What Movie Awards did Alok Nath win?
Alok Nath Net Worth Details
Alok Nath is one of the most popular actors in the Indian film industry, and he is a veteran artist with nearly 200 acting credits to his name. As of 2021, Alok Nath’s net worth is estimated to be $10 million.
Biography of Alok Nath
What is Alok Nath known for?
Alok Nath is best known for his roles in Bollywood films and television series. Throughout his career, he has played various characters, including father, friend, brother, and grandfather.
Early life and education
Alok Nath was born in Delhi, India, in July 1956 to a Punjabi family with roots in Khemkaran. His father was a government official who worked as a PA (Public Administrator) for the Punjab Government. Alok Nath completed his graduation from the prestigious Hindu College in Delhi University, where he was part of the Dramatics Society. During his college days, he discovered his love for acting, and there was no looking back for him afterward.
Alok Nath began his acting career in the 198s with the Doordarshan TV serial Rishte-Naate. His performance as Haveli Ram in the popular Buniyaad TV series that began in 1986 established him as one of India’s most beloved actors. He worked as a supporting actor in various Bollywood movies like Maine Pyar Kiya, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Vivaah, and many more. In some films, Nath played negative roles that received critical acclaim for his performance.
Nath is also famous for his work on the small screen. He appeared in some of the popular TV serials such as Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, and many more. Nath’s versatility as an actor is widely appreciated, and he is known to deliver some of the industry’s most poignant performances.
The Curious Case of Alok Nath
Apart from his contributions to the film industry, Alok Nath found himself trending on social media in 2013 for an entirely different reason – memes! It all started when the people vented out their frustration about Sanskaar or Culture, following the tumultuous Nirbhaya rape case in Delhi. From that day on, a series of Sanskaar jokes with his name quickly spread like wildfire on different social media platforms.
Alok Nath’s Achievements
Aside from his great performances, Alok Nath is a well-decorated actor. He has won several awards for outstanding performances in films and TV series. He received the ‘Special Jury Award’ at the National Film Awards for Best Supporting Actor in Gandhi (1982). Additionally, he has won the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, also known as the Akademi Award, given by the National Academy of Music, Dance, and Theatre Arts.
Alok Nath is considered a great talent in Indian cinema. His ability to deliver emotionally resonant and nuanced performances has earned him praise from colleagues, audiences, and critics alike. With his legendary career that has spanned several decades and a massive fan following, his legacy in Indian cinema seems set to continue for years to come.
Interesting Facts about Alok Nath
- Has a daughter and son named Shivang.
- Married Ashu Singh in 1987. She was a production assistant on the sets of Buniyad.
- Was engaged to actress Neena Gupta.
- Was engaged to actress Anita Kanwar in the 1980's.
- Starred in the telefilm Laailaj directed by T.D.Kumar. Starring Alok Nath,Rohini Hattangadi, Rakesh Pandey. This was in 1988.
- Elder sister is actress.Vineeta Maiik.
- Daughter named Junhai Nath.
- Starred in the shelved movie. Himang Films "Nirali" (1992). Starring Alok Nath,Beena Banerjee, Subbiraj,Dr Shreeram Lagoo,Music by Ranjit Gazmer, Produced and Directed by C ,Narayanan,Dilip Naik.
- Starred in the shelved movie Showbiz Cine P.LTD's "Tiger"(1996). Starring Lance Vaughn,Dipshy,Asif Sheikh,Akruti,Alok Nath, Raza Murad,Shoaib Khan, Music by Viju Sha,Directed by Tony.
- Starred in the shelved movie Nisha Productions Haseena No.1(1999) Starring Madhuri Kale, Rajeev Raaj, Pramod Moutho,Deepak Shirke,Harish Patel, Yunez Parvez, Ali Khan, Alok Nath,Music by Tapas-Babun,Directed by S.V.Verma.
- Starred in the shelved movie Smt. Kamladevi Productions "Mere Naina Sawaan Bhadon"(1992) Starring Raj Gaurav, Naina, Alok Nath,Goga Kapoor, Music by Sawan Lata, Directed by R.K. Khanna.
- Starred in the shelved movie Sukoon Films Internationals "Hum Hain Ziddi "(1993) Starring Farhad Khan, Apsara,Vishal,Bindu,Alok Nath, Mohan Joshi, Music by Bappi Lahiri, Directed by M.M. Anand.
- Starred in the shelved movie Menon Ents "Tere Subah Tere Shaam"(1993) Starring Neeraj, Kanchan, Alok Nath,Rishabh Shukla, Reema Lagoo,Ajit Vachani, Annu Kapoor, Music Anand Milind,Directed by Dilip Bose.
- Starred in the shelved movie Vikram Productions "Maa Tu Kahan"(1990) Starring Vijay Sapru, Leena Nair,Alok Nath,Anjana Mumtaz, Music by Usha Khanna, Directed by Dilip Bose.
- Starred in the shelved movie Kala Mandir Films "Teri Chahat Mein"(1992) Starring Alok Nath,Brijesh Sinha,Kanchan Rawal,Manmouji, Music by Vakil Baboo,Directed by Indresh Sonkar.
- Starred in the shelved movie Swaroop Pictures "Adalat Ke Bahar"(1992) Starring Anil Kochar, Amita Nangia,Alok Nath, Music by Dilip Dutta, Directed by Jitendra Johri.
- Starred in the shelved movie Kadambini Films "Kaal Bhairav"(1989) Starring Kadambini,Alok Nath,Raja Bundela,Tinnu Anand,Madan Jain,Bharati Achrekar,Girja Shankar,Music by Ravindra Jain, Produced by.