Basic Information About Louisa Moritz
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1936-03-25|
|Place of birth||Havana|
|Date of death||2019-01-04 (aged 82)|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Often cast as dumb blondes|
|Spouse||19 August - William N Fine ( 1983 - 15 August 1984) (divorced)|
28 January - William N Fine ( 1979 - 19 September 1980) (divorced)
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Louisa Moritz win?
Louisa Moritz roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest||Rose|
|Up in Smoke||Gloria|
|Death Race 2000||Myra|
|The Last American Virgin||Carmela|
|Match Game PM||Self - Panelist 1 episode, 1975|
|Chico and the Man||Lorraine 1 episode, 1976|
|The Incredible Hulk||Beth 1 episode, 1980|
|One Day at a Time||Receptionist 1 episode, 1976|
|M*A*S*H||Nurse Sanchez 1 episode, 1975|
|Happy Days||Verna LaVerne 1 episode, 1974|
|Love, American Style||Candy Lee (segment "Love and the Alibi") / ... 3 episodes, 1971-1972|
|CPO Sharkey||Marlene 1 episode, 1978|
|Match Game 73||Self - Panelist 15 episodes, 1974-1975|
|Days of Our Lives||Esther 1 episode, 1988|
|Laugh-In||Self (uncredited) unknown episodes|
Louisa Moritz's Quotes
- [on being cast as dumb blondes] When you go up for acting jobs, and you get acting jobs, you're happy to get acting jobs. There are a lot of people out there trying to get anything, and if you're getting dumb blonde roles, hey, it's okay.
Louisa Moritz: The Talented Actress Who Co-Starred with Superstars
Louisa Moritz is a name that will ring a bell for people who grew up in the 70s and early 80s era. The Cuban-born American actress, who spent most of her career in the US entertainment industry, has left an uncontested legacy that reflects on her incredible talent and sheer dedication to acting. Moritz not only worked as an actress but also as a producer and screenplay writer.
Net Worth Details
In 2019, at the time of her demise, Louisa Moritz had an estimated net worth of around $1 million. She had acquired the wealth through her acting career, endorsements, and production company. Throughout the years that she was in showbiz, she managed to feature in numerous critically acclaimed films, which undoubtedly increased her income streams.
What is Louisa Moritz known for?
Louisa Moritz was hugely fond of making people laugh and feel good. And through her acting performances, she was able to do that. Apart from comedy films, she landed roles in series, such as Love, American Style, appearing as one of the most memorable characters of the show. She partnered with some bigwigs of that time such as Bill Cosby and film stars like Jack Nicholson. Moritz’s filmography includes films such as “The Last American Virgin” released in 1982.
Early Life and Education
Louisa Moritz was born in Havana Cuba on March 25,1936. Growing up, she suffered several loses at the hands of Castro’s regime. Nevertheless, she remained resilient enough to initiate her escape plan to America. By hiding on a cargo boat, she ultimately made her dream to become a star in America a reality.
Louisa Moritz’s first “claim to fame” was when she appeared in a commercial for Ultra-Ban spray deodorant. From that point on, her career only went higher. Her film roles commenced in 1972, where she starred in the eagerly anticipated highest-grossing film “One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.”
Her breakthrough role came in Match Game as one of the regulars featuring Ruth Buzzi. Moritz was part of a match game called “The Golden Dustbin”. It was often regarded as one of the comical highlights of that game show. She then went on to act into more successful television shows and Filmography including Cannonball run play which is one of her most memorable appearances.
Although Louisa Moritz was given small roles off-and-on throughout her decades-long career, She landed memorable scenes In Smokey and the Bandit II alongside Burt Reynolds. Her final completed movie before death was 2017’s life raft.
Louisa Moritz passed away on 4th January 2019, at the age of 72. The star actress had struggled with various health issues leading up to her death.
Louisa Moritz’s impressive resume included participating in Magnet Magazines album Incredibly Strange Music Vol II. The popular Spanish show, El show de la una and a Miami-based Good Day Show all featured her as a guest star at different times.
In 2014, Louisa Moritz accused comedian Bill Cosby of sexually assaulting her before an appearance on The Tonight Show in 1971. Later on the same year, in Keeping Honest: How did Black America do that Here Bill Cosby? she discussed the experience, stating that,” I played a role on a show; was a Cosby fan; then the alleged assault happened, and my life changed forever .”
The Bottom Line
Sadly, Louisa Moritz left us at an early age of 72 years old. However, it’s clear that her capabilities as an actress are not easy to replace. Her message was essentially about enjoying life, and some of her humor-inspired moments continue to make us smile and feel good about ourselves even today. Many people who have watched her films and shows know that she was great at breathing life into every character she portrayed. She might have left us, but Louisa Moritz will remain a legend of the entertainment industry.
Interesting Facts about Louisa Moritz
- Yale University graduate.
- Started her career as the Mail Girl on the sports talk show The Joe Namath Show (1969), which premiered in the fall of 1969 for approximately 15 episodes. The 30-minute show featured the New York Jets quarterback Joe Namath and his co-host Dick Schaap interviewing sport and entertainment legends each week.
- Appeared in commericals. Among them as a student driver in an automobile advertisement in 1969.
- Speaks English, French and Spanish fluently.
- Musically trained.
- Ms. Moritz acted with one of her former teachers, Charles Nelson Reilly from the Herbert Berghof School of Acting in one of the original Love, American Style (1969) segments entitled "Love and the Detective" (1971).
- Her sister Aurora was the first female lawyer in Cuba.
- Studied at the Actor's Studio with Lee Strasberg.
- Los Angeles, California, USA: Works as an attorney [January 2012]
- Works as an attorney in Southern California. [August 2008]
- Arrived in New York from Havana on July 15, 1960, aged 23.
- Claimed to have been sexually assaulted by Bill Cosby (in 1971).