Basic Information About Roman Coppola
|Business › Producers
|Film Director, Screenwriter, Actor, Film Producer, Cinematographer, Music Video Director, Television Director
|Date of birth
|1965-04-22 (58 years old)
|Place of birth
|United States of America
|Jennifer Furches - (? - present) (1 child)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Roman Coppola win?
Roman Coppola awards
|Movie / Series Name
|NYFCO Award - Best Screenplay
|The Darjeeling Limited
|Oscar - Best Writing, Original Screenplay
|BAFTA Film Award - Best Original Screenplay
|EDA Award - Best Writing, Original Screenplay
|ACCA - Best Original Screenplay
|Chlotrudis Award - Best Original Screenplay
|Take This Waltz
Roman Coppola roles
|Movie / Series
|Boy on Street Who Attended Funeral (uncredited)
|The Darjeeling Limited
|Francis de Marais (Redux and Final Cut versions only)
|The French Dispatch
|Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
|Senate Guard (uncredited)
|The Godfather: Part II
|Sonny Corleone - as a Boy (uncredited)
|Isle of Dogs
|Isle of Dogs
|Fantastic Mr. Fox
|Squirrel Contractor (voice)
Roman Coppola's Quotes
- I've been enjoying 'Life on the Mississippi' by Mark Twain that I picked up at the airport randomly. It's very witty and interesting to read about his time as a steamboat pilot.
- I am very much a person who appreciates perennial things. Things like a Lacoste shirt, a Clarks desert boot, Persol sunglasses and Vans shoes that have been the same forever. There are certain things that once you find it, you like it and it's done. I like Italian clothing, like suits from Battistoni and I have a shirt by Piero Albertelli.
- There are a lot of very flamboyant and outlandish people and attention-seekers in L.A., and I think that's what makes L.A. appealing. A lot of people are attracted to come here to do things and make things happen and the city seems to attract larger-than-life characters.
- I like things that are hand made - but personally for a man, I'm not interested in fashion that evolves with time. I like things to be the same. For a woman I think it's fantastic to have things that are different - it's like a flower where every season there's some new exotic bloom.
- Japan is the most intoxicating place for me. In Kyoto, there's an inn called the Tawaraya which is quite extraordinary. The Japanese culture fascinates me: the food, the dress, the manners and the traditions. It's the travel experience that has moved me the most.
Net Worth Details
Roman Coppola is a multi-talented individual who has achieved success in various fields such as filmmaking, screenwriting, producing, and entrepreneurship. With his hard work and dedication, he has amassed an impressive net worth of $10 million. While some might argue that being the son of legendary filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola gave him a head start, Roman has proven that he can shine on his own merit.
What is Roman Coppola known for?
Roman Coppola is known for his creative and innovative approach to filmmaking. He has collaborated with renowned directors such as Wes Anderson and has gained recognition for his unique storytelling abilities. Roman’s contributions to the entertainment industry go beyond directing and producing, as he has also made a name for himself as a screenwriter, entrepreneur, and music video director.
Early life and education
Roman Coppola was born in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France in April 1965. As the son of Francis Ford Coppola and Eleanor Neil, he grew up surrounded by the world of cinema. His exposure to the film industry from a young age played a significant role in shaping his career. Roman had the opportunity to appear as a child actor in iconic films such as “The Godfather” and its sequel, “The Godfather Part II.”
Roman Coppola’s career is characterized by his versatile talents and his ability to excel in various creative roles. He co-wrote the film “Moonrise Kingdom” alongside Wes Anderson and received an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Screenplay. This recognition solidified his reputation as a skilled screenwriter.
In addition to his success in the film industry, Roman ventured into television and found exceptional success with the series “Mozart in the Jungle.” As an executive producer, creator, co-writer, and director, he played a pivotal role in bringing this Golden Globe-winning musical comedy-drama to life.
Not just limited to the world of film and television, Roman Coppola has also made a significant impact in the field of music videos. He has worked with a wide range of artists, including Green Day, Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim, and Arcade Fire, to name just a few. Through his direction and vision, he brought a distinctive visual aesthetic to these music videos, further showcasing his talent for storytelling.
Roman Coppola’s achievements extend beyond the accolades he has received for his work in film and television. His artistic contributions to the music industry are also noteworthy. He has directed music videos for some of the most influential artists of our time, collaborating with them to create visually captivating experiences that complement their music.
Furthermore, Roman has established himself as an entrepreneur, displaying his business acumen and ability to bring creative ideas to life. His ventures outside of the entertainment industry reflect his versatility and willingness to explore new territories.
While Roman Coppola’s success may have roots in his familial connections, it is clear that he has built a name for himself through his own talent and passion. His net worth stands as a testament to his dedication to his craft and his ability to make a mark in multiple creative fields. Roman’s contributions continue to influence and inspire aspiring filmmakers, screenwriters, and entrepreneurs around the world.
Outside of his professional accomplishments, Roman is also known for his love of adventure and travel. His curiosity about different cultures and perspectives often finds its way into his work, adding depth and richness to the stories he tells. Through his unique perspective and innovative approach, Roman Coppola continues to make a lasting impact on the world of entertainment.
Interesting Facts about Roman Coppola
- Cousin of Jason Schwartzman
- Francis Ford Coppola's then-eight-year-old son appeared in his father's The Godfather: Part II (1974) as the young Sonny Corleone. "We had to curl his hair every morning", recalls Francis, "which he hated."
- Son of Francis Ford Coppola
- Brother of Sofia Coppola
- Grandson of Carmine Coppola
- Nephew of Talia Shire
- Cousin of Nicolas Cage, Marc Coppola and Christopher Coppola
- Cousin of Robert Schwartzman.
- Attended New York University Film School
- Directs all of The Strokes music videos
- Great-grandson of Francesco Pennino.
- Sixth member of his family to be nominated for an Academy Award. Father Francis Ford Coppola won Best Screenplay for Patton (1970), The Godfather (1972) and The Godfather: Part II (1974), and Best Picture and Director for the latter. Sister Sofia Coppola won Best Screenplay for Lost in Translation (2003). Aunt Talia Shire was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for The Godfather: Part II (1974) and Best Leading Actress for Rocky (1976). Grandfather Carmine Coppola won Best Original Score for The Godfather: Part II (1974). Cousin Nicolas Cage won Best Actor for Leaving Las Vegas (1995).
- Brother of Gian-Carlo Coppola.
- His father is of Italian descent. His mother is of British Isles ancestry.
- One daughter, Pascale Coppola (b. 2011).