Basic Information About Theresa Russell
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1957-03-20 (66 years old)|
|Place of birth||San Diego|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Nicolas Roeg - (22 February 1986 - ?) (divorced) (2 children)|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.67 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Theresa Russell win?
Theresa Russell roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Wild Things||Sandra Van Ryan|
|Spider-Man 3||Emma Marko|
|Aria||King Zog (segment "Un ballo in maschera")|
|Tenebre||Anne (voice) (uncredited)|
|The Last Tycoon||Cecilia Brady|
|The Believer||Lina Moebius|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Regina Reid 1 episode, 2006|
|Fringe||Rebecca Kibner 1 episode, 2009|
|Nash Bridges||Ellen Holiday / ... 2 episodes, 2000|
Theresa Russell's Quotes
- It's easier to get to the top when you're shooting for the top.
- Because of being in Hollywood's backyard, there were little girls when I was growing up going, 'Oooh, I just did a commercial!' and I just wanted to slap them, they were so pretentious and horrible. God, I never wanted to be an actress because they were such little snots. (on her initially view of acting and Hollywood.)
- On mothering: Being a mother is my most important role in life.
- Sometimes I get nice parts in what you might call nice movies, and I want to do them, but I'm not able because of the time slot needed to make the movie. I've been away from my husband and children too long.
Theresa Russell: A Talented Actress with an Impressive Net Worth
The film industry has always been a world filled with many talented stars over the years, and actors can make impressive fortunes for their skillful portrayals in movies. One of these remarkable actresses is Theresa Russell, who has mesmerized audiences with some of her incredible performances. Born in San Diego in March 1957, Theresa has had a life as colorful as the roles she has portrayed over the years. With an estimated net worth of $5 million, she stands out as one of the gifted actresses of her time, thanks to her versatile talent in acting and modeling.
What is Theresa Russell known for?
With a career span of over 50 years, Theresa Russell has become a familiar face in the entertainment industry since she made her film debut at the age of 19 in “The Last Tycoon.” But she became a top actress more notably in 198 with her role alongside William Hurt in “Body Heat.” Over the years, Russell played several indecipherable femme fatales and sexual predators in different genres of past era movies
Early Life and Education
Before making a profound impact in the film industry, Theresa Russell was modeling at just twelve years old. Soon enough, one thing led to another, and she was making a foray into the world of music videos and films.
With nearly 50 movies and TV projects to her name, Theresa Russell is no doubt one of the most successful actresses in Hollywood. Her acting credits include major roles in well-known films such as Velvet Underground, The Razor’s Edge, Wild Things, The Believer, and Now & Forever.
Apart from movies, she also appeared in various TV shows such as Fringe, Cold Case, Nash Bridges, and Law & Order. Theresa Russell has won a couple of awards in her movie career, including the Best Actress awards from MystFest in 1988 and Method Fest.
Theresa Russell has made a name for herself in Hollywood as a talented and charismatic actress. Through her hard work, dedication, and natural talent, she has climbed the ranks of the industry and performed many acclaimed roles in her career. Her famously dark roles and enigmatic allure made her a standout character in every movie she has played gave most of them substantial box office success.
However, besides acting, Russel is an animal lover who actively participates in animal rescue campaigns through her non-profit “Sanctuary on the Spot” program. Theresa is also involved with social justice projects, working with domestic abuse victims and promoting programs that address social obesity.
Net Worth Details
Theresa Russell has amassed quite an impressive fortune throughout her illustrious career as an actress, writer, and model. Closely associated with her wealth is her estimated net worth of $5 million.
This wealth comes from various sources, including her career as an actress, model, and writer. Some of her significant earnings come from playing major roles in hit movies whose box office collection earned quite an amount. In all these dealings, she stands out as a respected performer whose talent has given her opportunities to excel in today’s competitive entertainment industry.
Theresa Russell has graced the big screen for quite a while and created an unerasable mark in the film industry with her mesmerizing performances. She truly deserves to be called a talented and versatile actress with a notable net worth. From playing a young, innocent woman to a decimating and enigmatic femme for years, she never ceases to amaze her fans.
We will always remember her contribution to the American film industry and her continued dedication to various worthy causes she tirelessly supports.
Interesting Facts about Theresa Russell
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the "100 Sexiest Stars" in film history (#58). 
- According to the liner notes to Pete Townshend's album "Scoop 3," she was the inspiration for The Who song "Athena" (originally titled "Teresa").
- Began modelling at age 12.
- Studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Institute in Hollywood.
- In 1986 Russell won the National Association of Theater Owners Award as "The Star of Tomorrow".
- Son: Maximillian Roeg, born c. 1985; father, Nicolas Roeg.
- Son: Statten Roeg, born c. 1983; father, Nicolas Roeg.
- Was friends with guitarist Randy Rhoads when they were in the eighth grade.Source: March 2006 Guitar World interview with Randy Rhoads' best friend Kelly Garni.
- Ex-sister-in-law of Nicolette Roeg.
- Antalya International Golden Orange Film Festival, Antalya, Turkey [October 2009]
- Second wife of Nicolas Roeg.
- Has appeared in numerous films directed by Nicolas Roeg, including Bad Timing (1980), Eureka (1983), Insignificance (1985), Track 29 (1988), and Cold Heaven (1991).
- Voluptuous figure.