Basic Information About John Aniston
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1933-07-24 (90 years old)|
|Place of birth||Chania|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Sherry Rooney - (14 June 1984 - present) (1 child)|
Nancy Dow - (11 December 1965 - 20 August 1980) (divorced) (1 child)
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.9 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did John Aniston win?
John Aniston roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Gilmore Girls||Douglas Swope 1 episode, 2002|
|Mad Men||Wallace Harriman 1 episode, 2010|
|American Dreams||John Victor 1 episode, 2004|
|The West Wing||Alexander Thompson 1 episode, 2002|
|The Virginian||Frank West 1 episode, 1968|
|That Girl||Phil Harvey 1 episode, 1970|
|Mission: Impossible||First IMF Captain 1 episode, 1969|
|I Spy||Economides 1 episode, 1967|
|Days of Our Lives||Victor Kiriakis 3,831 episodes, 1985-2021|
|Kojak||Dancik / ... 2 episodes, 1974|
|My Big Fat Greek Life||Constantine Christakos 1 episode, 2003|
|Airwolf||Colonel Arturo Alzar 1 episode, 1985|
|Journeyman||Merrit Ambaucher 1 episode, 2007|
|L.A. Heat||Alex Zota 1 episode, 1999|
|Combat!||Greek #2 1 episode, 1964|
John Aniston's Quotes
- In show business, you get chewed up and spit out.
- Why thrust your kid into that? You try to protect them from all the bad people out there.
- This is a business. Be smart. Choose wisely.
John Aniston – Life and Legacy
John Aniston, born in Crete, Greece, was a Greek American actor who had a successful acting career in the United States. He lived an inspiring life and had left a memorable legacy in the entertainment industry.
Net Worth Details
As of the time of his death in November 2022, John Aniston’s net worth was valued at $5 million. His wealth was accumulated through his acting roles in different soap operas, including his long-standing portrayal of Victor Kiriakis in the NBC soap opera ‘Days of Our Lives’.
What is John Aniston known for?
John Aniston is primarily known for his role in the NBC soap opera ‘Days of Our Lives’ as Victor Kiriakis, which he began playing in 1985 and played until his death in 2022.
Early life and education
John Aniston was born Yiannis Anastasakis in July 1933 on the island of Crete, Greece. When he was two years old, his family emigrated to the United States and settled in Pennsylvania. John Aniston graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a bachelor’s degree in Theater Arts.
John Aniston started his acting career in 1969 when he played the role of Eric Richards in ‘Days of Our Lives,’ which he played until 197. In 1975, he then appeared on ‘Love of Life before appearing on ‘Search for Tomorrow’ from 1978-1984.
John’s career-defining moment was when he landed the role of Victor Kiriakis on the NBC soap opera ‘Days of Our Lives’ in 1985. He flawlessly portrayed the role for over three decades, capturing the heart of viewers worldwide.
John Aniston passed away on November 11, 2022, at the age of 89. The news of his death was a massive blow to the entertainment industry, where his legacy will always be remembered.
John Aniston made waves in Hollywood and bagged several awards during his career as an actor. In 2015, he received a lifetime achievement award from the Hellenic Film Society USA, recognizing his contributions to the film industry. John’s tremendous efforts in the entertainment industry will always be spoken of, not forgetting his role as Victor Kiriakis in the soap opera ‘Days of Our Lives adored by millions globally.
John Aniston married Nancy Dow on 1965, divorcing in 198. From their union came Jennifer Aniston, one of today’s most prominent actresses in Hollywood. John was also one of the crucial parts involved in helping his daughter Jennifer build her career in the entertainment industry. Jennifer followed her father’s footsteps and has become one of the most sought-after actresses in America.
The Greek American actor John Aniston lived an inspiring life that will be a source of inspiration to future generations. He dedicated his life to pursuing his passion in acting and entertaining viewers worldwide; he is best remembered for playing Victor Kiriakis in the NBC soap opera ‘Days of Our Lives’ for over three decades. His legacy will live forever.
We can only hope that his life will continue to inspire creatives seeking to join and make a difference in the entertainment industry.
Interesting Facts about John Aniston
- Father of Jennifer Aniston and Alexander Aniston (b. 1989).
- Former father-in-law of Brad Pitt
- Speaks fluent Greek and Spanish.
- He has acted in over 40 theatrical productions including his debut in the Broadway musical "Little Mary Sunshine" and the Hollywood production of Arthur Miller's "Death of a Salesman".
- Graduated from Penn State University with a BA in Theater Arts.
- Served in the US Navy as an intelligence officer on active duty in Panama and later in the reserves attaining the rank of Lieutenant Commander.
- Best friend was Telly Savalas, who was also daughter Jennifer Aniston's godfather.
- According to the DVD commentary from the first season of Mary Tyler Moore (1970), he was supposed to play the role of Ted Baxter before Ted Knight was found.
- Ex-stepfather of John T. Melick.
- Son of Anthony Aniston (1889 - 1965) and Stella "Yiayia" Joanna Aniston (1899 - 1992).
- Has two sisters, Mary Aniston (1929-2017) and Helen Aniston (b. 913). One brother, Gustau Aniston (1926-1937).
- Ex-Father-in-law of Adriane Hallek and Justin Theroux.
- Grandfather of Ryat Aniston (b. 2014) and Kira Aniston (b. 2016).
- He is well known to Days of Our Lives (1965) fans as Victor Kiriakis, but years before joining the show as Victor, he auditioned for the role of Doug Williams on the series.