What Movie Awards did Sophia Myles win?
Sophia Myles roles
|Movie / Series
|Transformers: Age of Extinction
|Erika (as Sophia Miles)
|Tristan + Isolde
|Susan Gascoigne 1 episode, 2002
|Reinette 1 episode, 2006
|Agatha Christie's Marple
|Gwenda Halliday 1 episode, 2006
|Beth Bailey 8 episodes, 2010
|Good Morning Britain
|Self 1 episode, 2020
|Dr. Anna Clarke 2 episodes, 2014
|Defence Lawyer 1 episode, 2006
|Heather Conway 1 episode, 2001
Sophia Myles's Quotes
- I'm just pretending that this isn't real. You've got to continue living your life, otherwise it's so expensive! You've got to take taxis everywhere!
- I sometimes think that if someone spoke to me the way I speak to myself, I would kick them. I've always been really ambitious, whatever I do. At school, I always wanted to be the best in the class - no, it wasn't enough to be the best in the class, I'd want to be the best in the country.
- James Franco is Mr. Method, very intense. He scoured the globe for every single copy of the original story whereas I sat with a pint of Guinness and my script.
- [on Tristan + Isolde (2006)] The funniest scene was where we drag James into the hut. We referred to that scene as the Franco Sandwich, me and Bronagh. When she drops down naked and said the line, "Ah, I haven't been naked with a man in 15 years!", we always used to find that so funny. You know when something kinda gets you and you just can't stop? I'd see him shaking and I'd start laughing... it took about 69 takes to do.
- I've spent a lot of time in L.A. and I love it. A lot of Brits can't stand the place, but I like the west coast attitude and the way people celebrate success.
Sophia Myles: From School Plays to International Stardom
Sophia Myles may have had a humble start in acting, but she has undoubtedly grown to become a prominent figure in the entertainment industry. Born in London, England in March 198, this talented actress developed an interest in acting at a young age. She pursued her passion and went on to make an impressive name for herself in movies and television series. Today, Sophia Myles has a net worth of $5 million, and she owes much of that success to her hard work, dedication, and her outstanding performances on both the small and big screen.
What is Sophia Myles Known For?
Sophia Myles began her acting career when she was spotted by Julian Fellowes during a school play. Her big break came when she landed the recurring role of Lady Jane Grey in the series The Prince and the Pauper in 1996. She quickly established herself through her impressive performances and garnered recognition for her talent.
Early Life and Education
Sophia Myles was born and raised in London, England. Born to Jane Myles and Peter R. Myles, who is a retired Church of England vicar. She attended Fox Primary School and continued her education at the Green School for Girls and Dorothy Stringer High School in Brighton.
Myles’s talent and dedication to acting led to numerous recurring roles in several television series until the year 200. Her debut films came out in 1999 where she starred in guest House Paradiso and Mansfield Park. The actress later climbed the ladder of success and became a renowned actress known for roles such as that of Beth Turner in the series Moonlight that ran from 2007-2008. In 201, Myles appeared as Beth Bailey in the popular television series Spooks. Sophia Myles has starred in the films From Hell, The Abduction Club, Underworld, Thunderbirds, Underworld: Evolution, Tristan + Isolde, Art School Confidential, Outlander, Hallam Foe, The Damned, Blackwood and Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Sophia Myles is an accomplished actress with an impressive portfolio of accomplishments. Her outstanding performances have earned her several nominations and awards. She bagged a BAFTA Scotland Award for Best Actress for her lead role in the film Hallam Foe in 2007, making her a critically acclaimed and respected member of the acting community.
The actress has stunned audiences worldwide with her versatility in portraying different characters. Her role in the fantasy action horror Underworld saw Myles portray the vampiress Erika under Len Wiseman’s direction. Under Wiseman’s direction again in Transformers: Age of Extinction, she was seen as a scientist who helps the industrial crew, played by Mark Wahlberg and Stanley Tucci.
Myles is also harnessed with a great voiceover talent and voiced one of the characters in the animation movie Thunderbirds Are Go.
Sophia Myles has made a significant impact on the entertainment industry, and she continues to be a respected figure in Hollywood today. Her talent and dedication have enabled her to take on new and challenging roles that showcase her versatility as an actress. Graduating from school plays to becoming an international sensation, Sophia Myles has come a long way.
Interesting Facts about Sophia Myles
- Daughter of Peter R. Myles, a retired Vicar of the Church of England, and wife Jane Allan, daughter of a Welsh and wife a Russian.
- Has an exceptionally good ear for accents.
- Her skills include horse riding, skiing, skating, swimming.
- Was accepted at Cambridge University to study Philosophy after getting straight As at A-level. However, she chose to pursue her acting career.
- Can speak French and German.
- Listens to Tracy Chapman.
- Her favorite film is the adventure-comedy film The Goonies (1985).
- She was spotted by actor and Oscar-winning screenwriter Julian Fellowes in her school play and plucked out to play "Lady Jane Grey" in a BBC production of The Prince and the Pauper (1996).
- Spent many holidays, while growing up, in the Sovereign Principality of Liechtenstein.
- Announced on Twitter the birth of a son on 27 September 2014.
- Was considered for the role of Carol Marcus in Star Trek into Darkness (2013), which went to Alice Eve.
References & Fact Checks ✅
- 1/ Filename: sophia-myles-8o61sP10.jpg
- Checked: ✅ Yes (2023-07-02 19:04:43)
- Source URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sophia_Myles.jpg
- Original Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/howie_berlin/392499453/?addedcomment=1#comment72157603922407630
- Author: Howie_Berlin
- Licence: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license.
- Date taken: February 2007