Basic Information About Bill Nunn
|Celebrities › Actors
|Date of birth
|1953-10-20 (70 years old)
|Place of birth
|United States of America
|Curiosities and Trademarks
|Frequently cast in Spike Lee films.
|24 September - Donna Anne Watts (? - 2016) (his death) (2 children)
|6 ft 4 in (1.94 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Bill Nunn win?
Bill Nunn roles
|Movie / Series
|Joseph 'Robbie' Robertson
|Joseph 'Robbie' Robertson
|Joseph 'Robbie' Robertson
|Do the Right Thing
|Kiss the Girls
|He Got Game
|New Jack City
|Duh Duh Duh Man
|The Last Seduction
|Loaded Weapon 1
|La leggenda del pianista sull'oceano
|Da Fella Grady
|Crash Train Motorman
|Bradley, Physical Therapist
|Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead
|Mo' Better Blues
|Bottom Hammer (Bass)
|Kitten's Bouncer (uncredited)
|Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh
|Leslie Etwood 1 episode, 2007
|Tony Maxwell 1 episode, 1995
|Cash 22 episodes, 2014-2015
|Lt. McCormick 1 episode, 1997
|Detective Barns 1 episode, 1998
|Fearless Jones 1 episode, 1995
Bill Nunn's Quotes
- The whole process of rehearsing a play involves so many creative and dramatic exercises, that this became my training. In fact, I still consider myself in training. Every time I work it's an educational process because I learn by watching other actors. My career is always going to be an on-going study.
- "Fortunately, I never had to do the waiter thing. When I got out of college, I immediately started to teach acting. One of the first jobs I had was in a federally-funded program where I taught drama to young people." - On his pre-acting employment.
- 'School Daze' was one of the highlights of my life because it was the first chance I had to act on screen. I would have been happy if that had been it, because I proved that I could do it.
- If you want to be an actor, you should just get out there and do it. I don't go for the approach of first getting photos and an agent. I think you should start with the work, and the other stuff will follow. As with opportunity knocks, you have to be ready.
Net Worth Details
Bill Nunn was a talented American actor who had a net worth of $1.5 million before his death. He managed to make this fortune through his incredible acting career, which made him a household name.
What is Bill Nunn known for?
Bill Nunn left his mark on the entertainment industry with his impressive acting skills in television, film, and theatre projects, for which he received critical acclaim. He became famous for his roles in movies like Spider-Man 3 and Do the Right Thing.
Early life and education
Bill Nunn was born on October 20, 1953, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to parents who already had a theater background. He completed his high school studies locally before proceeding to Morehouse College in Atlanta where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts.
Nunn originally wanted to become a writer and started his education as an English major. However, in 1976, following a heart-to-heart with movie legend and Morehouse alumnus, Spike Lee during that time, he turned his focus to acting. Interestingly, the two later became friends and went on to collaborate several times.
He began his professional acting career in the mid-198s. Perhaps the most consequential role he had was as Radio Raheem (alongside Spike Lee) in Do The Right Thing. The success brought him global recognition and movie directors aimed to work with him. His skillful portrayals earned him critical acclaim in theatre, film, and television projects through the late 80s till his demise.
- Mo’ Better Blues (199)
- Regarding Henry (1991)
- Sister Act (1992)
- Blood Brothers (1993)
- Dangerous Heart (1994)
- Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead (1995)
Nunn also appeared in many popular television series through the late ’80s till his last years of life. He featured in some episodes in shows such as the Canadian Drama TV series “Street Legal,” UK mini-series “Sirens,” “The Job,” and “Code Black.”
Bill Nunn passed on from the world on September 24, 2016, at the pinnacle of his career as one of the legendary figures in the entertainment industry.
Over the course of his long and audacious career, Bill Nunn achieved great recognition and admiration both from his peers and his fans, winning various awards for his outstanding performances, including an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in A Motion Picture for his work in Do The Right Thing. However, outside of critical acclaim and awards, his true success was how much of an impact he managed to make across the entertainment industry with his fiery performances, which are widely celebrated over a decade after his death.
Bill Nunn was an incredible actor that worked hard to cement his place in the entertainment industry. His performances will always remain a symbol of excellence and passion, and many actors continue to look up to him as a role model. Even outside of entertainment, Nunn is a reflection of excellent work ethics, lifelong curiosity, dedication, and drive that we can all learn from.
Interesting Facts about Bill Nunn
- Graduated from Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia in 1976.
- Did a artist-in-residence post with Spelman College in Georgia.
- Enrolled in Morehouse College as an English major. Nunn originally had his sights set on becoming a writer. Overtime he started gravitating towards acting and decided to focus on that as his future instead.
- Grew up in Pennsylvania.
- His father has worked for over 40 years as a scout for the Pittsburgh Steelers and he has 5 Super Bowl rings. He uncovered many players from traditionally black colleges, including Hall of Famers John Stallworth and Mel Blount.
- Only actor to do a television series with both David Keith and Keith David. And loving it!
- Friends with Spike Lee.