Basic Information About Butch Patrick
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1953-08-02 (70 years old)|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Mostly known for his role as Eddie Munster in The Munsters 1964|
|Spouse||10 September - Leila Murray ( 2016 - present)|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Butch Patrick win?
Butch Patrick roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star||Butch Patrick (as Butch Patrick-Lilly)|
|The Simpsons||Self 2 episodes, 1999-2000|
|The Munsters||Eddie Munster 71 episodes, 1964-1966|
|My Three Sons||Gordon Dearing / ... 9 episodes, 1962-1971|
|Marcus Welby, M.D.||Sailor Ballinger 1 episode, 1969|
|Family Affair||Frankie 1 episode, 1968|
|I Dream of Jeannie||Richard 1 episode, 1966-1967|
|Adam-12||Paul Foster / ... 2 episodes, 1969-1970|
|Ben Casey||1 episode, 1962|
Butch Patrick's Quotes
- I straightened my own life out in my own time. Maybe I should have gone to rehab, but I didn't. A little man inside me said it was time to get my life in order.
- [on making $600 a week at Universal Studios] They put makeup on me, and that was the character. I used the back lot as my private little entertainment center.
- [on working on the Donna Douglas project] Believe it or not. I've had a hard time developing financing.
- Most of my memories weren't really while filming, but running around the back lot, going to the laboratory, where they were making all of the monsters for the other movies, in the makeup department, and the special effects department. That's what I enjoyed.
- [on Yvonne De Carlo, who was the last-minute replacement to play Lily Munster] I have to interject something here. I never really thought about this, but can you imagine the difference of The Munsters (1964) opening clip with Fred Gwynne as "Herman Munster" and then Joan Marshall as "Phoebe"? It doesn't have the same impact as Yvonne De Carlo as "Lily". I mean, they really got a good punch with Yvonne De Carlo. I was just sort of substituting for the other kid and I did a pretty good job, but I think that the real slip in the last-minute crew was getting Yvonne De Carlo, major screen star, to play television.
Butch Patrick – Diving into the Life of Eddie Munster
Butch Patrick, the former child actor, who played the role of Eddie Munster in the famous TV series ‘The Munsters,’ has a net worth of $250 thousand. Let’s dive into Patrick’s life to learn more about his journey as a child actor to a mature adult.
What is Butch Patrick Known For?
Butch Patrick is recognized for his role as Eddie Munster in the TV series ‘The Munsters.’ This TV series was critically acclaimed and praised by audiences from all age groups. Patrick’s character portrayed a young boy in a classic ‘Universal Monsters’ ambiance.
Early life and Education
Patrick was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. He had a deep love for acting from an early age, which led him to perform in multiple Hollywood productions. Unfortunately, Patrick’s parents went through a divorce, which made his childhood very challenging and had an impact on his early career life.
Patrick started his acting journey in 1961 with the TV series ‘The Detectives’ and the movie ‘The Two Little Bears.’ In 1963, he starred in the TV series ‘The Real McCoys’ as Greg. His talent and passion led him to star in various other significant shows such as ‘My Three Sons,’ where he played Gordon Dearing from 1962 to 1971. In 1971, he appeared as Mark in the TV series ‘Lidsville.’
However, the most prominent and significant role of Patrick’s acting career was that of Eddie Munster in the TV series ‘The Munsters.’ Patrick showcased his excellent acting skills between 1964 and 1966 in one of the most admired TV shows of all time. His natural acting abilities and portrayal of a child defending his strange-looking family were loved by all.
Throughout his career, Patrick also starred in several movies such as ‘Young Blood: Evil Intentions,’ ‘Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star,’ ‘Zombie Dream,’ and many more.
Butch Patrick’s personal life has been a roller-coaster journey with multiple ups and downs. In 201, it was revealed that he would be married to Munsters fan Donna McCall. Unfortunately, the marriage didn’t work out, leading to Patrick’s entry into a drug rehabilitation facility. Later in 2011, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Patrick has won the hearts of many through his role in ‘The Munsters’ and will always have a special place as an iconic child actor. His passion for acting fuelled him to work on several successful Hollywood productions throughout the years.
- The Munsters – TV Series
- Young Blood: Evil Intentions – Movie
- Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star- Movie
Butch Patrick entertained millions of Americans with his outstanding performances throughout the years. Even after being diagnosed with health issues and going through various personal challenges, he still managed to pursue his passion for acting.
Today, Butch Patrick continues to be remembered as Eddie Munster – a role that made us laugh, cry and cheer on this young man who stood by his family no matter what.
Interesting Facts about Butch Patrick
- His stepfather is former pro baseball player Ken Hunt. Has a half-sister named Kerry Lynn Sprick (formerly Kerry Lynn Hunt).
- Formed a band called "Eddie and the Monsters" in 1983 and got a mild hit off the novelty song "What Ever Happened to Eddie?" The video got some airplay and was the instigator for MTV's "The BasementTapes," which was a showcase for unsigned bands.
- Once played himself on an episode of The Simpsons (1989).
- Usually booked solid for Halloween parties and events due to his association with The Munsters (1964).
- Ranked #45 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- On Aug. 4-5, 2007, he attended the Twilight Zone Convention at the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ.
- Best known by the public for his role as Eddie Munster on The Munsters (1964).
- On Nov. 24, 2010, he suffered a near-fatal drug overdose days after walking out of a rehabilitation center in New Jersey. He had checked in to overcome his cocaine addiction and recover from the break-up with his fiancée, Donna McCall, a former NFL cheerleader.
- His acting mentors were the late Yvonne De Carlo and the late Charles Nelson Reilly.
- As of May 2004 he was co-hosting "Macabre Theatre". www.macabretheatre.com.
- He completed a biography with writer Helen Darras. The book, which details his first 25 years in Hollywood (published in early 2008), is titled "Eddie Munster AKA Butch Patrick".
- As of May 2004 was living in Gardena, CA. He owns a promotions company and appears at nostalgia conventions.
- Revealed that he had a wonderful relationship with Yvonne De Carlo on The Munsters (1964).
- Footage of him from The Munsters (1964) is shown in Primary Colors (1998) as John Travolta's character channel-surfs and complains about the poor television reception in their motel room.
- As an unfamiliar actor, he had been mentored in the business by actress/dancer Yvonne DeCarlo. His first television exposure with DeCarlo was a co-starring role opposite her in The Munsters (1964) series. Patrick played DeCarlo's son, Eddie Munster, for all the 71 episodes.