Basic Information About Soleil Moon Frye
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1976-08-06 (47 years old)|
|Place of birth||Glendora|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Long dark hair|
|Spouse||Jason Goldberg - (25 October 1998 - present) (filed for divorce) (4 children)|
|Height||5 ft (1.549 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Soleil Moon Frye win?
Soleil Moon Frye awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Young Artist Award - Best Young Actress - Voice Over Role||Winner||Punky Brewster||1989|
|Young Artist Award - Best Animation Voice Over Group||Nominee||Punky Brewster||1988|
|Young Artist Award - Best Young Actress Starring in a Television Series||Winner||Punky Brewster||1986|
Soleil Moon Frye roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Friends||Katie 1 episode, 1999|
|Punky Brewster||Punky Brewster 10 episodes, 2021|
|CHiPs||Little Max 1 episode, 1983|
|Johnny Bravo||Mary 1 episode, 1997|
|The Kelly Clarkson Show||Self 1 episode, 2021|
|The Wonder Years||Mimi Detweiler 1 episode, 1990|
|Sabrina the Teenage Witch||Roxie King 66 episodes, 2000-2003|
|Hollywood Darlings||Soleil 2 episodes, 2017-2018|
|Planet Sheen||Aseefa 13 episodes, 2010-2013|
|WWE Monday Night RAW||Self - Audience Member 1 episode, 2021|
|Diff'rent Strokes||Terry Harris 1 episode, 1985|
|The Ren & Stimpy Show||Susan Fout 1 episode, 1993|
|The Talk||Self / ... 4 episodes, 2011-2014|
|The Proud Family||Zoey Howzer 48 episodes, 2001-2005|
|Watch What Happens: Live||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2012|
|Robot Chicken||Punky Brewster / ... 3 episodes, 2009-2014|
|Saved by the Bell||Robin 1 episode, 1992|
|Bratz||Jade 17 episodes, 2005-2006|
|Access Hollywood||Self 2 episodes, 2021|
Soleil Moon Frye's Quotes
- I was always trying to find the balance between trying my best and being an incredible parent. I literally realized that it was chaos - but it was happy chaos.
- I love social media and the ability to connect to new people through Twitter and Facebook and share my real time experiences with my mommy network.
- Catsuits were big for me in the '90s, and I had many of them. Even catsuits with shorts in them.
- Eventually, I'll go back to acting, but for right now, my children are the most important thing in the world to me.
- I love being pregnant!
Soleil Moon Frye: From Punky Brewster to Successful Entrepreneur
Soleil Moon Frye is an American actress, director, and screenwriter who rose to fame as the lead actor in the 198s TV series ‘Punky Brewster’. But she is more than just a child star. With her impressive abilities and talent, she has become a successful entrepreneur and media personality.
Early Life and Career
Soleil Moon Frye was born on August 6th, 1976 in Glendora, California. Following in the footsteps of her father and brother, she began acting at the age of two, and her career soon took off. Her mother, Sondra Peluce, became her manager.Throughout her successful career as a child star, her most memorable performance was as the spunky orphan in ‘Punky Brewster’, which ran for four seasons, from 1984 to 1988.
Her popularity soared during the 80s and helped establish her as one of the most loved young stars of her generation. However, following the series’ conclusion, she struggled to find sustainable success as an actress. But that didn’t deter her from staying in the industry. She went on to take various small roles in movies and tv shows while transitioning to directing and screenwriting.
In the 200s, she played Roxie King on ‘Sabrina, The Teenage Witch’, becoming a standout member of the cast. In 2004, she directed an emotional documentary called ‘Sonny Boy’ detailing a two-week trip she took with her father despite his Alzheimer’s disease diagnosis. The documentary won Best Documentary at the San Diego Film Festival and became an official selection at the 27th Starz Denver International Film Festival.
In October 1998, Soleil married producer, Jason Goldberg. Together, they have four children. But unfortunately, they decided to separate in 202 after 22 years of marriage.
