Basic Information About Dave Bautista
|Full Name||Dave Michael Bautista Jr.|
|Category||Athletes › Wrestlers|
|Professions||Wrestler, Actor, Mixed Martial Artist, Bodybuilder, Lifeguard|
|Date of birth||1969-01-18 (54 years old)|
|Place of birth||Washington, D.C.|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Smart dress and general appearance. In a similar style to the Four Horsemen of the 1980s|
Finishing Move: Batista Bomb
Finishing move: Batista Bomb/Demon Bomb (Sit-Down Powerbomb)
Finishing move: Double Leg Spinebuster
Trademark move: Clothesline
Trademark move: Running Powerslam
Trademark move: Spear
Trademark move: Repeated Turnbuckle Thrusts
Towering height and broad frame
|Father||David Michael Bautista|
|Siblings||(2)Michael Bautista, Donna Raye Bautista|
|Spouse||7 October - Sarah Jade ( 2015 - present) (separated)|
16 November - Angie Lewis ( 1998 - 2006) (divorced) (1 child)
25 March - Glenda Fe Bautista ( 1990 - 1 April 1998) (divorced) (2 children)
|Height||6 ft 5 in (1.98 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ Imdb|
What Movie Awards did Dave Bautista win?
Dave Bautista roles
Dave Bautista's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|WWF SmackDown! (1999)||$1,000,000|
|WrestleMania 23 (2007)||$500,000|
Dave Bautista's Quotes
- I look like a gorilla, just the way I'm built.
- I had been struggling to get roles in Hollywood for three and a half years after leaving the WWE. Then I finally got an agent - the agent I have now. He's a great guy, but he turned me down three times before he even decided to take me on a as a client.
- I don't watch my playbacks because I hate to see myself act.
- It was always one of my favorite things, the action figures, the video games, when I was with WWE, even though I'm not a gamer. I would literally go out and buy the games just so I could play myself.
- People look at me, and they have a certain perception, and they slap a label on me. The guy you saw in a wrestling ring is not who I am.
Net Worth Details
Dave Bautista, also known by his stage name Batista, is a renowned celebrity with an impressive net worth of $16 million. This American actor, professional mixed martial artist, and professional wrestler has achieved significant success in both the fighting and entertainment industries. Despite a challenging upbringing, Bautista’s determination and talent have propelled him to great heights.
What is Dave Bautista known for?
Dave Bautista, born as David Michael Bautista Jr. on January 18th, 1969, in Washington, D.C., is of Greek and Filipino descent. He grew up in a rough neighborhood, with frequent incidents of violence occurring right outside his house. Despite the hardships his family faced, Bautista managed to overcome adversity and carve a path to success.
At the age of 13, Bautista started engaging in criminal activities such as car theft. He eventually moved away from his parents and immersed himself in a life of crime. However, he realized the need for change and pursued a career as a bouncer for a nightclub. Unfortunately, this led to a significant event that altered the course of his life.
During a fight at the nightclub, Bautista severely injured two patrons, resulting in his arrest and subsequent charges. However, this encounter served as a wake-up call for him to turn his life around and pursue a more positive path.
In a quest for personal growth and better opportunities, Bautista worked as a lifeguard before diving into the world of bodybuilding. The journey ahead was paved with remarkable achievements and unexpected twists.
Early life and education
Born into a multicultural family, Dave Bautista’s diverse heritage provided him with a unique perspective on life. Growing up in challenging circumstances, he developed a tenacious spirit that would propel him forward in the face of adversity.
Bautista’s early involvement in criminal activity ultimately led him to seek change and redirect his life towards a more positive path. Although he experienced financial hardships, Bautista’s determination to succeed never wavered.
Dave Bautista’s journey to fame began with his foray into professional fighting. He trained extensively in various disciplines, including wrestling and martial arts like Muay Thai, Eskrima, and Jiu-Jitsu. After honing his skills, he pursued his passion for wrestling.
In 1999, Bautista attended the Wild Samoan Training Center wrestling school to learn the ropes of the industry. His talent and dedication quickly propelled him to success. He started wrestling under the name “Leviathan” in Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) before joining WWE’s main lineup.
One of Bautista’s breakthrough moments occurred during WrestleMania 21, when he won the World Heavyweight Championship. This victory solidified his appeal among fans and marked the beginning of a remarkable career in professional wrestling. Bautista’s reign as World Heavyweight Champion set a record for the longest-ever tenure at 282 days.
Alongside his wrestling pursuits, Bautista delved into acting and garnered notable roles in various television series and movies. He showcased his talent in projects like Smallville, Neighbours, Chuck, and Relative Strangers. However, it was his role as Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy that propelled his acting career to new heights.
Bautista’s remarkable screen presence and versatility earned him opportunities in major films such as Spectre, Blade Runner 2049, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame. His range as an actor and dedication to his craft continue to garner praise from critics and audiences alike.
