Basic Information About Carmelo Anthony
|Full Name||Carmelo Anthony|
|Category||Athletes › NBA Players|
|Professions||Basketball player, Television producer, Actor, Athlete|
|Date of birth||1984-05-29 (39 years old)|
|Place of birth||Red Hook|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Education||Oak Hill Academy, Syracuse University|
|Siblings||(Four) Wilford Anthony, Daphne Anthony, Robert Anthony, and Michelle Anthony|
|Spouse||La La Anthony - (10 July 2010 - present) (1 child)|
|Kids||(One) Kiyan Carmelo Anthony|
|Height||6 ft 7 in (2.03 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Carmelo Anthony win?
Carmelo Anthony roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows||Carmelo Anthony|
|Sons of Anarchy||Cartwright Soldier 1 episode, 2014|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Self 1 episode, 2011|
|Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Self 1 episode, 2011|
|Sesame Street||Self 1 episode, 2011|
|Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide||Self 1 episode, 2006|
|Saturday Night Live||Carmela St. Knix / ... (uncredited) unknown episodes|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self 1 episode, 2016|
|The Daily Show||Self 1 episode, 2016|
|Nurse Jackie||Wayne 2 episodes, 2012|
|Wheel of Fortune||Self - Celebrity Contestant 1 episode, 2005|
|Conan||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2011|
|Punk'd||Self 1 episode, 2004|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||Self 2 episodes, 2011-2013|
Carmelo Anthony's Quotes
- I know I'm not a selfish player. People around me know I'm not a selfish player. I do everything I can to make people around me understand I'm not a selfish player.
- What I do will be straight up. Management knows that.
- At the end of the day, you want to be always the one that's one step ahead of everybody, and when it comes to hip-hop, culture and art, you want to be that signature guy.
- I think everybody has their own unique style.
- Man, I'm not trying to be important; I just go out and play.
Carmelo Anthony: The Basketball Superstar’s Journey to Success
Carmelo Anthony, the Brooklyn-born professional basketball player, has become a household name in the sports industry. With a net worth of $160 million dollars, Carmelo Anthony has made his mark both on and off the court. Known for his exceptional talent and incredible achievements, he has left a lasting impact on the game of basketball.
Early Life and Education
Carmelo Anthony was born on May 29, 1984, in Red Hook, New York. His early life was marked by tragedy when his mother, Mary Anthony, passed away from cancer when he was just two years old. Despite the hardships, Carmelo’s father moved the family to Baltimore where he raised Carmelo and his siblings in a rough neighborhood.
For Carmelo, sports became an outlet and a way to escape from the violence and drug dealing that surrounded him. He attended Towson Catholic School for high school and quickly became one of the top basketball players in the area. In fact, he was named The Baltimore Sun’s metro player of the year.
His talent did not go unnoticed, and he received numerous college scholarship offers. Eventually, Carmelo chose to attend Syracuse University for one year before making the decision to turn professional and enter the NBA draft.
Pro Basketball Career
Selected as the third overall pick in the 2003 NBA draft by the Denver Nuggets, Carmelo Anthony quickly made a name for himself in the league. Playing for the Nuggets for the majority of his career, he led the team to the playoffs for seven consecutive seasons and won two division titles.
In 2011, Carmelo made a highly anticipated move to the New York Knicks, where he continued to excel on the court. During his time with the Knicks, he set a single-game record by scoring a career-high of 62 points. Carmelo Anthony’s skill and dedication earned him a spot in the NBA All-Star team ten times.
Throughout his career, Carmelo Anthony made significant contributions to Team USA, representing the country in several international competitions, including the Olympics. He earned gold medals in 2008, 2012, and 2016, showcasing his prowess and dedication to the game.
In recent years, Carmelo has continued to make valuable contributions to various NBA teams, including the Houston Rockets, Atlanta Hawks, Chicago Bulls, and currently, the Portland Trail Blazers. His passion for the sport and his determination to succeed have never wavered.
Carmelo Anthony’s achievements extend far beyond his successful basketball career. He has also shown a deep commitment to philanthropy and making a positive impact on the world.
Known for his generosity, Carmelo has made substantial charitable donations throughout his life. In 2006, he donated $1.5 million to the Living Classrooms Foundation and contributed $3 million to Syracuse University for a basketball practice facility.
Moreover, Anthony has played an active role in helping underprivileged children. He organized charitable Christmas parties and was a spokesperson for the Family Resource Center while playing for the Denver Nuggets.
In addition to his philanthropic endeavors, Carmelo Anthony has made strategic investments in real estate and other ventures. He acquired a lavish mansion in Denver and invested in a North American Soccer League expansion team called Puerto Rico FC.
Carmelo’s journey to success serves as an inspiration to aspiring athletes and individuals alike. His talent, determination, and philanthropy have cemented his status as one of basketball’s all-time greats. As he continues to make his mark on and off the court, Carmelo Anthony’s legacy will undoubtedly endure for generations to come.
Interesting Facts about Carmelo Anthony
- Named 2002 USA Today All-USA first team, Parade Magazine All-American first team and Basketball America All-American first team.
- Member of the 2001 USA Basketball Youth Development Festival East Team that earned the silver medal with a 3-2 record.
- He was 1st round, 3rd pick by Nuggets (2003 NBA Draft)
- Member of the 2002 USA Basketball Junior World Championship Qualifying Team that finished with a 4-1 record and the bronze medal.
- Mother is Black-American, father (deceased) is Puerto-Rican.
- Named after his father, Carmelo Iriarte.
- Son Kiyan, born March 7, 2007.
- In 2006, he donated $4,282,000 to the CAF Youth Center in Baltimore, AAU Basketball, Syracuse University Recreational Center, and other charities.
- NBA rookie playing for the Dever Nuggets [June 2004]
- (December 25, 2004) Engaged to MTV veejay La La Anthony. It took nearly six years for them to tie the knot.
- Power/Small forward for Denver Nuggets (2003-2011), New York Knicks (2011-2017), Oklahoma City Thunder (2017-2018), Houston Rockets (2018-2019), and Portland Trail Blazers (2019-present).
Additional information of Carmelo Anthony
|Best Match for Marriage||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|