Basic Information About Amber Heard
|Full Name||Amber Heard|
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1986-04-22 (37 years old)|
|Place of birth||Austin|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Education||Michael's Catholic Academy|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Often plays sexualized teenagers (Friday Night Lights (2004), Alpha Dog (2006), Hidden Palms (2007), Never Back Down (2008) and All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (2006)).|
|Spouse||Johnny Depp - (3 February 2015 - 13 January 2017) (divorced)|
|Kids||1 surrogacy baby|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ Imdb|
What Movie Awards did Amber Heard win?
Amber Heard roles
Amber Heard's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|The Adderall Diaries (2015)||$416,667|
Amber Heard's Quotes
- I've worked really hard to bring something more to "pretty girl" roles over the years. I consider it a challenge.
- [on transitioning from modeling to acting] My father persuaded me to take classes, and my first agent in Austin paid for them. I'd always wanted to be an actress. I did it in high school and fell in love with it, but I was distracted by the modeling industry because I wanted to travel and get out of my hometown. It was the easier ticket.
- [on supposedly "coming out"] First of all, to say I came out implies that I was once in. Let me be straight about that--no pun intended. I never came out from anywhere . . . It didn't really affect anything in my career. I don't think the producers and directors I've worked with care one way or another . . . I don't want to be labeled as one thing or another. In the past I've had successful relationships with men, and now I'm in this successful relationship with a woman. When it comes to love I am totally open. I don't want to be put into a category, as in "I'm this" or "I'm that".
- [on her The Rum Diary (2011) character] I liked the juxtaposition--I liked that she looks like this archetype of a leading lady, this 1950s housewife-in-the-making, the kind of iconic symbol of a woman at that time, this commodity or something that represents the elite status or rather, what the elite status strives to obtain in life or what they value in life and she kind of looks like that, superficially and represents all these things very well on the surface but yet is not that underneath--she's flawed and kind of vulnerable and fiercely independent and rebellious and I relate to a lot of those qualities and like that she's not what she looks like.
- I've had amazing, successful relationships with men, and now I have an amazing, successful relationship with a woman, and the bottom line is I love who I love.
Who is Amber Heard?
Amber Heard is an American actress and model, who had an estimated net worth of $500 thousand as of early 2022. Heard made her film debut in ‘Friday Night Lights’ in 2004. She’s been known for starring in blockbuster films such as “Aquaman,” “Zombieland: Double Tap,” and the indie drama “The Danish Girl,” and much more. In addition to her work in Hollywood, Amber Heard is known for her advocacy work, especially for the LGBTQ+ community.
Early Life & Education
Amber Laura Heard was born on April 22, 1986, in Austin, Texas, to Patricia Paige and David Clinton Heard. Amber has a younger sister named Whitney whom she grew up with. During her childhood, Amber enjoyed sports and played basketball during her high school years. Eventually, Amber’s parents divorced, and she dropped out of school and earned a high school diploma through a home-schooling regimen.
Heard moved to California in search of acting jobs, and she found success quite quickly: she started working in commercials, music videos, and eventually received bit parts in TV shows like CW’s “The O.C.” Gradually she shifted into film acting, appearing in small roles before landing a bigger part in the movie “Alpha Dog” in 2006 alongside Justin Timberlake. In 2008, she secured a role in the comedy “Pineapple Express” with James Franco; critics lauded her performance.
Johnny Depp Divorce
Heard’s most highly publicized relationship began when she met Johnny Depp while filming The Rum Diary in 2009. The couple came out publicly with their relationship in April 2012 after Depp separated from his girlfriend of 14 years, Vanessa Paradis. Heard and Depp broke up in May 2016, and later that month Heard filed to divorce Depp and requested a restraining order against him. The couple went through a tumultuous divorce process, with each side alleging abuse and extramarital affairs. The divorce was finalized in 2017 with Heard receiving $7 million in settlement, which she revealed to donate to two different charities.
