Basic Information About Mark Ronson
|Full Name||Mark Daniel Ronson|
|Category||Celebrities › DJs|
|Professions||Singer, Disc jockey, Record producer, Musician, Guitarist, Artist, Composer, Actor, Film Producer, Music Producer|
|Date of birth||1975-09-04 (48 years old)|
|Place of birth||St John's Wood|
|Education||New York University|
|Siblings||(2)Charlotte Ronson, Samantha Ronson|
|Spouse||Joséphine de La Baume - (3 September 2011 - 2018) (divorced)|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ Imdb|
What Movie Awards did Mark Ronson win?
Mark Ronson awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Oscar - Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song)||Winner||A Star Is Born||2019|
|Gold Derby Award - Original Song of the Decade||Winner||A Star Is Born||2020|
|Golden Globe - Best Original Song - Motion Picture||Winner||A Star Is Born||2019|
|Grammy - Best Song Written for Visual Media||Winner||A Star Is Born||2019|
|HMMA Award - Best Original Song - Feature Film||Winner||A Star Is Born||2018|
|INOCA - Best Original Song||Winner||A Star Is Born||2019|
|MCFCA Award - Best Song||Winner||A Star Is Born||2019|
|World Soundtrack Award - Best Original Song Written for a Film||Winner||A Star Is Born||2019|
Mark Ronson roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Zoolander||Mark Ronson (as DJ Mark Ronson)|
|Spies in Disguise||Agency Control Room Technician (voice)|
|The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart||Self - Producer / Musician / Songwriter|
|Saturday Night Live||Self - Musical Guest 2 episodes, 2014-2018|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self - Musical Guest 4 episodes, 2015-2019|
|The Voice||Self - Performer / ... 2 episodes, 2014-2015|
|Good Morning Britain||Self - Music Producer / ... 2 episodes, 2019|
|The Late Show with Stephen Colbert||Self 1 episode, 2019|
|The One Show||Self 1 episode, 2019|
|The Late Late Show with James Corden||Self 1 episode, 2015|
|CBS News Sunday Morning||Self 1 episode, 2015|
|Never Mind the Buzzcocks||Self / ... 5 episodes, 2007-2011|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self - Musical Guest / ... 3 episodes, 2015-2019|
|The X Factor||Self - Guest Mentor 2 episodes, 2015|
|Late Night with Conan O'Brien||Self - Musical Guest 1 episode, 2007|
Mark Ronson's Quotes
- By the time I moved to New York, I had already been raised on eight years of Radio 1. The radio and music culture in England is not so racially segregated between rap, reggae, alternative or whatever. My dad [former band manager Laurence Ronson] also listened to a lot of funk and soul around the house, so when I moved to New York I started listening to a lot of Def Jam and [The Beatles] music. And whenever I came back to visit my dad, I would listen to a lot of Manchester music. That's why my tastes are so wide-ranging.
- [on why he covered songs by The Smiths] I think if you're going to cover a song, you might as well cover your favorites. There's no point doing Jessica Simpson covers just for the purpose of not pissing anyone off!
- I'm not religious in a complete strict observant type of way but as far as believing in the main tenets of the religion, things like that I am - I obviously fast on Yom Kippur, that kind of thing. It's important to me.
- The people that inspire me are people like David Bowie, Stevie Wonder, and some of the great producers like Rick Rubin, Nigel Godrich, Quincy Jones and George Martin. I think you can find inspiration in anything, anything you hear that you like.
Mark Ronson: A Multi-Talented Creative Force
Mark Ronson is an English musician, DJ, and music producer who has made a significant impact on the music industry. With his unique style and ability to seamlessly blend different genres, Ronson has become a household name in the world of music. His incredible talent has earned him a Grammy Award and a net worth of $20 million. Let’s take a closer look at the life and career of this remarkable artist.
What is Mark Ronson known for?
Mark Ronson is best known for his collaborations with some of the industry’s biggest names, such as Amy Winehouse, Adele, and Bruno Mars. His ability to blend various musical styles, from funk to rock and hip-hop, has made him a go-to producer and DJ for artists looking to create something fresh and unique. Ronson’s signature style has earned him critical acclaim and a dedicated fan base.
Early Life and Education
Mark Ronson was born on September 4, 1975, in Notting Hill, London, England. Growing up in a Conservative Jewish household, Ronson was exposed to music from an early age. His father, Laurence Ronson, worked as a music manager and publisher before transitioning into real estate development. His mother, Ann Dexter-Jones, was a writer, jewelry designer, and socialite.
When Ronson was a child, his parents divorced, and his mother married Mick Jones, the guitarist of the band Foreigner. The family moved to the Upper West Side of Manhattan in New York City when Ronson was eight years old. He attended the prestigious Collegiate School in Manhattan before continuing his studies at Vassar College and New York University.
