What Movie Awards did Randy Harrison win?
Randy Harrison's Quotes
- It's difficult for me to imagine Justin as a real person. He's so thoroughly a character created for serial television that his behavior, though dramatically justified on Queer as Folk, would register as childish, self-obsessed and absurd if it were displaced into the reality I'm familiar with. How could I be friends with someone who has nervous breakdowns at spilled marinara sauce, assaults high school enemies with small firearms, and has been systematically and repeatedly betrayed, lied to, condescended to, and humiliated by his boyfriend for four years? Were I placed into the TV wonderland of Queer as Folk, on the other hand, Justin and I would f**k once, realize we were twins separated at birth, and try to get our parents back together using elaborately quirky schemes. I'd most like to tell Justin to calm down. Maybe get him into a yoga class.
- What I've learned most while working on Queer as Folk has come really indirectly, less from playing Justin Taylor than from dealing with press, corporations, advertisers, the gay community, and fans of the show. I've learned the necessity of constantly realigning your perspective and the importance of standing up for yourself and being constantly aware that people are going to skew and censor you in order to make the idea of you better represent whatever agenda they've decided you'll promote. And it's all done so matter-of-factly, its such the status quo, that it becomes very simple to accept even though it completely corrodes the soul.
Randy Harrison: Net Worth and Career Details
Randy Harrison is an accomplished actor who has proven his mettle as a performer both on and off-screen. The 43-year-old actor has a net worth of around $3 million. His acting endeavors, in addition to his turn as an executive producer, director, and writer, have all contributed significantly to his sum. Over his career, Harrison has managed to make a lasting impact in various mediums of acting, garnering utmost respect and admiration from all those who know him.
What is Randy Harrison known for?
Randy Harrison is most well-known for his portrayal of Justin Taylor in the television series Queer as Folk. His electrifying performance on the show earned him widespread recognition and praise from critics and audiences alike.
Early life and education
Harrison was born on November 2, 1977, in Nashua, New Hampshire. From a young age, he developed an interest in performing arts. To further his dreams, he attended the prestigious Tisch School of Arts at New York University to hone his craft. During his time there, he got involved in various productions and showcased his talent to the world.
After completing his studies, Harrison made his acting debut with The Singing Forest in 1998. His performance on the show led to more significant opportunities, and eventually landed him the role of Justin Taylor in the series Queer as Folk. This was his breakthrough performance that gave him a massive platform to showcase his talent and establish himself as a leading actor.
Since then, he has had roles in many other television shows like Mr. Robot, such as Harry, and New York is Dead, which he also had a hand in producing. His big-screen projects include films like Bang Bang You’re Dead, Juliet Caesar, Photo Op, and Gayby. Additionally, Harrison has had an extensive career in theater and has worked on several renowned productions such as Wicked, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Romeo and Juliet.
Randy Harrison has kept his personal life very private. He is openly gay and supports various charities related to the LGBTQ+ community.
Harrison’s hard work and dedication toward his craft have not gone unnoticed by the entertainment industry. He has won numerous accolades over his career. In 2002, he was awarded the Outfest Screen Idol Award for his exceptional performance in Queer as Folk. He was also nominated for the Online Film & Television Association Award under the Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series category in 2003.
Aside from this, he has also achieved critical acclaim for his theater performances. In 2007, he won the Theatre World Award for his contribution to theater. Harrison was nominated for the Drama League Award and won the Drama-Logue award for Outstanding Performance in 200.
Randy Harrison is undoubtedly one of the most talented actors in the entertainment industry. His passion for his work, coupled with his natural flair, has made him an exceptional performer both on and off-screen. Through his various accolades and projects spanning different mediums, it is evident that his legacy as a versatile actor and creative director is well-deserved.
Interesting Facts about Randy Harrison
- Graduate of Pace Academy in Atlanta, Georgia
- Father is a CEO of a paper company.
- His only brother and sibling is a bank manager.
- Mother is a thwarted artist.
- Says he wanted to be an actor after his parents couldn't find a babysitter and had to take him to a production of "Peter Pan.".
- Lives with his partner, journalist/author Simon Dumeneco, in Brooklyn, New York. [November 2008]
- Lives in New York City when not on location or touring in a theater production. 
- Filled as Boq in Broadway's Wicked. 
- Living in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA. [December 2009]