Basic Information About Christian Bale
|Full Name||Christian Bale|
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Voice Actor|
|Date of birth||1974-01-30 (49 years old)|
|Place of birth||Haverfordwest|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Often portrays obsessive and detached or loner characters|
Frequently works with directors Christopher Nolan, Terrence Malick and David O. Russell and nm0178376
Often stars in period films or plays historical figures
Chameleon-like changes of appearance for different roles
Fluent American accent
Intense physical and mental commitment to his roles
Remains in character almost constantly during the filming process even going so far as to conduct interviews using whatever accent he is using for that particular film.
Often gains or loses weight for particular roles such as gaining muscle for the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in The Dark Knight Trilogy (Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008) and The Dark Knight Rises (2012)), losing weight for The Machinist (2004) and The Fighter (2010), as well as gaining fat for American Hustle (2013) and Vice (2018)
Mole in the corner of his outer right eye.
|Siblings||Three (sisters: Sharon and Louise; half-sister: Erin)|
|Spouse||Sibi Blazic - (29 January 2000 - present) (2 children)|
|Kids||Two (Joseph and Emmeline Luka Bale)|
|Height||6 ft (1.83 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Imdb|
What Movie Awards did Christian Bale win?
Christian Bale awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Empire Award - Best Actor||Winner||The Dark Knight||2009|
|Teen Choice Award - Choice Movie Rumble||Winner||The Dark Knight||2008|
|MTV Movie Award - Best Hero||Winner||Batman Begins||2006|
|ACCA - Best Actor in a Leading Role||Winner||American Psycho||2000|
|Empire Award - Best British Actor||Nominee||American Psycho||2001|
|Golden Train Award - Best Actor||Winner||American Psycho||2000|
|OFCS Award - Best Actor||Nominee||American Psycho||2001|
|AACTA International Award - Best Lead Actor||Nominee||Ford v Ferrari||2020|
|Días de Cine Award - Best Foreign Actor||Nominee||Ford v Ferrari||2020|
|Golden Carp Film Award - International - Favorite Actor||Nominee||Ford v Ferrari||2020|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama||Nominee||Ford v Ferrari||2020|
|Huading Award - Best Global Actor in a Motion Picture||Nominee||Ford v Ferrari||2020|
|Satellite Award - Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama||Winner||Ford v Ferrari||2019|
|HFCS Award - Best Actor||Winner||A Star Is Born||2019|
|Saturn Award - Best Actor||Nominee||The Machinist||2005|
|EFA People's Choice Award - Best European Actor||Nominee||The Machinist||2005|
|ALFS Award - British Actor of the Year||Nominee||The Machinist||2006|
|Best Actor -||Winner||The Machinist||2004|
|Young Artist Award - Outstanding Young Ensemble Cast in a Motion Picture||Nominee||Newsies||1993|
|American Film Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|AFCA Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|ACCA - Best Actor in a Leading Role||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|Critics Choice Award - Best Actor||Winner||Vice||2019|
|CFCA Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2018|
|COFCA Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|DFWFCA Award - Best Actor||Winner||Vice||2018|
|DFCS Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|DFCC - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|Días de Cine Award - Best Foreign Actor||Nominee||Vice||2020|
|FFCC Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2018|
|Dorian Award - Film Performance of the Year - Actor||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|GAFCA Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy||Winner||Vice||2019|
|Golden Schmoes - Best Actor of the Year||Nominee||Vice||2018|
|HFCS Award - Best Actor||Winner||Vice||2019|
|HFCS Award - Best Actor||Winner||Vice||2019|
|IGN Award - Best Lead Performer in a Movie||Nominee||Vice||2018|
|IFJA Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2018|
|KCFCC Award - Best Actor||Winner||Vice||2018|
|ALFS Award - Actor of the Year||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|MCFCA Award - Best Actor||Winner||Vice||2019|
|NFCS Award - Best Actor||Winner||Vice||2018|
|NCFCA Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|OFCS Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2019|
|PFCC Award - Best Actor||Winner||Vice||2018|
|SDFCS Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2018|
|SFFCC Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2018|
|UFCA Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2018|
|VFCC Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Vice||2018|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Winner||American Hustle||2014|
Christian Bale roles
Christian Bale's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|American Psycho (2000)||$1,000,000|
|The Machinist (2004)||$250,000|
|Batman Begins (2005)||$9,000,000|
|Terminator Salvation (2009)||$8,000,000 + % gross|
|The Dark Knight Rises (2012)||$15,000,000|
Christian Bale's Quotes
- [interview in Spin magazine, March 1996] An actor should never be larger than the film he's in.
