Basic Information About Enrique Iglesias
|Category||Celebrities › Singers|
|Professions||Singer-songwriter, Actor, Model, Record producer, Musician, Singer, Composer|
|Date of birth||1975-05-08 (48 years old)|
|Place of birth||Madrid|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Known for the mole he had on his right cheek|
High jumping on the stage
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.87 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Enrique Iglesias win?
Enrique Iglesias roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Once Upon a Time in Mexico||Lorenzo|
|How I Met Your Mother||Gael 2 episodes, 2007|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2003-2007|
|America's Got Talent||Self - Guest Performer 1 episode, 2014|
|The Young and the Restless||Self 1 episode, 2007|
|Watch What Happens: Live||Self 1 episode, 2014|
|Two and a Half Men||Fernando 1 episode, 2007|
|So You Think You Can Dance||Self - Musical Guest 1 episode, 2007|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self - Musical Guest 12 episodes, 1997-2010|
|Loose Women||Self - Performer 7 episodes, 2007-2014|
|Access Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2020|
|The Oprah Winfrey Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2005|
|The One Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2007|
Enrique Iglesias's Quotes
- If you're buying an album because of the face on it, you're stupid.
- I don't consider myself a sex symbol.
- I know it sounds corny, but when you follow your dreams, it happens. And if it's music, take it seriously.
- I don't care what people say. My music's, my music.
- The power of music in Spanish is so strong that I couldn't stay away from it any longer
Net Worth Details
Enrique Iglesias, the Spanish-Filipino singer-songwriter, actor, and record producer, is widely regarded as the King of Latin Pop. With a net worth of $100 million, Iglesias has been incredibly successful in both the Latin and English-language music markets. Throughout his career, he has sold over 130 million records worldwide. Born on May 8, 1975, in Madrid, Spain, Iglesias is the son of legendary Spanish singer Julio Iglesias.
What is Enrique Iglesias Known for?
Enrique Miguel Iglesias Preysler, known simply as Enrique Iglesias, rose to fame in the mid-199s with his self-titled debut album. From there, he became one of the most successful Latin artists of all time. Iglesias is known for his catchy pop songs and captivating performances.
Early Life and Education
Enrique Iglesias was born and raised in Madrid, Spain. He grew up with his mother, Isabel Preysler, until he and his brother were sent to Miami to live with their father after their grandfather was kidnapped for safety reasons. Iglesias attended Gulliver Preparatory School and the University of Miami, where he initially studied business. However, he ultimately dropped out to pursue his passion for music.
Enrique Iglesias released his self-titled debut album in 1995, which featured soft rock ballads and quickly gained success. He continued to release albums throughout the years, showcasing his versatility and ability to blend Latin and pop influences in his music.
An important milestone in Iglesias’ career came in 1999 when he released his first full English-language album, “Enrique.” The album featured popular hits like “Bailamos” and “Rhythm Divine” and solidified his place in the mainstream music industry.
Iglesias’ discography includes numerous successful albums such as “Escape” (2001), “Quizás” (2002), “Insomniac” (2007), “Euphoria” (201), and “Sex and Love” (2014). He has also collaborated with renowned artists like Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, and Pitbull.
In addition to his music career, Iglesias has made guest appearances on popular TV shows and dabbled in acting. His talent and charismatic personality have made him a beloved figure in both the music and entertainment industries.
Enrique Iglesias’ accomplishments are numerous and globally recognized. He has won several awards throughout his career, including multiple Grammy Awards and Billboard Music Awards. In 2017, he received the Billboard Latin Music Award for Best Tour and the ASCAP Latin Heritage Award.
As a best-selling artist, Iglesias’ contributions to the music industry have not gone unnoticed. He holds the record for the most number-one songs on the Billboard Latin Charts, solidifying his status as a dominant force in Latin pop music.
In addition to his musical achievements, Iglesias has actively participated in charitable endeavors. He has made generous donations to organizations like Save the Children and supported causes such as literacy programs for children.
Enrique Iglesias continues to captivate audiences worldwide with his passionate performances and ability to connect with fans through his music. His influence on the Latin music industry is undeniable, and he remains a highly respected and beloved artist.
Enrique Iglesias and his partner, Anna Kournikova, reside in a stunning 20,000 square foot home located in the waterfront Bay Point community of Miami. The couple’s expansive residence is a testament to their success and reflects their luxurious lifestyle.
In addition to their main residence, Iglesias built a six-bedroom house for Kournikova’s grandparents on a separate piece of property. However, the couple decided it was too large for their needs and decided to put it on the market for $4.85 million.
Known for his love of cars, Iglesias has an impressive collection of luxury and sports vehicles. He has been known to auction off some of his cars for charitable causes, demonstrating his commitment to giving back.
Enrique Iglesias’ success both in his career and personal life is a reflection of his hard work and dedication. He continues to leave a lasting impact on the music industry, bringing joy to fans around the world with his catchy melodies and charismatic performances.
Interesting Facts about Enrique Iglesias
- Son of Julio Iglesias and Isabel Preysler.
- The same writing team that wrote singer Cher's "Believe" wrote his hit "Bailamos.".
- Considers himself a songwriter first, and singer second.
- Younger brother of Julio Iglesias Jr. and Chabeli Iglesias.
- Number #1 Spanish album: Quizas (Latin Billboard Charts)
- Has five younger half siblings on his father's side, Miguel, Rodrigo, twins Victoria & Christina and Guillermo. On his mother's side he has two younger half sisters, Tamara Falcó and Ana Boyer.
- Appeared on the cover of the Spanish edition of 'Rolling Stone', December 15th, 2002.
- Number #3 Spanish Song: "Para Que La Vida" (Latin Billboard Charts).
- Number #1 song "Para Que La Vida" on Latin Billboard Music Charts.
- Has had 16 number #1 songs.
- Is the first Latin artist to have the most #1 singles on Latin Billboard Charts history.
- Had a mole on his right cheek removed. [April 2003]
- His song "Quizás" ("Maybe") is about his dad, Julio Iglesias.
- "Quizás" received a Latin Grammy nomination for Best Male Pop Vocal Album (2003).
- "Be With You" received a Grammy nomination for Best Dance Recording (2001).
- Decided to part with his trademark mole after a doctor told him it could become cancerous.
- Won The Latin Grammy For "Best Male Pop Vocal Album" [September 3rd, 2003]
- His new single, "Addicted," is from his [new] 4th English album titled "7" Enrique's album is due out November 25th, 2003.
- Born in Madrid, Spain, but grew up in Miami, Florida.
- His song "Addicted" debuted on Casey Kasem's AT40 on November 16th, 2003 at #38.