Beyond his impressive accolades in the wrestling ring and on the silver screen, Dave Bautista has received recognition for his talents and contributions to the entertainment industry.
He has received numerous awards and nominations, including the Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Villain for his role in Guardians of the Galaxy. Bautista’s portrayal of the intimidating assassin Mr. Hinx in Spectre also showcased his ability to captivate audiences with his on-screen presence.
In addition to his achievements in wrestling and acting, Bautista has left his mark on pop culture. His strong fan base appreciates his dedication and authenticity, both in his wrestling career and his performances on the big screen.
Dave Bautista’s journey from a troubled background to achieving worldwide recognition as a professional wrestler and successful actor exemplifies the power of perseverance. From his early involvement in criminal activities to his transformation into a respected figure in the entertainment industry, Bautista’s determination and talent have fueled his remarkable success.
With an impressive net worth and a multitude of achievements, Dave Bautista continues to inspire aspiring wrestlers, actors, and individuals around the world with his unyielding passion and resilience. As he ventures further into his acting career, it is clear that Bautista’s star will only continue to rise.
Interesting Facts about Dave Bautista
- Started his career in Ohio Valley Wrestling, a WWE developmental territory. He wrestled there in 2000-2002 under the name Leviathan. He was a member of OVW's Disciples of Synn. Won the OVW Heavyweight Championship title in November 2001. A few months later, he joined the WWE. He debuted in WWE as a bodyguard to Devon Hughes (D-Von Dudley) on the 'SmackDown!' brand. He later moved to 'RAW' and began wrestling with Ric Flair as his manager.
- Former member of Evolution with Triple H, Randy Orton and Ric Flair.
- On March 1, 2003 at a WWE live event, Batista & Randy Orton teamed up to face the Dudley Boyz. This was famous for being a match that nearly no one walked away from unhurt. Batista tore his bicep, Orton broke his leg and Bubba Ray Dudley injured his back. On May 1, 2003, Batista re-tore his right tricep muscle when he fell while running with his wife. Batista returned to the WWE on October 20, 2003 where he attacked Bill Goldberg.
- In December 2003, won the title World Tag Team Champion with Ric Flair (as Evolution) at WWE Armageddon (2003). They lost the title to Booker Huffman (Booker T) and Rob Van Dam at WWE Monday Night RAW (1993) in February 2004, but regained the title next month at Raw. In December 2005, with Rey Mysterio, defeated MNM (Adam Birch and John Hennigan) for the title of WWE Tag Team Champion at WWF SmackDown! (1999). In August 2008, with John Cena, won the title of World Tag Team Champion on Monday Night RAW, defeating Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes (Cody Rhodes) after Batista pinned DiBiase.
- His father is of Filipino descent and his mother has Greek ancestry.
- Is a keen collector of steel lunchboxes.
- Storyline wise was responsible for Stone Cold Steve Austin losing the RAW Co-General Manager post at Survivor Series 2003 (he interfered in the Team Austin v. Team Bischoff match by delivering the Batista Bomb to Shawn Michaels.)
- Is an accomplished break dancer, a skill used in a TV trailer for Summerslam 2004
- Was trained by the legendary 'Wild Samoan' Afa.
- Got into wrestling after meeting Road Warrior Animal & Curt Hennig at a body building show in Minneapolis.
- Grew up in the Washington DC area and often worked as a bouncer at many clubs in the area.
- Went to the WCW Power Plant for a tryout, where they told him he'd never make it in the wrestling business.
- #1 on the PWI top 500 wrestlers list in 2005.
- His sister was named after his mother, Donna Raye Bautista.
- Shares the same birth name as his father, David Michael Bautista.
- Has two daughters by his first wife, Keilani (born in 1990) and Athena (born in 1992). Also has two grandsons, Jacob and Aiden (by Keilani).
- Last name means "Baptist".
- The third pro wrestler to go by the nickname or stagename, "Animal". The other two were George Steele and Joe Laurinaitis.
- Published author.
- Won WWE Royal Rumble (2005) and his first World Heavyweight Champonship at WrestleMania 21 (2005) when he defeated Triple H (Paul Levesque) in the main event. Defended successfully his title at WWE Backlash (2005) on May 1, 2005. The match was called Batista/Triple H 2. Defeated Triple again at WWE Vengeance (2005). This marked Triple H's first ever loss in a "Hell in a Cell" match. In July, lost to JBL (John Layfield at The Great American Bash (2005), but retained his title via disqualification. In August, defeated JBL in a "No Holds Barred" match at Summerslam (2005). In January 2006, after suffering a serious tricep injury, was forced to surrender the title, ending his 9 month reign as champion.
Additional information of Dave Bautista
|Best Match for Marriage||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|Break Up||(3)Melina Perez|
|Eye Color||dark brown|