- [on dealing with the resulting media attention of Empire of the Sun (1987) at age 13] It was horrific. I was almost crying in interviews and running away during press conferences, pretending I was going to the bathroom and just disappearing.
- [on the sudden fame that resulted after Empire of the Sun (1987)] I enjoyed making the film, but I was shocked when I received all the attention when I got home to Bournemouth. Girls were all over me, boys wanted to fight me, and I was being asked to open local fêtes when all I wanted to do was ride my BMX bike in the woods. I told my parents I wasn't interested in doing anything again because the attention ruined it.
- I don't want to know about the lives of other actors and I don't want people to know too much about me. If we don't know about the private lives of other actors, that leaves us as clean slates when it comes to playing characters. That's the point, they can create these other characters and I can believe them. I think if you're a good enough actor, that's the way to longevity in the film business. Keep everybody guessing.
- I started my career without fans.
Christian Bale: From Batman to Oscar-Winner
Christian Bale is a highly-respected English actor who has made a name for himself thanks to his incredible range as an actor. With his phenomenal talent and hard work, Christian has become one of the biggest names in the film industry. He has had a long and successful career, having starred in several critically acclaimed films and earning various accolades and awards. In this article, let’s take a closer look at Christian Bale’s net worth, career, achievements and personal life.
What is Christian Bale known for?
Christian Bale is most well-known for his portrayal of Batman in Christopher Nolan’s ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy. His performance as the caped crusader set a new standard for comic book movies and was loved by audiences around the world. With his intense dedication to the role, he transformed into Batman both physically and mentally, embodying the tortured hero with great depth and nuance. However, Christian Bale is much more than just the Dark Knight. Since his early days as a young actor, he has been praised for his ability to play a wide range of roles, from disturbed murderers and troubled geniuses to caring fathers and tragic heroes.
Early Life and Education
Christian Bale was born on 30 January 1974 in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales. His mother worked as a circus performer while his father, who is of South African origin, worked as an entrepreneur. Christian spent his childhood moving around a lot and eventually made his way to Bournemouth School. Like many great actors, Christian Bale did not get the best grades in school and decided to focus on acting instead. He made his acting debut in a commercial when he was only eight years old.
Christian Bale began his acting career in theater and then starred in various film and television productions. He rose to fame at the age of thirteen with his performance in Steven Spielberg’s ‘Empire of the Sun.’ He quickly became a sought-after actor and won critical acclaim for his performances in ‘American Psycho,’ ‘Equilibrium,’ and the enormously successful ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy. He also garnered accolades for his roles in ‘The Fighter’ and ‘The Big Short’ for which he won the Golden Globe and Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor. More recently, he appeared in the critically acclaimed ‘Ford V Ferrari,’ portraying the legendary racer Ken Miles.
Christian Bale has been incredibly successful throughout his career, but the impact of The Dark Knight on his life cannot be overstated. The movie turned him into a global superstar and cemented his legacy as one of the greatest actors of our time. Even with this success, Christian never stopped pushing himself as an actor and continued to take on challenging and diverse roles. This dedication to his craft has led to numerous awards shows nominations and broke open doors to more opportunities for him.
Christian Bale is notoriously private about his personal life. He met his wife, Sandra Blazic, while filming the 1999 TV series ‘Winnetka Road.’ They got married in 200 and have two children together. As one of the most respected and discreet actors of our time, he has never let the paparazzi or fame affect his personal life.
