album, do television, film, and Broadway would be great; the sky is the limit for me! Yes, I have tried out for RuPaul's Drag Race. That would be a dream come true, I would wear them hoes out!
- [on her drag shows] A big ole' ball of energy!! I'm a high energy performer with a twist of comedy. My drag takes a little bit from all aspects of entertainment, with a big influence from the disco era. I pick my outfits for a particular song and go from there. I move a lot so the costumes can't be so over-the-top that I can't function, but if I have a major event and no show, you'll get the big stuff.
Fantasia: From ‘American Idol’ Winner to Music and Broadway Star
Fantasia is an American R&B singer and actress who has achieved success in both the music industry and on Broadway. With her powerful and dynamic voice, Fantasia rose to stardom as the winner of the third season of Fox’s ‘American Idol’ in 2004. Since then, she has released multiple studio albums, starred in Broadway productions, and garnered numerous awards and nominations for her talent and contributions to the entertainment industry.
What is Fantasia Known For?
Fantasia Monique Barrino, born on June 30, 1984, in High Point, North Carolina, began singing at a young age and displayed immense talent from the start. She gained nationwide recognition as a contestant on ‘American Idol’ and ultimately secured the title of the season’s winner. Her victory launched her music career, allowing her to share her unique sound and gospel-infused style with the world.
Early Life and Education
Fantasia grew up in a musically inclined family. Her uncles were part of an R&B group called The Barrino Brothers, while her cousins, K-Ci & JoJo, achieved great success in the industry. Despite turbulent experiences during her childhood, including dropping out of school at 14 due to threats and an unforeseen pregnancy at 16, Fantasia’s perseverance and dedication to her craft prevailed.
Fantasia’s ‘American Idol’ win catapulted her into the spotlight, where she quickly made a name for herself with her debut single ‘I Believe.’ The song debuted at number one on the ‘Billboard’ Hot 100 chart and showcased her undeniable vocal prowess. Her debut album, ‘Free Yourself,’ was certified Platinum, solidifying her as a force to be reckoned with in the music industry.
Since then, Fantasia has released seven studio albums, including ‘Back to Me,’ ‘Side Effects of You,’ and ‘The Definition Of….’ Her music has resonated with millions of fans worldwide and has garnered critical acclaim and commercial success.
In addition to her music career, Fantasia has also made a splash in the world of Broadway. She portrayed the character Celie in the 2007 production of ‘The Color Purple’ to critical acclaim. Despite facing vocal cord issues during her time in the show, she made a full recovery and later reprised the role for the musical’s national tour.
Fantasia has experienced her share of personal struggles and triumphs. She has been involved in high-profile relationships and became a mother at a young age. Despite overcoming challenging situations, she has continued to find strength and resilience in her journey.
Awards and Accomplishments
Throughout her career, Fantasia has accumulated an impressive list of awards and accolades. She has been nominated for 12 Grammy Awards and has won multiple NAACP Image Awards, including Outstanding Female Artist and Outstanding Duo or Group (with Jennifer Hudson). Her contributions to the music industry have earned her recognition and respect from her peers.
Fantasia’s Net Worth
Fantasia has worked hard to build her career and establish herself as a prominent figure in the entertainment industry. As of now, her estimated net worth is $1 million. Her various ventures, including album sales, concert tours, and Broadway appearances, have contributed to her financial success.
Fantasia’s journey from ‘American Idol’ winner to successful music artist and Broadway star is a testament to her incredible talent and unwavering determination. Her powerful voice and soulful performances have captivated audiences around the world. With a string of albums, successful Broadway stints, and a strong fan base, Fantasia continues to make her mark in the entertainment industry. As she evolves as an artist, her influence and contributions only grow stronger.
Despite facing personal challenges, Fantasia’s resiliency and ability to overcome adversity serve as an inspiration to many. Her story is one of triumph, proving that with passion, hard work, and a drive to succeed, dreams can become a reality. Fantasia’s impact on the music industry and the stage is undeniable, and she has solidified her place among the great talents of her generation.
In all aspects of her career, Fantasia has proven that she is not only a talented artist but also a force to be reckoned with. Her music continues to resonate with audiences, and her contributions to Broadway have been applauded by critics and fans alike. As she continues to evolve and explore new artistic avenues, there is no doubt that Fantasia will leave an indelible mark on the world of entertainment.
Interesting Facts about Fantasia
- Threw her wig off during a show, which was caught by an ongoing car that never stopped.
- Once kicked her shoe off during a performance; subsequently landing in the venue's awning.