Basic Information About Anjelica Huston
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Model, Voice Actor, Film director, Film Producer|
|Date of birth||1951-07-08 (72 years old)|
|Place of birth||Santa Monica|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Robert Graham - (23 May 1992 - 27 December 2008) (his death)|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Anjelica Huston win?
Anjelica Huston awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical||Nominee||The Addams Family||1992|
|BSFC Award - Best Ensemble Cast||Nominee||The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou||2004|
|Critics Choice Award - Best Acting Ensemble||Nominee||The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou||2005|
|Saturn Award - Best Actress||Nominee||The Witches||1991|
|BSFC Award - Best Actress||Winner||The Witches||1991|
|LAFCA Award - Best Actress||Winner||The Witches||1990|
|NSFC Award - Best Actress||Winner||The Witches||1991|
|American Comedy Award - Funniest Actress in a Motion Picture (Leading Role)||Nominee||Addams Family Values||1994|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical||Nominee||Addams Family Values||1994|
|Oscar - Best Actress in a Leading Role||Nominee||The Grifters||1991|
|BSFC Award - Best Actress||Winner||The Grifters||1991|
|CFCA Award - Best Actress||Nominee||The Grifters||1991|
|DFWFCA Award - Best Actress||Nominee||The Grifters||1991|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama||Nominee||The Grifters||1991|
|LAFCA Award - Best Actress||Winner||The Grifters||1990|
|NSFC Award - Best Actress||Winner||The Grifters||1991|
|NYFCC Award - Best Actress||Nominee||The Grifters||1990|
|Special Jury Prize - Dramatic||Winner||Choke||2008|
|Oscar - Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Winner||Prizzi's Honor||1986|
|KCFCC Award - Best Supporting Actress||Winner||Prizzi's Honor||1985|
|LAFCA Award - Best Supporting Actress||Winner||Prizzi's Honor||1985|
|NBR Award - Best Supporting Actress||Winner||Prizzi's Honor||1985|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role||Nominee||The Crossing Guard||1996|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture||Nominee||The Crossing Guard||1996|
|BAFTA Film Award - Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Nominee||Manhattan Murder Mystery||1995|
|Golden Camera -||Nominee||Bastard Out of Carolina||1996|
|DGA Award - Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Dramatic Specials||Nominee||Bastard Out of Carolina||1997|
|Certificate of Merit - Television - Drama-Television Feature||Winner||Bastard Out of Carolina||1997|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series||Nominee||Medium||2008|
|Gracie - Outstanding Female Actor in a Supporting Role in a Drama Series||Winner||Smash||2013|
Anjelica Huston roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum||The Director|
|The Addams Family||Morticia Addams|
|Addams Family Values||Morticia Addams|
|This Is Spinal Tap||Polly Deutsch (as Angelica Huston)|
|The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou||Eleanor Zissou|
|The Royal Tenenbaums||Etheline Tenenbaum|
|The Darjeeling Limited||Patricia|
|The French Dispatch|
|Daddy Day Care||Mrs. Gwyneth Harridan|
|The Witches||Miss Ernst / Grand High Witch|
|One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest||Woman in Crowd on Pier (uncredited)|
|Isle of Dogs||Mute Poodle (voice)|
|Casino Royale||Agent Mimi's Hands (uncredited)|
|Buffalo '66||Jan Brown|
|The Big Year||Annie Auklet|
|The Player||Anjelica Huston|
|The Postman Always Rings Twice||Madge|
|When in Rome||Celeste|
|Blood Work||Dr. Bonnie Fox|
|The Ice Pirates||Maida|
|Seraphim Falls||Madame Louise|
|Crimes and Misdemeanors||Dolores Paley|
|The Grifters||Lilly Dillon|
|Choke||Ida J. Mancini|
|Prizzi's Honor||Maerose Prizzi|
|The Crossing Guard||Mary|
|Manhattan Murder Mystery||Marcia Fox|
|The Last Tycoon||Edna (as Angelica Huston)|
|Bastard Out of Carolina||Director|
|Waiting for Anya||Widow Horcada|
|Secret of the Wings||Queen Clarion (voice)|
|All Hail King Julien||Julienne 7 episodes, 2016-2017|
|Transparent||Vicki 7 episodes, 2015-2016|
|Saturday Night Live||Maerose Prizzi / ... 1 episode, 1986|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2005-2006|
|Medium||Cynthia Keener 8 episodes, 2008-2009|
|BoJack Horseman||Angela Diaz 2 episodes, 2014-2020|
|The Talk||Self - Guest / ... 8 episodes, 2012-2019|
|The Late Late Show with James Corden||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2016-2019|
|Watch What Happens: Live||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2019|
|Faerie Tale Theatre||Marguerite / ... 2 episodes, 1983-1984|
|Smash||Eileen Rand 32 episodes, 2012-2013|
|Trollhunters||Queen Usurna 15 episodes, 2016-2018|
|CBS News Sunday Morning||Self - Guest / ... 2 episodes, 2013-2014|
|The Daily Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2002|
|Laverne & Shirley||Geraldine / ... 2 episodes, 1982-1983|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2012|
Anjelica Huston's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|Prizzi's Honor (1985)||$14,000|
|The Addams Family (1991)||$1,000,000|
|Buffalo '66 (1998)||$300,000|
Anjelica Huston's Quotes
- There were many times when my father [John Huston] and I didn't agree, but we always became close again because I tended not to stand up to him for long. I seem to have been drawn to dominating men, like my father and Jack [Jack Nicholson].