Christian Bale is a wealthy man, and as many wealthy people do, he has purchased some notable properties over the years. In 2017, he put one of his beloved Santa Monica homes on sale for $5.4 million. The home features an open-floor living space and a rooftop deck with magnificent views. Bale also owns homes in Los Angeles, Santa Monica, and the UK.
Throughout his career, Christian Bale has received critical acclaim for his performances. He is among the most accomplished and decorated actors of his generation. The following are some of the significant accolades awarded to him:
- Three Academy Award nominations and one win.
- Two Golden Globe wins and four nominations.
- Two Screen Actors Guild Awards and four nominations.
- A Critics’ Choice Award
- An Empire Award
- A Saturn Award
What is Christian Bale’s net worth?
As one of Hollywood’s most acclaimed actors, Christian Bale’s net worth is estimated at $120 million. His numerous award-winning performances have brought him critical acclaim and worldwide recognition. It is no surprise that he demands an exceptionally high salary for his roles. In fact, it was reported that Christian Bale turned down a $50 million offer to appear in Matt Reeves’ upcoming ‘The Batman’ movie, only because he felt uneasy about taking on the role after playing the character himself.
The Bottom Line
Christian Bale is a talented and well-respected actor who has achieved great success throughout his career in the entertainment industry. With a net worth of $120 million, he has made a significant contribution to the world of cinema through his unforgettable performances. He remains one of the most highly sought-after actors today and his legacy continues to grow with every project he takes on.
Interesting Facts about Christian Bale
- Hand-picked by director/writer Mary Harron and author Bret Easton Ellis to star in American Psycho (2000). Consequently, was noted by the media as the first star of American Psycho (2000), only to lose the role to Leonardo DiCaprio and then win it back again.
- Is an excellent horseman and an avid reader.
- He trained for 10 weeks in dancing and martial arts for the dance sequences in Newsies (1992) and Swing Kids (1993).
- He has an uncanny ear for accents.
- Bale was handpicked by Winona Ryder for the coveted role of Laurie (Theodore Laurence) in Little Women (1994).
- His father, David Bale, married feminist icon Gloria Steinem on September 3, 2000.
- A devoted animal lover, Christian has two dogs [Mojo and Ramone] and three cats [Miriam, Molly and Lilly], which are all strays that he found.
- Christian is active in many organizations, including Ark Trust, Greenpeace, the World Wildlife Foundation, the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, the Redwings Sanctuary, and the Happy Child Mission, and a school for street kids in Rio De Janeiro.
- His grandfather doubled for John Wayne in two movies, in Africa.
- His first on-screen role was in 1983 at age 9 in a British commercial for Pac-Man cereal.
- He replaced Leonardo DiCaprio for the film American Psycho (2000).
- His father, David Bale, died on December 30, 2003, from brain lymphoma at age 62.
- He was raised in England, Portugal and California.
- His great-uncle, Rex Bale, was an actor.
- His father was a former commercial pilot and his mother was a former circus dancer.
- Has three sisters: musician Erin Bale; computer professional Sharon Bale; and director/actress Louise Bale, who appeared in Newsies (1992).
- His grandfather was a stand-up comic and children's entertainer.
- Met his wife through Winona Ryder; she was Ryder's personal assistant.
- With Batman Begins (2005), he has become the seventh actor to play Batman/Bruce Wayne in a live-action film. The others were: Lewis Wilson in 1943, Robert Lowery in 1949, Adam West in 1966, Michael Keaton for the first two installments of the Batman film series, to be replaced by Val Kilmer and George Clooney.
- Dropped an amazing 63 pounds for his role as the emaciated insomniac Trevor Reznik in the film The Machinist (2004) with only a single vitamin consultation with a nutritionist to guide him. For the most part, he only ate salads and apples, chewed gum, smoked cigarettes, and drank nonfat lattes.
Additional information of Christian Bale
|Best Match for Marriage||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|Body Size||42-32-16 inches|