Basic Information About Ryan Sheckler
|Category||Athletes › Skateboarders|
|Professions||Athlete, Skateboarder, Entrepreneur, Actor|
|Date of birth||1989-12-30 (33 years old)|
|Place of birth||La Palma|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Shecklair|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Ryan Sheckler win?
Ryan Sheckler awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Teen Choice Award - Choice TV: Male Reality/Variety Star||Nominee||Life of Ryan||2009|
Ryan Sheckler's Quotes
- A part of me relates to kids my age, a part of me doesn't, I'm not complaining about my life, but it definitely gets to me when I want to go to the beach. But then, I also want to travel and do all these cool things I get to do. It kind of clashes a little bit, but it's not something I can't handle.
- I'm pretty comfortable with the image I have now. People generally know me for my skating, and I think that's really the way I want to keep it. I'm not trying to be something I'm not. This is who I am when I wake up in the morning, and I'm comfortable just being myself. Like, I used to be into wearing all black and stuff like that, but I probably won't be going out and getting full tattoos overnight.
- In my downtime, I try to catch up as much as possible with hanging out with my friends and stuff like that. I go to the movies, ride my dirtbike, and surf. On a Friday night, I like to drive around town with my homeys, find stuff to do. I like being home and trying to take advantage of it as much as possible. I like being a part of the scene in San Clemente, so that's pretty much what I'm out doing when I get a chance. This year has been crazy, though. I haven't been home much.
- I knew this was a career when I realized people actually wanted to see me skate.
- I think really you turn pro when you feel ready. I think your sponsors have to be behind you 100% because the sponsors are the ones that are going to pay you to turn pro. It's just about having heart. You've just got to skate, skate your heart out and have fun with it all the time. It's all about having fun.
The Life and Accomplishments of Ryan Sheckler
When it comes to the world of professional skateboarding, few names shine as brightly as Ryan Sheckler. Born on December 30, 1989, in San Clemente, California, Ryan Sheckler has become a household name in the skateboarding community and beyond. With a net worth of $8 million, Sheckler has solidified himself as one of the most influential skateboarders of all time.
Early Life and Passion for Skateboarding
Ryan Sheckler’s journey in skateboarding started at a remarkably young age. At just eighteen months old, he stumbled upon his father’s skateboard and instantly fell in love with the sport. From that moment on, he dedicated countless hours to mastering the art of skateboarding.
Sheckler’s father recognized his son’s talent and passion early on and wholeheartedly supported him. To nurture Ryan’s skills, he even built a custom skate park in their backyard. This environment provided Sheckler with the perfect platform to hone his abilities and ultimately become the professional skateboarder he is today.
An Impressive Career and Achievements
Ryan Sheckler’s career took off when he participated in the X Games summer event in 2003. At just thirteen years old, he became the youngest ever gold medalist in the Skateboard Park category. This win catapulted him into the limelight and paved the way for numerous other victories.
In addition to his X Games success, Sheckler also triumphed in competitions such as the Vans Triple Crown, Gravity Games, and Slam City Jam. He quickly turned professional and joined Rodney Mullen and Daewon Song’s skateboard company, Almost. Ryan became a prominent figure on the team and even featured in the video introduction to the company’s inaugural video, ‘Almost: Round Three.’
“Life of Ryan,” a reality television series that premiered in 2007, showcased the everyday life of Sheckler as he balanced his career and personal life. The show provided a unique behind-the-scenes look at the dedication and sacrifices required to excel in the skateboarding world. While the series eventually ended in 2009 after three successful seasons, it left an indelible mark on the industry.
- In addition to his impressive career, Ryan Sheckler has made considerable contributions to charitable causes. In 2008, he founded the Sheckler Foundation with a mission to support injured and recovering athletes and empower the community. Every year, the foundation organizes events such as “Skate For A Cause” and the “Ryan Sheckler X Games Celebrity Golf Tournament” to raise funds and create positive change.
- Aside from his professional achievements, Sheckler’s real estate ventures have also garnered attention. In 2008, he purchased a stunning Mediterranean-style home in the gated community of San Clemente. Equipped with state-of-the-art amenities such as a gym, complete house surround sound, and a custom theater with a 103-inch television, this property truly reflected Sheckler’s success in his field.
Despite already achieving so much in his career, Ryan Sheckler shows no signs of slowing down. As of 2018, he continues to participate in skateboarding competitions and stars in promotional videos and films. Sheckler represents powerhouse brands such as Etnies, Plan B, Oakley, Red Bull, Ethika, and Melin, solidifying his status as an influential figure in the industry.
A Lasting Legacy
Ryan Sheckler’s impact on the skateboarding world cannot be overstated. From his early days grappling with his father’s skateboard to his meteoric rise to fame, he has inspired countless individuals to pursue their passions fearlessly. Through his foundation and charitable pursuits, Sheckler has given back to his community and empowered others to make positive changes. With a bright future ahead, Ryan Sheckler continues to be a leading force in the skateboarding industry and beyond.
Interesting Facts about Ryan Sheckler
- Placed first at the second stop of the Van's Triple Crown in New Jersey
- 3rd at Gravity Games in 2004
- Worst injury is fracturing his foot in two places trying to smiths grind a nine-stair hand rail
- Favorite movie is Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971).
- Has two brothers, Shane Sheckler and Kane Sheckler.
- Started skating at 18 months (just rolling around) and started doing tricks at age 6.
- Favorite bands are Guns N' Roses and The Cure.
- Was a special guest star on Teen Nick with Tony Hawk.
- Placed 1st at the 2004 LG Sports Championship
- Also rides motocross and enjoys golfing.
- At age 13, he was the youngest skater to win a pro contest when he competed in the Vancouver Slam City Jam. He was is also the world champion skater (accomplished in the same year).
- Broke his arm during practice for the Vans Triple Crown competition and later found out that he also broke his elbow in the opposite arm earlier, but that it fused itself.
- Got his sponsorship start when he frequently visited a neighborhood skate shop and asked to display some of his trophies.
- Like many professional skaters his age, he is homeschooled. But, he says that he would like to attend a regular high school at least some time during the remainder of his education.
- Sponsored by Plan B, Volcom, Etnies, Red Bull, Silver Trucks, Bones, Ninja, Mob Grip, Oakley, Nixon, Kicker, CCS, and Panasonic.
- Took the gold metal at the 2003 X Games for the street course, beating out Eric Koston.
- Placed 2nd in the 2005 Globe World Cup, and won $15,000.
- He keeps packages of skateboard wheels in his freezer so that they last longer.
- Owns one of five Sobe sponsored Les Paul Gibson guitars.
- Has a skatepark in his backyard.