What Movie Awards did Shawnee Smith win?
Shawnee Smith awards
|Movie / Series Name
|Young Artist Award - Best Young Actress in a Horror or Mystery Motion Picture
Shawnee Smith roles
|Movie / Series
|Leaving Las Vegas
|Amanda (archive footage)
|Amanda Young (archive footage)
|Who's Harry Crumb?
|The Secret Life of the American Teenager
|Carrie 2 episodes, 2010-2011
|The X Files
|Jessie O'Neil 1 episode, 1994
|Murder, She Wrote
|Jill Cleveland 1 episode, 1993
|Linda 129 episodes, 1998-2004
|Tawny 1 episode, 1984
|Vivian 1 episode, 2003
|Cagney & Lacey
|Mrs. Zal's daughter 1 episode, 1985
Shawnee Smith's Quotes
- Acting is like a game of tennis. The better your opponent, the better you're going to play. I've had some of my best tennis matches with Tobin [Bell] because he's relentless about truth and has an incredible work ethic.
- (On the jaw trap in Saw (2004)) It was heavy. I had this mouth piece I had to clamp down and they padded it up to try and get it as tight to my head as possible because I really had to fling myself around. If I do something like that, I just go all the way with it.
- (On the role of "Amanda" in Saw (2004)) Amanda's been a great part to play over the years. She's my lucky strike. I take the scream queen title as an honor. I went from Becker (1998) to this character and they were so vastly different. Amanda's really changed, too. She gives a few, but she gets you. With any character I play, I gravitate to the juxtaposition and humor. It has been a fun ride.
- (after winning a 2007 Eyegore award) This scares me [referring to the award statue], I can't bring it home because of my children, I can't watch my own clip, the ghouls at the entrance of tonight upset me, but I do want to say thank you to everyone.
- (in reference to horror films) I don't like to see a scary image because it sticks in my mind. Which is maybe why I get hired to do the scary movies because I'm truly scared and upset.
Shawnee Smith Net Worth, Biography, and Achievements
Net Worth Details
Shawnee Smith is an accomplished and talented American actress and singer who has made quite a name for herself in Hollywood. Her outstanding achievement over the years has got her a net worth of $3 million.
What is Shawnee Smith known for?
Shawnee Smith is most recognized for her powerful and emotional acting prowess that has illuminated the screens of both TV and film industries for the past several decades.
Early life and education
Success came Shawnee’s way at a very tender age when she began acting as a child. Orangeburg, South Carolina was where Shawnee was born into the world in July 197. Ever since she was little, Shawnee had the flair for music and took her time to hone her skills, which eventually brought her to the world stage as an actress and singer.
As mentioned earlier, Shawnee joined the Screen Actors Guild at just nine years old and launched her career soon after with her first appearance on the big screen in the movie, Annie in ’82. Ever since that debut, she has gone on to make exceptionally great appearances on subsequent plays, TV series, and movies. One of her best-known TV roles was as Linda on the show Becker from 1998 until 2004. Furthermore, she has also won many awards for her outstanding performances on shows such as To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday. Also noteworthy are her appearances in movies that have helped her gain nationwide acclaim, including Summer School, Dogtown, The Blob, Leaving Las Vegas, Armageddon, Saw, The Grudge 3, and other masterpieces that have established her as a powerhouse in the industry.
Shawnee Smith is still alive and actively engaged in her career.
Shawnee Smith is a talented and respected actress who has achieved great milestones in both music and the entertainment industries. She is reputed as a dynamic persona evident through the roles she has brought to life on TV and films, garnering an enormous fan base across the globe. Recognitions and awards from a wide range of industry players and peers have immensely boosted her profile. Tracy Putnam, a renowned playwright and novelist, helped Shawnee get her start in the world because she saw her raw talent. Consequently, in the course of her career, Shawnee Smith has received Chiller-Eyegore Award for the Saw franchise and has been nominated twice for the Young Artist Awards. Also highly acknowledged are her international live concerts, band performances, and brand advertisement campaigns. Her contribution to the film and music industries is undoubtedly legendary.
Usually, between takes on movie sets, Shawnee surprisingly ends up giving trivia quizzes—with people hollering answers back at her competing for a prize. Little wonder people are endeared to her.
The bottom line
No matter the task thrown before her, Shawnee has shown that she can handle any role with sterling finesse and has made her career a force to be reckoned with in Hollywood. Her charisma is pronounced, making her known not only as an artist but also a woman who rocks life relentlessly.
Interesting Facts about Shawnee Smith
- She still gets recognized by fans as Meg Penny from The Blob (1988) and loves it.
- Smith has three children; a daughter named Verve, born in 1999, from her marriage to photographer Jason Reposar and a son named Jakson, born on December 12, 2005, from her brief marriage to musician Kai Mattoon. She gave birth to her third child, a boy, in March 2010.
- Appeared in two films directed by Michael Bay, Armageddon (1998) and The Island (2005), in both of which she acts in only one scene, alongside Steve Buscemi as his love interest.
- She was writer/director James Wan's first choice to play the role of Amanda in the film Saw (2004). He was motivated by a crush he had on her since the age of 14. Fellow Saw alums Darren Lynn Bousman and Leigh Whannell have also made their crushes known during the DVD commentaries.
- Can claim "military brat-hood" thanks to her father Jim, an Air Force officer. At the age of 16 she played an Air Force brat in the film Iron Eagle (1986).
- Was 4 months pregnant with her son Jakson during the filming of Saw II (2005).
- Is a triathlete.
- Was pregnant with her daughter, Verve, throughout the first season of Becker (1998).
- Hates horror films and has repeatedly admitted to being scared of her own movies.
- Originally turned down the role of "Amanda Young" in Saw (2004) because it was upsetting her. She was offered the role a second time and accepted after seeing the original short film by James Wan and Leigh Whannell.
- She is part of a desert-country rock band, called "Smith and Pyle", with actress Missi Pyle. They digitally released their debut album, It's OK to be Happy, in July 2008. The band plays shows consistently in California along with performing at conventions for fans. The band disbanded in 2011.
- Has shared the screen with actor Barry Flatman twice; in the television movie Easy Prey (1986) and in Saw III (2006).
- She was nominated for a Spike TV Scream Award in the "Most Vile Villain" category alongside her Saw IV (2007) costar Tobin Bell in 2007.
- Formed her punk-rock band "Fydolla Ho" with Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo and Skindred vocalist Benji Webbe as a small recording project. The band went on to release a full album, along with two EPs, and tour the United States and United Kingdom before officially splitting in 2004.
- Good friends with Tammy Lauren, with whom she co-starred in the movies, Crime of Innocence (1985) and I Saw What You Did (1988).
- She home schools her children.
- Performing at "The Mint" in Los Angeles, CA alongside Missi Pyle and their band, "Smith and Pyle". [November 2009]
- Writing and recording new songs with Missi Pyle at Rancho de la Luna in preparation for the second Smith & Pyle album. [April 2010]
- Attended the Texas Frightmare Weekend convention in Dallas, TX as part of the Saw (2004) panel alongside Cary Elwes and Costas Mandylor. [April 2011]
- Her conversion to Eastern Orthodoxy in 2012 was the inspiration behind her directorial debut documentary, Orthodox: A Love Story.
References & Fact Checks ✅
- 1/ Filename: smith-and-pyle-citywalk-8132307U.jpg
- 2/ Filename: shawnee-smith-con-06-tFh87V97.jpg