Basic Information About Gary Dourdan
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Musician, Record producer, Voice Actor|
|Date of birth||1966-12-11 (57 years old)|
|Place of birth||Philadelphia|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Roshumba Williams - (1992 - 1994) (divorced)|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Gary Dourdan win?
Gary Dourdan awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Winner||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||2005|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Nominee||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||2004|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Nominee||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||2003|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Nominee||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||2002|
|Image Award - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||2007|
|Image Award - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||Winner||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||2006|
|Image Award - Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||2005|
|Image Award - Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||2004|
|Image Award - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||Winner||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||2003|
Gary Dourdan roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Redemption Day||Brad Paxton|
|Righteous Villains||Mickey Monroe|
|Jumping the Broom||Chef|
|Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman||Ziggy 1 episode, 1996|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2021|
|A Different World||Shazza Zulu 15 episodes, 1991-1992|
|Glee||D'Shawn 1 episode, 2014|
|Being Mary Jane||Sheldon 9 episodes, 2015|
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Warrick Brown / ... 184 episodes, 2000-2015|
|Power||Charles Hamilton 1 episode, 2018|
|Kim Possible||Dash DaMont 1 episode, 2005|
Gary Dourdan's Quotes
- I've never liked categories; I've never liked boxes; I've always tried to be unconventional as much as I possibly could.
- I have to protect myself because people think that because you come into 25 million homes every week, they know you. I walk the line between being gracious and being rude.
Gary Dourdan – The Vociferous Actor
Gary Dourdan is a name that might evoke the image of a handsome young detective working diligently in a busy forensic office to most television show lovers. The actor, born on December 11, 1966, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the USA is well renowned for his portrayal of detective Warrick Brown in the CBS’s crime drama, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. He is distinctive for his engaging performances and canny charisma which soon established himself as one of the best actors in the industry. Dourdan is also celebrated for his stunning performances on the big screen, where he played significant roles that brought him in the center of attention in various Hollywood productions.
Net Worth Details
With an enviable career that spans over two decades, it is apparent that Gary Dourdan is an excellent actor with a humongous earning potential. He made a fortune out of acting, and his net worth stands at $500 thousand as of 2021 making him one of the most financially established celebrities in the industry.
What is Gary Dourdan known for?
Gary Dourdan is universally known for portraying the intelligent and attractive investigator named Warrick Brown on the hit CBS series CSI which aired on October 6th, 200, till 2008. The show gave him enormous popularity and was also nominated for several notable awards including two Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Early Life and Education
Dourdan grew up in Philadelphia and was the second youngest in a family with five siblings. He started attending ‘Freedom Theater,’ which was an inner-city acting program when he was just six. His acting talents were impressive, and Gary Dourdan soon became a regular attendee of the program. When he turned eighteen, Dourdan ventured to New York City to pursue his interests. There he secured fairly regular work as a bartender in illustrious jazz clubs such as ‘Sweet Basil’ and ‘Birdland,’ where he met several celebrities while he focused on garnering success as an actor.
Before starring in CSI, Dourdan gained prominence for his role as Shazza Zulu in Doreen Spicer’s sitcom K-Home Improvement in the early 90s. In the latter part of the 199s, he also proved his acting proficiency with a pivotal role in the Alien film franchise in 1997. The role did wonders for his prospects and launched him firmly into pop-culture limelight, heralding it as Dourdan’s massive breakthrough moment. However, out of all his roles, it is his stint in CSI that gave him the most significant career upsurge, and Dourdan effectively rode the wave with characteristic aplomb. With stellar performances in over 200 episodes, he enthralled fans and critics alike with his intuitive acting capabilities on the show.
Aside from his appearance on CSI, the enterprising actor also played a significant role in Knight Rider as Agent Graiman in 2008 and served as a judge at the 2006 Miss Universe competition held in Los Angeles, California. He featured regularly on The Jump in NBC-Umwelt Festival making impassioned speeches on Climate Change while also producing award-winning documentaries such as The Making of Sexy Money. He was also a member of the Steppenwolf Theater Company in Chicago and co-founded a music group known as “Has poorly”.
Thanks to Dourdan’s stirring performances, he has an extended list of accolades to his name. In 2005 and 2006, he was nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Award for an Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’. His portrayal of Shazza Zulu in A Different World won him hearts and critical acclaim alike. The series also won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lighting Direction at the Primetime Emmy Awards 29th Creative Arts Emmys.
Aside from his acting, Gary Dourdan is a talented musician, being a former keyboardist and playing in various bands. He has also worked as a DJ in Los Angeles and Washington DC.
It remains clear that Gary Dourdan is adept, charming, and captivating with not just his on-screen performances but also his versatility and ability to work across different mediums. His star quality continues to shine through events and productions that feature him, and we hope to see more of his amazing performances out there.
Interesting Facts about Gary Dourdan
- Has a daughter, Nyla and a son, Lyric.
- Discovered by actress/singer/dancer Debbie Allen.
- His uncle plays saxophone for Sister Sledge and gave Gary a saxophone when he was around 13.
- Is an accomplished musician. Plays the guitar, piano, bass, drum and sax.
- Six years before the premiere of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000), he and Marg Helgenberger starred together in the pilot of an unsuccessful TV series called "Keys.".
- When he was 6, his older brother Darryl Durdin (DOB: November 13, 1951) was murdered in March 1973 while on vacation in Haiti at age 21. He was pushed to his death off a motel balcony on a high cliff. The case is still unsolved.
- In July 2005, he performed as part of DMC's Guests at the LIVE 8 concert in Barrie, Ontario Canada
- He is the son of Selma (Corley) and Robert Booth Durdin. His parents were both born to African-American families. Gary has said that he also has French, Irish, Scottish, Native American, and Jewish ancestry.
- Was a model in the 1980s and 1990s for Boss Models in New York City.
- Arrested at 5:21am on April 29, 2008 in Palm Springs, California for possession of heroin, cocaine, ecstasy and prescription drugs. Was given a diversion by the judge on May 28.
- In 2008, during negotiation with CBS, his CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000) contract was not renewed. In the Season 8 finale, Dourdan's character was shot and left for dead at the episode's end. The Season 9 premiere had Dourdan's character dying in the arms of his colleague Grissom (William Petersen). Many have incorrectly assumed that his 2008 arrest caused CBS to drop him from the show, but his final scenes had been shot and his contract negotiations were concluded before his arrest.
- Played Janet Jackson's love interest in the video for her 1993 hit "Again".
- Dourdan got his first break when singer/actor/director Debbie Allen cast him as Shazza Zulu on A Different World (1987) based on a tape of him performing in an avant-garde play.
- The second youngest of 5 children born to Sandy, a teacher and fashion designer, and Robert Durdin, an entrepreneur and agent for jazz musicians.
- Declared bankruptcy in November 2012. In the filing, he reported earning over $14,800 a month, but due to his significant debts, had only $320 a month in disposable income.