Basic Information About Keanu Reeves
|Full Name||Keanu Charles Reeves|
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Voice Actor|
|Date of birth||1964-09-02 (59 years old)|
|Place of birth||Beirut|
|Education||Etobicoke School of Arts, De La Salle College, Avondale Secondary Alternative School|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Intense contemplative gaze|
Deep husky voice
Known for playing stoic reserved characters
|Father||Samuel Nowlin Reeves|
|Siblings||Emma Reeves and Kim Reeves|
|Kids||Ava Archer Syme-Reeves|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.86 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Imdb|
What Movie Awards did Keanu Reeves win?
Keanu Reeves awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|People's Choice Award - Favorite Comedy Movie Star||Nominee||Bill & Ted Face the Music||2020|
|Redeemer Award -||Nominee||John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum||2020|
|Teen Choice Award - Choice: Fight||Nominee||John Wick: Chapter 2||2017|
|EDA Special Mention Award - Most Egregious Age Difference Between the Leading Man and the Love Interest||Nominee||Siberia||2019|
|Golden Slate - Best Actor in a Leading Role||Winner||Notting Hill||2000|
|Razzie Award - Worst Actor||Nominee||Hard Ball||2002|
|MTV Movie Award - Best Kiss||Nominee||The Matrix Reloaded||2004|
|MTV Movie Award - Sexiest Hero (Héroe más Sexy)||Nominee||The Matrix Reloaded||2004|
|Bambi - Best Actor - International||Winner||The Day the Earth Stood Still||2008|
|Redeemer Award -||Nominee||Toy Story 4||2020|
|MTV Movie Award - Most Desirable Male||Winner||Point Break||1992|
|Blockbuster Entertainment Award - Favorite Actor - Action/Science Fiction||Winner||The Matrix||2000|
|Teen Choice Award - Choice Movie: Fight||Nominee||John Wick||2015|
|MTV Movie Award - Best Hero||Nominee||Constantine||2005|
|Razzie Award - Worst Supporting Actor||Nominee||Much Ado About Nothing||1994|
|Teen Choice Award - Movies - Choice Liplock||Winner||The Lake House||2006|
|MTV Movie Award - Best Kiss||Nominee||A Walk in the Clouds||1996|
|Razzie Award - Worst Actor||Nominee||A Walk in the Clouds||1996|
|Razzie Award - Worst Actor||Nominee||Johnny Mnemonic||1996|
|Razzie Award - Worst Actor||Nominee||Sweet November||2002|
|Razzie Award - Worst Actor||Nominee||Chain Reaction||1997|
|Razzie Award - Worst Supporting Actor||Nominee||The Watcher||2001|
Keanu Reeves roles
Keanu Reeves's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|Johnny Mnemonic (1995)||$2,000,000|
|The Devil's Advocate (1997)||$8,000,000|
|The Matrix (1999)||$10,000,000 + 10% of the gross|
|The Replacements (2000)||$12,500,000|
|The Matrix Reloaded (2003)||$15,000,000 + 15% of the gross|
|The Matrix Revolutions (2003)||$15,000,000 + 15% of the gross|
Keanu Reeves's Quotes
- What would happen if you melted? You know, you never really hear this talked about much, but spontaneous combustion? It exists!...[people] burn from within...sometimes they'll be in a wooden chair and the chair won't burn, but there'll be nothing left of the person. Except sometimes his teeth. Or the heart. No one speaks about this, but its for real.
- My name can't be *that* tough to pronounce!
- When I don't feel free and can't do what I want I just react. I go against it.
- [when told he would have to "bite the bullet"] Yes, but I don't have to eat the whole rifle.
- I'm a meathead, man. You've got smart people, and you've got dumb people. I just happen to be dumb.
Keanu Reeves: From Struggling Actor to Hollywood Icon
Keanu Reeves is a name famous worldwide for his work in the entertainment industry. He has worked as an actor, musician, producer and philanthropist. Despite the various talents that he has, one of the things that he is well-known for is his role in the Matrix trilogy. With fans all over the world, one cannot help but wonder what his net worth, salary, and earnings are. This article delves into Keanu Reeves’ early life, career, achievements and detailed net worth details that await you.
Keanu Charles Reeves was born in Beirut, Lebanon, on September 2, 1964. His mother, Patricia Taylor, is British while his father, Samuel Reeves, Jr., is native Hawaiian. Despite the glamour that his dual nationality carries today, Keanu’s childhood was far from easy.
He spent most of his childhood moving from one place to another along with his mother who worked as a costume designer. His father was absent in most of his life. Stability was hard to come by for Keanu because his family took frequent movings to different places. They eventually settled in Toronto, where Keanu attended high school and became involved in hockey. But Keanu had previously dropped out of school due to dyslexia about two years before graduation.
Keanu Reeves began his acting career at the age of nine and immersed himself in acting gigs throughout his teenage years. He made several appearances on stage alongside small appearances on Canadian TV. Eventually, he landed a lead role in ‘Youngblood’, a hockey-based film.
In 1989, he became hugely famous for two films: ‘Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure’ and its sequel. The box office success helped catapult him to a new level of fame in Hollywood. Reeves would become a leading man in the coming years with a series of remarkable performances in films like ‘Point Break’, ‘My Own Private Idaho’, and ‘Speed’—playing alongside big stars like Sandra Bullock.
