Basic Information About Lynn-Holly Johnson
|Celebrities › Actors
|Actor, Figure Skater
|Date of birth
|1958-12-13 (65 years old)
|Place of birth
|United States of America
|12 November - Kelly James Givens ( 1994 - present) (2 children)
|5 ft 2 in (1.6 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Lynn-Holly Johnson win?
Lynn-Holly Johnson's Quotes
- When fans ask me for advice, here's what I tell them: "Stay true to your heart."
Lynn-Holly Johnson: The Talented Ice Skater Turned Actress
Lynn-Holly Johnson was an American figure skater and actress who became immensely popular in the 70s and 80s due to her talent and acting capabilities. She was born in Chicago, Illinois, in December 1958 and won a silver medal at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in 1974.
Net Worth Details
According to recent reports, Lynn-Holly Johnson had a net worth of $3 million during her lifetime. Most of her wealth came from her successful acting career, but she also earned money as a professional ice skater.
What is Lynn-Holly Johnson known for?
Lynn-Holly Johnson is widely remembered as a former professional ice skater and an actress. She had a brief but illustrious career in both fields before her unfortunate retirements.
Early life and education
Johnson grew up in a family that valued sports and athletic activities. She trained as a figure skater from an early age and quickly became proficient in the sport. She attended Glenbrook North High School and then went to the University of Chicago, where she studied literature and finished her degree before pursuing acting challenges.
Lynn-Holly Johnson’s career first began as a figure skater. Her awards and recognitions include a medal at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in 1974 and a spot on the national team for several years. She later joined the Ice Capades before turning to acting.
Johnson made her debut as an actress in the 1978 movie Ice Castles, where she played the role of Alexis Winston – a talented skater. She impressed audiences with her genuine performance and, therefore, earned many offers for subsequent films.
She starred in several movies such as The Watcher in the Woods and For Your Eyes Only. However, Johnson retired from acting pretty early on. In the late 198s, she sustained an injury that prevented her from continuing her skating career further.
“Her charismatic screen presence gained her waves of fans worldwide and contributed greatly to her acting career’s success”.
Fortunately, Lynn-Holly Johnson is still alive. However, her health has been fragile for the past few years, affecting her mobility, cognition, and overall wellbeing.
Throughout her career, Lynn-Holly Johnson didn’t only become famous for her roles in movies but also received much recognition and numerous awards. She won a Golden Raspberry Award in 1985 for the Worst Supporting Actress at the Razzie Awards for her work in “Where the Boys Are”. Besides, she was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year in a Motion Picture – Female for her role in Ice Castles.
“Lynn-Holly Johnson’s dedication to her work brought her success and fame in both figure skating and acting”.
In conclusion, Lynn-Holly Johnson was a multi-talented personality- a former professional ice skater and actress. Her talent and charisma helped her achieve recognition, numerous awards, and significant success during her active years. Although she hasn’t done any recent cinematic work, it is undeniable that Lynn-Holly Johnson left a mark on the industry and on the hearts of the audience, both with her skating and film work.
Interesting Facts about Lynn-Holly Johnson
- She refused to do a nude scene in Ice Castles (1978). The producers kept trying to write a nude scene in the movie for her, but she walked off the set and halted production for a day rather than appear nude. Ms. Johnson admitted in a recent interview in People magazine that it tickles her that after all these years, people come up to her and tell her how great a family movie this is, and she thinks, "you have no idea!"
- Has older brother & sister - Gregg Johnson (b.1956) & Kimberlee Johnson.
- 2nd place at the 1974 U.S. Figure Skating Championships - Novice level
- Gave up amateur competitive skating in 1977 to join the Ice Capades.
- Has gone by the name Lynn Holly Givens since her marriage to Kelly J. Givens in 1993.
- Has heart defect and had blood clot that led to her stroke in January 2010.
- Has 2 children with her husband Kelly J. Givens - a son Kellum Dane Givens (aka Kellum Givens) & a daughter Jensie Givens.
- Has quit acting to be a full-time wife and mother to her young son, Kellen Dane Givens 
- The July 10, 1985, edition of Variety announced the movie "Remembrances from The Garden of Laura", aka "Laura's Garden", began filming July 5, 1985, in Los Angeles. Director was Christopher Munch, cast Lynn-Holly Johnson and Scott Valentine. No evidence the film was ever released.
- Always wanted to skate and at 22 was a champion ice skater.
- 1974 she won the National Novice Free Skating Silver Medal and soon after fractured her left leg and on doctors orders didn't skate for 7 months.
- Born on exactly the same date as Amy "Missy" Stoch, of "Bill & Ted" fame.