Aside from acting and filmmaking, Soleil is also an accomplished entrepreneur. In 2007, she and two friends opened The Little Seed, an environmentally conscious children’s boutique located in Los Angeles.The boutique became a hit among eco-conscious mothers. Due to its success, the three partners went on to open more stores in various locations throughout the region.
As her career grew and evolved, Soleil made several notable investments in real estate alongside her husband, Jason. Their journey in homeownership began back in 2002 when they purchased a home in Los Angeles’ Beachwood Canyon neighborhood for $900,000. In January 2022, they sold this house for a little less than $2.5 million.
In 2004, they purchased another home for $1.1 million in the trendy Venice Beach neighborhood of Los Angeles. Two years later, they bought a house at LA’s Windsor Square neighborhood for $2.3 million from none other than ‘Weeds’ actress Elizabeth Perkins. They later sold that house in 2018 for $4.5 million.
In 2018, Soleil and Jason paid $2.56 million for a home located in Hidden Hills, California. They spent considerable time and resources updating the property before listing it for sale in February 2021 for a price tag of $6 million. The house eventually sold for a price slightly less than their asking price, $3.5 million, in the summer of 2021.
Net Worth Details
Soleil Moon Frye’s net worth is currently estimated to be around $5 million. The bulk of her earnings came from her acting career, but her entrepreneurial ventures also helped boost that figure. Through her business ventures, she has shown an immense ability to adapt to new challenges and change with shifting trends in the economy, indicating a long and successful career ahead.
Soleil Moon Frye’s impressive resume includes notable achievements both as a child actor and later on in her work as an adult screenwriter and director. Nineties kids grew up watching her on ‘Punky Brewster’, while others may have appreciated her critically acclaimed documentary on Alzheimer’s disease. Her emergence as an entrepreneur only confirms that she has the ability to succeed in a wide variety of fields. With such success, Soleil proves to be a great inspiration for aspiring artists and entrepreneurs alike.
The depth of Soleil’s array of abilities is impressive. She rose to fame in one field before setting her sights on other areas where she could show her varied talents, proving herself as an excellent writer, director and entrepreneur. All in all, Soleil remains a reminder of how far drive, hard work, and passion can take someone towards their dreams. Despite her ups and downs, she is a true example of resilience.
Interesting Facts about Soleil Moon Frye
- Younger half-sister of Sean Frye and Meeno Peluce.
- Soleil (pronounced "So-lay") means "sun" in French.
- Graduated from a private high school in California's San Fernando Valley. She then attended New School University in New York for one year.
- At the age of 22 she directed Wild Horses (1998).
- Her mother named her Soleil Moon after the song "I Got the Sun in the Morning (and the Moon at Night)", from the musical "Annie Get Your Gun".
- When Shannen Doherty left the series Charmed (1998), Soleil was one of the short list of actors considered to replace her. The role later went to Rose McGowan.
- She starred in the television movie, I've Been Waiting for You (1998), where her character hunts a witch. Ironically, a few years later she joined the cast of Sabrina the Teenage Witch (1996), where she played the best friend of a witch.
- 2005: Ranked #35 on VH1's 100 Greatest Kid Stars.
- Her daughter Poet Sienna Rose is called Poe for short.
- Daughter of Virgil Frye and Sondra Peluce.
- Childhood friend of Melissa Joan Hart.
- Is co-owner of The Little Seed Eco-friendly baby boutique in Los Angeles, California.
- Was a camper at Cottontail Ranch in the early '90s.
- Friend of Gina Leonard, Victoria Leonard, and Marissa Ribisi.
- Mommy Ambassador for Target.
- Her acting mentor was George Gaynes.
- Best known by the public for her starring role as the title character in Punky Brewster (1984).
- She is currently working on a movie called For Better or for Worse (2013), which in in post-production and due out in 2010. It is a comedy about a pair of grooms whose family, friends, and exes threaten to turn their wedding into a disastrous event. [June 2009]
- She has played the same character (Punky Brewster) in three different series: Punky Brewster (1984), Punky Brewster (1985) and Robot Chicken (2005).
- After Punky Brewster (1984), Frye didn't keep in touch with George Gaynes.