Basic Information About Beau Bridges
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Film director, Television Director, Film Producer, Television producer|
|Date of birth||1941-12-09 (81 years old)|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Spouse||Wendy Treece - (10 April 1984 - present) (3 children)|
Julie Bridges - (6 June 1964 - 12 March 1984) (divorced) (2 children)
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Beau Bridges win?
Beau Bridges awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Nominee||One Night in Miami||2021|
|Gold Derby TV Award - Comedy Guest Actor||Winner||Desperate Housewives||2009|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||The Outer Limits||1995|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Brothers & Sisters||2011|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Guest Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Brothers & Sisters||2011|
Beau Bridges roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Max Payne||BB Hensley|
|One Night in Miami||Mr. Carlton|
|The Descendants||Cousin Hugh|
|Jerry Maguire||Matt Cushman (uncredited)|
|Charlotte's Web||Dr. Dorian|
|The Mountain Between Us||Walter|
|Kokuriko-zaka kara||Chairman Tokumaru (voice)|
|Kaguyahime no monogatari||Prince Kuramochi (voice)|
|The Wizard||Sam Woods|
|The Fabulous Baker Boys||Frank Baker|
|Hit and Run||Clint Perrkins|
|The Ballad of Jack and Rose||Marty Rance|
|The Hotel New Hampshire||Father|
|Platform||1 episode, 2021|
|Will & Grace||Daniel McFarland 2 episodes, 2001|
|Mr. Mayor||Adolphus Hass 1 episode, 2021|
|Everwood||Daniel Sullivan 1 episode, 2003|
|Messiah||Edmund DeGuilles 5 episodes, 2020|
|12 O'Clock High||Cpl. Steven Corbett 1 episode, 1965|
|Stargate: Atlantis||Maj. Gen. Hank Landry / ... 5 episodes, 2005-2006|
|Black-ish||Paul Johnson / ... 3 episodes, 2015-2018|
|White Collar||Agent Kramer 3 episodes, 2011-2012|
|Tales from the Crypt||Dr. Martin Fairbanks 1 episode, 1991|
|The Millers||Tom Miller 34 episodes, 2013-2015|
|The Fugitive||Gary Keller / ... 2 episodes, 1966-1967|
|Saturday Night Live||Self - Co-Host / ... 1 episode, 1983|
|Desperate Housewives||Eli Scruggs 1 episode, 2009|
|Masters of Sex||Dr. Barton Scully 21 episodes, 2013-2016|
|My Three Sons||Russ Burton / ... 5 episodes, 1960-1964|
|Voyage of the Unicorn||Alan Aisling unknown episodes|
|Mr. Novak||Frank Stoller / ... 3 episodes, 1963-1965|
|My Name Is Earl||Carl Hickey 7 episodes, 2005-2008|
|Franklin & Bash||Leonard Franklin 3 episodes, 2011-2012|
|The Talk||Self - Guest 3 episodes, 2013-2014|
|Dr. Kildare||Bob Colby 1 episode, 1964|
|Robbie||Robbie Walton Sr. 8 episodes, 2020|
|Stargate SG-1||Major General Hank Landry / ... 40 episodes, 2005-2007|
|Code Black||Pete Delaney 1 episode, 2016|
|The F.B.I.||Jerry Foley 1 episode, 1965|
|The Outer Limits||Dr. Simon Kress 3 episodes, 1995-2000|
|Amazing Stories||Theodore 'Teddy' Shearing 1 episode, 1985|
|The Daily Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2002|
|Brothers & Sisters||Nick Brody 5 episodes, 2011|
|The Coldest Case||Dan Harney (2021)|
|Bubble Guppies||Mr. Claws 1 episode, 2014|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self - Guest 1 episode, 1992|
Beau Bridges's Quotes
- And when I've been away from my family and friends, I have felt good hearing some of those old songs.
- And then I got into sports and gave my guitar to my brother Jeff who was just a little kid at that time.
- And I like music, too, I like playing music.
- As an actor, I travel around a lot and live in a lot of hotels, and many times I've been in a town where the only entertainment to be had is what you find in the hotel bar or lobby.
- My father was my teacher. But most importantly he was a great dad.
The Talented Beau Bridges
Beau Bridges is an American actor and director who has enjoyed an illustrious career. Born in Los Angeles, California, on December 9, 1941, as Lloyd Vernet Bridges III, he is the son of famous actor Lloyd Bridges and actress Dorothy Bridges. He counts Hollywood legends such as his younger brother Jeff Bridges and Robbert Downey Jr. among his friends.
What is Beau Bridges Known For?
Beau has had a successful career spanning over sixty years, starting as a child star. His big break came in the late 196s with Norma Rae, after which he appeared in classics like ‘The Fabulous Baker Boys’, ‘Voyage of the Unicorn,’ and ‘Jerry Maguire.’ On television, he is most famous for his role as Detective Lieutenant Tom Hobbes on ‘The Millenium’ and portraying Uncle Benjamin on ‘The Christmas Secret.’
