Basic Information About Joe Anderson
|Celebrities › Actors
|Date of birth
|1982-03-26 (41 years old)
|Place of birth
|Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art
|Curiosities and Trademarks
|One (brother Max Anderson)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Imdb
What Movie Awards did Joe Anderson win?
Joe Anderson roles
|Movie / Series
|The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
|Across the Universe
|Peter Hook aka Hooky
|The Ballad of Lefty Brown
|Brave New World
|Kvle 2 episodes, 2020
|Travis 1 episode, 2020
|Max Ransom 1 episode, 2005
|Mason Verger 4 episodes, 2015
|Phil 1 episode, 2005
Joe Anderson's Quotes
- [on auditioning for Across the Universe (2007)] Before the audition, I'd never sung a bloody note before in my life. I think that's kind of why they liked me.
- [on working with Julie Taymor] She's like working with an, I don't know, atom bomb. One idea will spawn a million other ideas really quickly, but they all follow her logic so you've got to keep up with it. But she's an actor's director. She comes from the theater. That was the major appealing point for me. She's very free. She lets you go. She lets you explore, and then she can completely sort of hang onto an idea and force an idea, which, as you can see, sometimes is a really cool thing.
- [on his grotesque scene in The Ruins (2008)] Dude, there are scenes in ('The Ruins')... they're something. Some horrible stuff. People were walking off set when I got my leg chopped off. I took one of those home, by the way. You can imagine trying to get through immigration with a foot.
- [on playing a real-life character in Control (2007)] I thought, "What happens if I played him wrongly and he's pissed?" But, no, he was all right, apparently. So I'm yet to meet him, and I sort of want to, because I've played his guitar. But I haven't met him. Which is a bit weird.
- [on how he found out he got the job as Alistair in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012)] I was washing up, standing in the kitchen, and the phone rings and next thing you know you are off to tackle a vampire. That's the best bit about it all. Obviously the filming is amazing, but generally when you go for something and you want it and they come back and they want you too that's fantastic. It doesn't get much better than that. So it was good day, just standing in the kitchen washing up - nothing glamorous.
The Net Worth Details of Joe Anderson
Joe Anderson, the English actor and singer, has seen his net worth grow to a very respectable $2 million. He is a talented performer who has taken on some challenging and memorable roles on both the small and big screens over the past decade.
The Biography of Joe Anderson
What is Joe Anderson known for?
You might know him best for his role in Hannibal, where he played a highly disturbing and unforgettable character, Mason Verger. However, Anderson boasts an impressive filmography that covers everything from historical biopics (Becoming Jane) to musical extravaganzas (Across the Universe) to indie thrillers (The Crazies).
Early Life and Education
Joe Anderson was born in England in March 1982. Little is known about his early life other than the fact that he enjoyed playing guitar and singing. He enrolled at the famed Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art to further his acting dreams.
Anderson’s first few acting credits were in rather anonymous British TV series in the early 200s. The series that would lead to his breakthrough U.S market success turned out to be the short-lived but superb and creepy thriller The River in 2012.
After that show’s cancellation, Anderson appeared briefly in a range of television shows like The Divide before casting off his horror credentials of the past for cinematic biopics and one-off character turns. One of his more critically-praised performances came in Control, the acclaimed Ian Curtis biopic by Anton Corbijn. He played Peter Hook, Curtis’s bandmate, and longtime antagonist. Anderson was critically lauded due to his portrayal of an important real-life figure.
He later appeared in many more mainstream hits such as The Grey alongside Liam Neeson and then a string of zombie horrors including ‘Resistance’.
Joe Anderson has not yet won any major awards but fans and fellow actors consistently applaud his diverse acting ability, from playing villains to heroes to rockstars to historical figures – he has done it all with skill.
The ensemble cast of the indie hit ‘Across the Universe’ featured stars like Evan Rachel Wood and Oscar-winner Jim Sturgess, yet it is Anderson who many critics regarded as the standout performer. He has since worked with some of Hollywood’s biggest names such as Ian McKellen, Freida Pinto, and Zoe Saldana.
Joe Anderson’s Best Movie Roles in brief
- Control: Anderson displayed nuanced/pathetic edge while playing Peter Hook in the acclaimed Anton Corbijn documentary about Ian Curtis.
- The Grey: In this Liam Neeson-starrer, Anderson delivered some phenomenal dialogue alongside brilliant onscreen action sequences that left long-lasting impressions on audience members.
- Hercules: In this 2014 release, he played Phineus, a character that all but stole the limelight away from leading star Dwayne Johnson.
Joe Anderson has clearly amassed quite the resume during his short life. With strong screen presence yet an approachable regular-guy persona off-screens, he has been able to make a name for himself in Hollywood. No one does “quirky anti-hero” quite like Joe Anderson, and at this rate, his bank balance is only going to get more substantial with placement in many more high-profile films.
Interesting Facts about Joe Anderson
- Went to Richmond upon Thames College.
- Studied photography.
- Trained at Webber Douglas Academy London.
- Both his parents work in the Film Industry.
- Lived on a house boat for some time.
- His father is actor Miles Anderson.
- Brother of Max Anderson who is the 2006 & 2009 World Streetboard champion.
- Mother is Lesley Duff, Talent Agent @ Diamond Management Ltd in UK.
- Attended Orleans Park School (1993-1998). Former actor Elis Matthews, journalist Benjamin Cook and distance runner Scott Overall, who also attended the same school, were in the year below.
Additional information of Joe Anderson
|Best Match for Marriage
References & Fact Checks ✅
- 1/ Filename: joe-anderson-2.jpg
- 2/ Filename: joe-anderson-3.jpg