After the divorce, Amber Heard alleged that Johnny Depp physically and verbally abused her throughout their relationship. In March 2019, Heard wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post claiming she had suffered abuse but not explicitly naming Depp. In response, Depp filed a $50 million defamation lawsuit against her, claiming the allegations were fabricated. Then, Amber filed a $100 million counter-lawsuit from comments made by Depp’s legal team.
In June 2022, a jury in Virginia mostly sided with Johnny Depp and ordered Amber Heard to pay him $15 million in damages. The same jury ordered Depp to pay Heard $2 million. In the midst of the trial, it was announced that the legal fees are being paid for by Amber’s homeowners insurance.
- In 2009, Amber was nominated in “Best Breakthrough Performance Female” category by the Young Hollywood Awards for the movie ‘Pineapple Express.’
- In 2011, she won the Spotlight award at Hollywood Film Festival.
- In 2018, she was honored at the Texas Film Awards by Austin Film Society for her work in the movie “Close Encounters of the Third Kind”.
Amber Heard purchased her LA home in 2016 following her divorce from Depp for $5.5 million in cash. Johnny Depp countersued her for $50 million, claiming she violated their divorce settlement by implying that she had donated the full $7 million settlement to charity, while Depp, among other alleged deductions, had to pay “them directly” $100,000 going to a women’s shelter and $500,000 to the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. She had purchased this five-bedroom home from prominent LGBT and civil rights activist Cynthia Nixon.
Amber Heard has gained success over the years through her hard work and extreme dedication. After fighting a legal battle with her former spouse, the highly publicized court case has earned her an infamous reputation that has somewhat tarnished her reputation. In her personal life, Heard works as an activist for a broad range of causes and has been outspoken on various social justice issues. She is an inspiration not only to her acting community but also to the rest of us for working for something larger than ourselves.
As of 2022, Amber’s net worth has taken a hit due to her ongoing legal battle with ex-husband Johnny Depp. We look forward with anticipation to see what new achievements and projects Amber will be putting forward in the coming years.
Interesting Facts about Amber Heard
- Has been named one of the most beautiful rising stars by Jane Magazine, shared with Kellan Rhude.
- Ranked #21 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2008 list.
- Father David C. Heard is a successful commercial contractor in Austin, Texas, and mother Paige Heard is an internet researcher.
- Has two sisters.
- Has a golden teacup Yorkie dog named Pistol, who was featured alongside Heard for Teen Vogue's "Young Hollywood" issue in October 2009.
- Ranked #13 on Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2010 list.
- In December 2010 she "came out" to the crowd at the 25th anniversary celebration for GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation). She also told the website www.afterellen.com that for several years, her romantic partner has been photographer Tasya van Ree. They have since split up.
- Dropped out of school at the age of 17, to go to New York to start a career in modeling, she then relocated to Los Angeles to get into acting.
- At the age of 16, her best friend died in a car crash and Heard, who was raised Catholic, subsequently declared herself an atheist, due to the influence of the works of Ayn Rand and George Orwell.
- Ranked #34 in the 2011 FHM list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
- Ranked #25 in the 2010 FHM UK list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
- Voted #35 on Ask men's top 99 'most desirable' women of 2012.
- She has Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), English, Irish, German, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry.
- In a relationship with Johnny Depp. 
- Engaged to Johnny Depp [January 17, 2014].
- Charged with two counts of dog smuggling after illegally bringing her and Johnny Depp's dogs to Australia. For the same journey to Australia, she was charged with producing a false document relating to information on an incoming passenger card. [July 2015]
- Inducted into the Texas Film of Fame on March 6,2014 in Austin, Texas.
- Sister of Whitney Heard.
- Was a contender for the role of Mystique in X: First Class (2011).
- Filed for divorce from Johnny Depp on 25th May, 2016. The following day, Heard was granted a temporary domestic violence restraining order against Depp in relation to a physical altercation between the couple. However all domestic violence claims were later dropped with prejudice meaning it can never be refiled in a court of law.