Although Ronson had always been interested in music, he began pursuing it professionally while attending New York University. He embraced the vibrant hip-hop scene of downtown Manhattan and quickly gained recognition as a DJ. Known for his ability to blend diverse genres, Ronson became a sought-after DJ for high-profile events.
In 2001, Ronson signed a record contract with Elektra Records. He worked with various artists, including Nikka Costa, and produced several successful singles. In 2003, he released his debut album, “Here Comes the Fuzz,” which received critical acclaim. Despite the album’s solid reception, it did not achieve significant commercial success.
Undeterred by the setback, Ronson founded his own record label, Allido Records, in 2004. He continued to produce music and collaborate with artists such as Daniel Merriweather and Amy Winehouse. His work with Winehouse on her album “Back to Black” earned him his first Grammy Award nomination and helped propel both of their careers to new heights.
Ronson’s success continued with his collaboration with Bruno Mars on the hit single “Uptown Funk.” The song topped charts around the world and earned Ronson two Grammy Awards. He went on to work with other notable artists, including Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, and the Queens of the Stone Age. Ronson’s unique sound and impeccable production skills have cemented his place as one of the industry’s top music producers.
Throughout his career, Mark Ronson has accumulated an impressive list of achievements. Not only has he been recognized with Grammy Awards for his work as a producer, but he has also received critical acclaim for his own albums.
His second album, “Version,” which consisted of cover songs, reached the second position on the UK Billboard 200 chart. The album featured several successful singles such as “Stop me.” Ronson’s collaboration with Amy Winehouse on her album “Back to Black” resulted in multiple Grammy Awards, including Producer of the Year, Non-Classical.
Furthermore, Ronson’s hit single “Uptown Funk,” featuring Bruno Mars, achieved international success and became one of the best-selling singles of all time. The song received critical acclaim, topped charts worldwide, and earned Ronson two Grammy Awards.
In addition to his musical accomplishments, Ronson has also made forays into the world of film. He provided the score for the 2011 movie “Arthur” and co-wrote the critically acclaimed song “Shallow” for the film “A Star Is Born,” which won him an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song.
Playing an Essential Role in the Music Industry
Mark Ronson’s contributions to the music industry cannot be overstated. His ability to fuse different genres and create unique sounds has set him apart as a true innovator and creative force. From his early days as a DJ in New York to his international success as a producer, Ronson’s talent continues to captivate audiences around the world.
As he continues to collaborate with artists and shape the industry, Mark Ronson remains an influential figure with an enduring legacy.
Interesting Facts about Mark Ronson
- Ex-fiancé of actress/musician Rashida Jones.
- Has a show on East Village Radio.
- His first instrument was the drums at the age of 5. He started to play in a band when he was 14 and got his turntables when he was 18.
- Born in London and moved to New York City when he was eight. He considers himself to be more English than American.
- Spun at Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise's wedding.
- In 2004 he and longtime manager Rich Kleiman formed Allido Records, a subsidiary of Sony BMG's J Records. The first artist he signed to Allido was rapper Rhymefest, most well-known for winning the Grammy for co-writing Kanye West's "Jesus Walks".
- His parents are both from Jewish families, from Central/Eastern Europe (Austria, Russia, and Lithuania).
- Has two sisters Charlotte Ronson (clothing designer) and Samantha Ronson (DJ, famous for being Lindsay Lohan's girlfriend), they're twins, as well as a half-brother and half-sister, Alexander and Annabelle Jones, from his mother's marriage to Foreigner guitarist, Mick Jones.
- Started DJing in 1993.
- Attended Collegiate Prep, Vassar College and New York University (NYU).
- Son of socialite/writer Ann Dexter-Jones and real estate Laurence Ronson.
- Childhood friend of musician Sean Lennon.
- Became a U.S citizen in April 2008.
- Won the Brit Awward for Best Male in 2008. He is the first artist to win a Brit award without singing on the actual record.
- Won three Grammy Awards in 2008. One for producer of the year, one for record of the year for "Rehab" and one for Best Pop Vocal Album for producing Amy Winehouse's "Back To Black".
- Older half-brother of Henrietta Ronson and Joshua Ronson.
- Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Anthony Rossomando, Andrew Wyatt & Benjamin Rice won the 2019 Academy Award in the Best Original Song category for their work on "Shallow" from A Star Is Born (2018).
Additional information of Mark Ronson
|Best Match for Marriage||Taurus, Capricorn|
|Break Up||(3)Rebecca Schwartz|
|Divorce||Josephine de La Baume|
|Eye Color||dark brown|
|Hair Color||dark brown|