What Movie Awards did Mark Patton win?
Mark Patton roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge||Jesse Walsh|
|CBS Schoolbreak Special||Chris Jenson 1 episode, 1986|
Mark Patton's Quotes
- I have every character I've ever played tattooed on my body. But I've decided to put the name Lazarus next, because that's who I am. I've walked out of the grave time and time again. (Showing the name "Jesse" tattooed on his forearm.)
- I had a rough time in school. I was a very pretty boy and where I come from everyone looks exactly the same. If you're even the slightest bit different you're a target. I was a hypersensitive kid and I was bullied quite a bit.
- They wouldn't even let me do certain interviews. I remember getting an interview request from "The Advocate" after we made "Jimmy Dean" and they told me I absolutely couldn't speak with a gay magazine, even though I was playing a gay character. I think they were scared I would say something about my sexuality, and they were probably right.
- I found out on my 40th birthday and three days later I was in the hospital. But because of the infections I had, they made me take tuberculosis medicine and that didn't mix with those older HIV meds. There were so many side effects. It was like I was poisoned. I almost died there, but thankfully my friends took me to an AIDS health clinic, which saved my life. (On his diagnosis with HIV, thrush, pneumonia, and tuberculosis.)
- When I got off the plane to New York, I breathed my first relaxed breath, probably in my life. Because I realized I was safe. There, all of my negatives turned into positives. Things like the way I walked became an attraction as opposed to something people would laugh at.
Mark Patton Net Worth
Mark Patton, an American actor, and interior designer’s net worth are approximately $300 thousand. Patton started his acting career in the 198s and is known for his role as Jesse Walsh in the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge. Patton appeared in documentaries Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy(201) and Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street(2019). He is known to be a talented interior designer since he retired from acting.
Biography of Mark Patton
What is Mark Patton Known For?
Mark Patton is best known for his appearance in the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge as Jesse Walsh. His energetic acting has led to his career expansion as an interior designer in New York City.
Early life and education
On September 22, 1958, Mark Patton was born in Kansas City, Missouri. He didn’t have an ordinary childhood as his father and mother divorced when he was young, which forced him to relocate with his father to De Kalb, Illinois. He later joined the local theater as part of the DeKalb Children’s Theatre Company. After completing a few shows, he collaborated with Patrick Brennan, who helped him in pursuing a degree in Theater Arts at the University of Missouri.
Mark Patton started his acting career in 1982 after quitting Eugene O’Neill Theater Center by playing Joe Qualley in Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean. That same year, he portrayed Rowan Hart in Anna to the Infinite Power. He has had minor roles on TV shows such as Kelsey’s Son, CBS Schoolbreak Special, and Hotel.
In 1985, Mark played his most recognized role as Jesse Walsh in A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge. The role opened more opportunities for him as an actor in the future. He left acting to become an interior designer in New York City in the late ’80s. He returned briefly to acting and appeared in Family Possessions (2016), Amityville: Evil Never Dies (2017), a documentary Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street (2019).
Personal Life of Mark Patton
Mark Patton identifies himself as a gay man. He married Hector Morales Mondragon on October 13, 2019, in private, in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. His HIV-positive status has never stopped him from pursuing his passion for acting and interior design.
Mark Patton’s Achievements
Here are some of Mark Patton’s Awards and Achievements:
- Groovy Horror Movie Award – Worst Film Couple (shared with Kim Myers) in A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge
- Groovy Horror Movie Award – Best Motion Picture Films (co-won with Jeffrey Schwarz) in Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street (2019)
Mark Patton is among the talented American actors who have made it to Hollywood without compromising their identity and beliefs despite dealing with bigotry. His decision to leave Hollywood was influenced by, among other things, intolerance. Though life has handed him lemons, he has successfully made lemonade by venturing into entrepreneurial endeavors such as interior design. It’s safe to say that Mark Patton stands out among other actors whose success doesn’t extend beyond Hollywood.
Interesting Facts about Mark Patton
- Auditioned to play Glen in A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) but lost out to Johnny Depp. Later ended up auditioning for A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985).
- In 1999, on his 40th birthday, Patton was diagnosed with HIV along with pneumonia, thrush, and tuberculosis. His medications interacted badly and he was hospitalized. Upon recovering, he moved to Mexico, where he met and later married Hector Morales Mondragon.
- Currently directing Off-Broadway Theatre (1995)
- Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico (August 2013).
- Became friends with his A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) co-star Robert Rusler. They remained friends even after Mark moved to Mexico.