With enormous success from 1994 action film ‘Speed’, international acclaim came too. His role as Neo in ‘The Matrix’ brought much to his celebrity, for which he won four MTV awards, one of which lasted until 2019.
He has a slew of notable roles to his credit throughout his career, mostly plays action heroes putting his skills to good use in movies like ‘Constantine,’ ‘John Wick.’ Keanu’s hard work in his original movies, such as Speed (1994) and The Matrix Trilogy (1999-2003), won the hearts of fans all over the world, further cementing his position in the industry.
Keanu Reeves’ Net Worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Keanu Reeves has a net worth of $380 million. Much of his fortune comes from working as an actor and producer in over 100 films since his acting career started in 1985. His movie box office earnings clock in at more than $4.6 billion worldwide. With the breakthrough performance and success of ‘The Matrix’, his price per film only kept going up.
Earnings from The Matrix
Keanu’s upfront salary for appearing in The Matrix was $10 million per film. Because of his partnership with the Wachowskis on the productions, he was also entitled to a piece of the gross proceeds from each movie. His earnings from these deals equalled over $250 million.
During the filming of Speed (1994), he was paid $1.2 million. By the time ‘The Devil’s Advocate’ (1997) rolled around, he was bagging $8 million per project, and his slice of Matrix profits lifted his 2003 gross for the series to $156 million.
Though Keanu has seen immense success in his career, he remains notoriously private in day-to-day life, making interaction with fans passionately treasured. In addition to pursuing his lifetime passion – filmmaking – Keanu engages in charitable work. He has used part of his own fortune to aid numerous causes, such as Stand Up To Cancer.
Keanu Reeves’ most successful and well-known series of movies is the ‘Matrix’ trilogy. However, he has won numerous extraordinary awards throughout his career. In 2019, he voiced the character Duke Caboom in Pixar’s Toy Story 4, which set box office records by grossing over $1.073 billion worldwide. This succeeded even the third Matrix movie’s international box office performance ($742 million). Aside from this, his unique talents garnered a handful of nominations and awards:
The Saturn Awards
- 1992 – Best Actor for Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey and Point Break
- 1996 – Best Actor for Speed
- 200 – Best Actor for The Matrix
- 2006 – Best Music for A Scanner Darkly
Sundance Film Festival
- 1991 – Best Actor; Audience Award-winning feature film “My Own Private Idaho”
- 1995 – Favorite Actor in Speed, Best Supporting Actor in Interview with the Vampire
Keanu’s impressive career proves that he’s not just a one-hit-wonder. Despite early setbacks, he displays not only artistic talent but also the versatility and creative drive required of a successful Hollywood icon.
The “Most Excellent” Life of Keanu Reeves
Keanu Reeves’ incredible career has earned him a well-deserved spot among Hollywood’s leading actors. His tremendous net worth and fame only illustrate how valuable his contributions to the entertainment industry have been over the years. His philanthropic endeavors and personality made him an important role model for millions of people worldwide.
As Reeves once said, Keanu tries every day to live his best life. He continues to work in movies, spearhead charity causes while still living a quiet existence, making fame and fortune secondary to liveliness. Such accomplishments make him both an admirable and beloved artist, a true inspiration for aspiring actors who are just starting their careers.
Interesting Facts about Keanu Reeves
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (1995).
- Ranked #23 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Arrested in Los Angeles, California; charged with drunk driving. [May 1993]
- Loves ballroom dancing.
- He owns at least two Norton Commando motorcycles whose engines were available in both 750cc and 850cc capacities, the high-compression version being the Combat Commando.
- Younger sister, Kim Reeves (born in Australia in 1966). Through his mother, he has a half-sister named Karina Miller (born in 1976 in Toronto). Through his father, he has a half-sister named Emma Reeves (born in 1980 in Hawaii).
- Named after his uncle Henry Keanu Reeves. "Keanu" is a derivation of Reeves' great-great-uncle Keaweaheulu, whose name means "the soft breeze raising" in Hawaiian.
- Ex-stepson of film and stage director Paul Aaron.
- Had job sharpening ice skates.
- Was nicknamed "the wall" by high school hockey team De La Salle College "Oaklands".
- Father left the family when Keanu was very young.
- Was manager of a pasta shop in Toronto, Ontario.
- His father was a geologist who served time in prison. He was paroled after serving two years of a ten-year sentence for selling heroin at Hilo Airport (1992).
- His mother, Patricia Taylor, was a costume designer for rock stars such as Alice Cooper.
- His name means "cool breeze over the mountains" in Hawaiian.
- Dropped out of high school when he was 17 to become an actor.
- Hobbies include horseback riding and surfing (both inspired from movie roles).
- Was MVP on his high school hockey team, where he was a goalie.
- Keanu got his abdominal scar from a motorcycle wreck in Topanga Canyon. He was on a "demon ride" (no headlights at night) when he crashed into the side of a mountain. He was hospitalized for a week with broken ribs and a ruptured spleen. When the paramedics came to get him, an emergency medical technician trainee picked up one end of the stretcher... then dropped it by mistake! "It made me laugh, but I couldn't breathe!".
- When trying out for the roles of Bill and Ted in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989), each actor was paired up with another. Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter were paired up, Reeves trying out for the part of Bill while Winter tried out for the part of Ted. They were cast opposite what they auditioned for.
Additional information of Keanu Reeves
|Break Up||Jennifer Syme|