Early Life and Education
Beau had an early start in the movies, working as a child with his father and brother Jeff in several TV shows featuring Lloyd Bridges like Sea Hunt. A talented athlete, he played basketball at the University of California, Los Angeles before moving to Hawaii to join the basketball team there.
During his twenties, he stepped back from showbiz to focus on other endeavors while serving with the Coast Guard reserve for eight years in the 196s. Getting involved back into the industry in the early 197s, he continued to pick great acting roles. His impressive career has seen him star in over sixty films and numerous TV series like ‘Stargate: SG-1’, ‘Brothers & Sisters’, and ‘Homeland’. His recent popular outing on television includes a recurring role as Buzz Hickey on NBC’s ‘Community.’ He has been nominated for fourteen Emmy Awards and has won three.
Net Worth Details
Beau Bridges is worth $16 million, as per the CelebrityNetWorth reports.
Throughout his career, Beau has established himself as one of Hollywood’s most talented actors. His role in ‘The Bunker’ earned him several accolades, including a nomination for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Television Movie. Beau received further recognition for his beautiful performance in ‘The Positively True Adventures of the Alleged Texas Cheerleader-Murdering Mom’ (1993), which won the Golden Globe Award for Best Miniseries or Television Film.
Beau Bridges has also invested in real estate over the years. You briefly learned about one of his homes that he sold in Hidden Hills. Additionally, he has been enjoying the perks of owning a 6.25-acre property on the Hawaiian island of Kauai since 1997. With stunning landscapes and views, Kauai is undoubtedly a dream destination, and Beau is fortunate to own such prime property there.
Family Malibu Mansion
Beau Bridges’ family also owns property in Malibu, California, where they have a rental home worth millions of dollars. Considering their renowned status in Hollywood, I would imagine this seaside home being coveted by many top personalities in Beverly Hills and the surrounding area. Interestingly, the Malibu home comes with significant tax benefits that allow the siblings to pay only $5,700 annually, despite renting it out for thousands of dollars each month.
It’s not easy to follow your father and brother’s footsteps when they’re already big names in the film industry, but Beau Bridges did so effortlessly. His career in acting has spanned decades and produced many exceptional performances we are still talking about today. His real estate holdings only demonstrate the success and wealth he has garnered throughout his career. I look forward to seeing his continued contributions on TV and in film, both as an actor and director.
Interesting Facts about Beau Bridges
- Son of Lloyd Bridges and Dorothy Dean Bridges.
- Older brother of Jeff Bridges and Cindy Bridges.
- Father of Casey Bridges (adopted, born March 16, 1969) and Jordan Bridges (born November 13, 1973) with Julie Bridges and Dylan Bridges (born October 25, 1984), Emily Bridges (born July 2, 1986) and Jeffery Bridges (born September 24, 1993) with Wendy Treece.
- He, his father Lloyd Bridges and his son Dylan Bridges played three generations of the Kress family in The Outer Limits: Sandkings (1995).
- Especially active as president of the environmental group Ventura Coast Keeper in native California. Is pushing state to buy and preserve 265 acres of wetlands near Oxnard now sought by mammoth Occidental Petroleum Corporation.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7065 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on April 7, 2003. His star is located next to the stars of younger brother Jeff Bridges and father Lloyd Bridges.
- Another brother, Garrett Myles Bridges was born on June 14, 1948 but died of SIDS less than two months later on August 3, 1948.
- He was a very promising basketball player in his youth, and was scouted by quite several NBA teams.
- He was born one day before his Village of the Giants (1965) co-star Tommy Kirk.
- In 1959, he enlisted in the United States Coast Guard Reserve and served for eight years.
- Brother-in-law of Susan Bridges. Uncle of Isabelle Bridges, Jessica Lily Bridges and Haley Roselouise Bridges.
- Received the inaugural Betty Garrett Lifetime Achievement Award from Theatre West in Hollywood, California on September 13, 2012, during the theater company's 50th anniversary gala.
- He starred in two different television series for the 2013 television season with Margo Martindale: Masters of Sex (2013) and The Millers (2013).
- He has appeared in three films which were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture: : Norma Rae (1979), Jerry Maguire (1996) and The Descendants (2011).
- Has appeared with his father Lloyd Bridges in five films: Shimmering Light (1978), The Fifth Musketeer (1979), Alice in Wonderland (1985), The Wild Pair (1987) and Secret Sins of the Father (1994).
- Is the only actor to win the Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Special more than once, with two wins.
- Beau's father was from a family that had long lived in the United States (since the 1600s on many lines), and had English, and some Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), ancestry. Beau's maternal grandfather was an English immigrant (born in Liverpool, Lancashire, England), while Beau's maternal grandmother had Irish, Swiss-German, and German ancestry.
- Served in the U.S. Coast Guard, like his father Lloyd, and his younger brother, Jeff.