- Age is not enviable in America. It's not applauded all that strongly. You have to take it all with a grain of salt.
- I have a very full life and I am very happy with where I am now. I don't want to change anything. I once wanted to have children and it was not my choice not to have children but it hasn't broken my heart that I haven't. I think unless you're truly, wholeheartedly prepared to make a full-time commitment, you have to really think about it. I certainly wouldn't adopt children just because everybody in show business seems to be doing it.
- I like to dance. I probably would have been a dancer. I love music, it's good for the soul and dancing is good for people. I dance on my own, I go to classes, I have that sort of energy. I need to dance. People only need to dance to make them feel happy.What do I think of the Yankees? I'm sorry, I don't follow football.
- I can't help feeling the world is on this terrible roller coaster where nobody can get it up since the atom bomb.
Net Worth Details – Anjelica Huston: Talented Actress, Director, Producer, and Author
Anjelica Huston is an actress with a high level of versatility in the American entertainment industry. She currently has a net worth of $60 million, according to celebritynetworth.com. Her wealth comes from her extensive and successful acting career, as well as her directorial, producing, and writing accomplishments.
What Is Anjelica Huston Known For?
Anjelica Huston is known for being a triple threat in the entertainment industry and has worked in various fields. She is a highly acclaimed actress, talented writer, successful producer as well as a director who has successfully managed to convey some incredible stories through her films. Along with this, she also has a keen interest in writing and has published her captivating memoirs.
Early Life and Education
Anjelica Huston came into this world in Santa Monica, California to John Huston and Enrica Soma. Her father was a directer, actor and playwriter for acclaimed movies like “Moby Dick”. At the age of two, she and her family shifted to Ireland where she attended school at Kylemore Abbey. Later, she also progressed to Holland Park School in London. Her graduation helped her dual citizenship rights for both the USA and Ireland.
At the turn of the 197s decade, Anjelica started a modeling career that took her throughout Europe, but Hollywood was where she consistently made an impact. Her small uncredited roles developed and grew as she went on to appear in various films and TV shows, such as: snarling criminal Maerose Prizzi, for which she won that Oscar, Western hero Jeff Bridges’ jilted girlfriend in “The Last Picture Show,” charmer Jackie O. in “The Cat’s Meow”; Amazon queen Titania in “The Mists of Avalon.”
Huston has consistently been called one of Hollywood’s ultimate cinematic amazons. Steadily proving it as an actress who can jump from sensitive portrayal (as Gene Hackman’s conscience-chiding girlfriend in ”The Grifters,” for which she received an Oscar nomination) to gonzo camp (her darkly dynamic Morticia in ”The Addams Family” films brought her a Golden Globe).
Anjelica Huston had a long-term relationship with Jack Nicholson which lasted for 17 years before they broke up in 199. After Nicholson, she started dating the sculptor Robert Graham. They spent 18 years together before his death in 2008. Anjelica never married or had children throughout her life.
Awards and Nominations
Anjelica Huston’s remarkable contributions to cinema have landed her multiple nominations and accolades to her name. Here are a few of her awards and nominations:
- Academy Award Winner for Best Supporting Actress for ‘Prizzi’s Honor’ (1986)
- Golden Globe Award Winner for Morticia Addams in both ‘The Addams Family’ (1991) and ‘Addams Family Values’ (1993)
- BAFTA Awards – Winner Best Supporting Actress, ‘Prizzi’s Honor’
- 2008 International Emmy Awards – Best Performance by an Actor – Anjelica Huston for ‘Medium’
Bronwyn Dunne has been home to this legendary actress where she turned out to be a good home-maker despite her packed schedules. According to the Los Angeles Times, she purchased 4,347 square feet of accommodation space in Venice for $11.75 million.
Anjelica Huston has contributed to the entertainment industry not only as an actress but also as a director, writer, and producer for magnanimous films. Her skills and contributions have left a permanent mark on Hollywood history, paving the way for aspiring women who want to establish themselves within the creative industry. Her net worth’s substantiality signifies her accomplishments and success stories over the past few decades, and she continues to leave a remarkable trace in the film industry year after year.
Interesting Facts about Anjelica Huston
- Cat lover -- during an appearance on The Rosie O'Donnell Show (1996), she divulged that she has eight outdoor cats and three indoor cats at her Venice, California home.
- Offered the role of Annie Wilkes in the horror film Misery (1990) but turned it down because she was committed to the role of Lilly Dillon in The Grifters (1990). The role went to Kathy Bates. In 2013, Huston described the Lilly Dillon as the most challenging role of her career. The performance ranked #84 on Premiere magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- In Blood Work (2002), she works with Clint Eastwood. In White Hunter Black Heart (1990), Eastwood plays a movie director based on her father, John Huston, in a story about his experiences making The African Queen (1951).
- In 1992, married famous sculptor Robert Graham. Warren Beatty and Annette Bening, Meryl Streep, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Joe Pesci, Carrie Fisher, Lauren Hutton, Harry Dean Stanton, Lauren Bacall, Carol Kane, Michelle Phillips, Mick Jagger and Penny Marshall attended their wedding. The wedding party included Jerry Hall and Joan Juliet Buck. Graham died in 2008. Sharon Stone and Harrison Ford attended the funeral.
- Member of the jury at Cannes Film Festival. 
- President of the International Jury at San Sebastian Film Festival (2005). Other members of the jury were actress Verónica Forqué, actor Enrico Lo Verso, directors Lone Scherfig and Claude Miller, production designer Dean Tavoularis, and writer Antonio Skármeta. 
- Her father, John Huston, directed The African Queen (1951) with Katharine Hepburn and played Gandalf in The Return of the King (1980). Anjelica herself later worked with her father's successor, Ian McKellen, in And the Band Played On (1993) and with Cate Blanchett, who appeared in the trilogy, as well as playing Hepburn in The Aviator (2004), in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004). Also appearing in The Aviator (2004) was her brother, Danny Huston.
- Third generation of Oscar winners in the her family, after her father, Walter Huston, and her grandfather, John Huston.
- Member of the jury at the Venice Film Festival. 
- Listed as a potential nominee on the Razzie Award nominating ballot for Worst Supporting Actress category for her performance in Material Girls (2006). She did not receive the nomination. 
- Contended with Cher for roles in films. Huston auditioned for the role of Alexandra Medford in The Witches of Eastwick (1987) but Cher won the part, and Huston was chosen over Cher for the roles of the Grand High Witch in The Witches (1990) and Morticia Addams in The Addams Family (1991).
- Named one of Barbara Walters' Ten Most Fascinating People. 
- Born while her father was in Africa shooting The African Queen (1951).
- Third generation in her family to receive the star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, after her father, John Huston and grandfather, Walter Huston. [January 2010]
- Named after her biological maternal grandmother Angelica Soma, who died when Anjelica's mother Ricki was a child.
- Her parents separated in the early 1960s and had children by other people: Danny Huston, her father's son with Zoe Sallis; and Allegra Huston, her mother's daughter with John Julius Norwich. Despite this, they never divorced.
- (March 25, 1991) Presented Myrna Loy with her honorary Oscar at the 63rd Academy Awards ceremony.
- (March 24, 1986) 31st actress to receive the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. She won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Prizzi's Honor (1985) at The 58th Annual Academy Awards (1986). Marsha Mason and Richard Dreyfuss presented her with the Oscar. After her speech, she exited the stage back into the audience to be her father, seated in the middle of the center row, with tears down his cheeks. Tzetzi Ganev designed her Oscar dress, a green silk, in honor of her Irish upbringing.
- She appeared in five films directed by John Huston: Casino Royale (1967), A Walk with Love and Death (1969), Sinful Davey (1969), Prizzi's Honor (1985) and The Dead (1987).
- Appeared in Lonesome Dove (1989) as Clara. Two other actresses have played that character in her younger years: Jennifer Garner and Linda Cardellini. All three of them, however, have a connection to the role of the Joker from Batman. Huston had a long-term relationship with Jack Nicholson, who played the role in Batman (1989). Garner was married to Ben Affleck, and had appeared in Dallas Buyers Club (2013) with Jared Leto. Cardelini appeared in Brokeback Mountain (2005) with Heath Ledger.