Basic Information About Martin Compston
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Football player|
|Date of birth||1984-05-08 (39 years old)|
|Place of birth||Greenock|
|Spouse||Tianna Chanel Flynn - (19 June 2016 - present) (1 child)|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Martin Compston win?
Martin Compston awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|ALFS Award - British Newcomer of the Year||Winner||Bend It Like Beckham||2003|
|BAFTA Scotland Award - Best Actor in a Feature Film||Winner||Sweet Sixteen||2002|
|Empire Award - Best Newcomer||Nominee||Sweet Sixteen||2003|
|ALFS Award - British Newcomer of the Year||Winner||Sweet Sixteen||2003|
|Best Actor -||Winner||A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints||2006|
Martin Compston roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Mary Queen of Scots||Lord Bothwell|
|The Disappearance of Alice Creed||Danny|
|The Damned United||John O'Hare|
|The Hunter's Prayer||Metzger|
|A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints||Mike O'Shea|
|The Wee Man||Paul Ferris|
|Line of Duty||Steve / ... 36 episodes, 2012-2021|
|Traces||Daniel MacAfee / ... 6 episodes, 2019-2021|
|Death in Paradise||Dexter Allen 1 episode, 2016|
|Ripper Street||Edwin Havelock 1 episode, 2014|
|Agatha Christie's Marple||Alfred Pollock 1 episode, 2013|
|Silent Witness||DS Jason Ross 2 episodes, 2014|
|Victoria||Dr. Traill 1 episode, 2017|
|The Royal||Jeffrey Carpenter 1 episode, 2003|
|Casualty||Matty Howell 1 episode, 2004|
|Still Game||Phone Shop Assistant 1 episode, 2019|
|The One Show||Self 2 episodes, 2019-2020|
Martin Compston's Quotes
- I've two huge German shepherds who are my boys. They're called Biscuit and Buster and I love them to bits. They're two years old. - Interview with the BBC, 17 October 2004.
- I've been lucky enough to work with some great directors, and I don't want to throw that away by doing one big horrible big budget film.
- I don't regret giving up football for acting. I love football and am very proud I played for Morton. But the truth is, I wasn't going to get much higher in football. At the same time, I sensed I could go somewhere in acting. I'm 28, which is young for acting, whereas in football I'd now be near the end of my career.
- Acting has been really to good me. You end up in some wild places, and I love adventure.
- There was a lot of pressure on me when I was 18, 19 to move to America. I went out for a couple of weeks and hated it. I thought I could go out of my mind. You could really see how people could go off the rails.
Martin Compston: The Scottish Actor and Former Soccer Player with a Net Worth of $5 Million
In the world of entertainment and sports, stars rise and fall every day. But some manage to carve out a niche for themselves, making an indelible mark on the industry. One such star is Martin Compston, who has captured the hearts of both soccer and acting fandoms alike. Born in Greenock, Inverclyde, Scotland in May 1984, Martin’s journey is multi-faceted and inspiring.
What Is Martin Compston Known For?
Martin Compston is best known for his portrayal as Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott in BBC One’s Line of Duty. The British TV drama has been praised for its suspenseful plotlines and has gained millions of devoted fans worldwide. Compston’s bold and charismatic presence electrifies and brings depth to the show, making him a fan favorite.
Before he was a TV star, Martin played professional soccer for Greenock Morton F.C. Before retirement, he had a brief stint at Ayr United. His athletic background and youthful charm make him a dynamic and impressive actor.
Early Life and Education
Martin was born to Liz Compston and Jim Compston, a factory foreman. He showed an early interest in soccer, joining his local youth club St. Inan’s. In his teenage years, he played for Greenock Morton and served as team captain while pursuing his acting career simultaneously. He later enrolled in drama classes at Reid Kerr College to hone his craft as an actor.
Martin began his acting career in the popular Scottish TV drama Monarch of the Glen as Ewan Brodie. His performance was well received by both audiences and critics. Within a year of starting his professional acting career, Martin landed his breakout role in Ken Loach’s film Sweet Sixteen in which he played Liam, a teenager trying to overcome the brutal realities of poverty to provide a better future for himself and his family, earning him a BAFTA for Best Actor at a very young age.
His performances in subsequent movies such as SoulBoy, Doomsday, Filth, and The Legend of Barney Thomson were equally appreciated by the audience. But his biggest claim to fame is his role as DS Steve Arnott in the critically-acclaimed BBC crime series Line of Duty. Critics have praised his portrayal and hailed it as one of the best performances by an actor in the history of crime dramas.
Martin’s talents have not gone unnoticed. In addition to his BAFTA Scotland win for Best Actor in Sweet Sixteen, he has also received two nominations for the Best Actor award from the same category. His role in Line of Duty has won him numerous nominations, including the Best Actor award at National Television Awards and Superstar of the Year at the Scottish Daily Record Entertainment Awards in 2018.
Martin has cemented his position as one of Scotland’s finest actors who have not only acted in movies but has also directed short films like The Afterparty. The twenty-minute film got critical acclaim for its well-told story.
Martin Compston married actress Tianna Chanel Flynn in 2016 in a secret ceremony, and his fans soon found out about it when someone posted an accidental snap of Martin and Tianna on an italian beach. The couple met each other while shooting Souliboy movie.
Other than that, Martin is known for his friendly jibes on social media, never holding back from poking fun at his co-stars or sharing his love for soccer. Social media posts that Martin share on his Instagram and Twitter accounts are filled with his sense of humor and candid pictures of himself and his friends.
Net Worth Details
As per the latest reports, Martin Compston has a net worth of around $5 million. A significant part of his wealth comes from his successful career as an actor. His tremendous enthusiasm, talent, and hard work has brought him numerous acting awards and higher paychecks.
Martin takes social responsibility seriously and has been actively working with the Glasgow Children’s Charity to take part in fundraising events. He has also denounced Brexit, stating that leaving the EU would be a mistake and that Scotland had spoken of their desire to remain an important part of the EU.
Martin Compston, the Scottish actor and former soccer player, has left his mark on sports and entertainment both. He is the epitome of success through hard work, dedication, and passion for what he does. We hope to see him continue to shock us with his undeniable talent, and keep up his excellent work in the years to come.
Interesting Facts about Martin Compston
- At 17, Martin was playing Division II soccer (football) in a Scottish high school and had never acted until being discovered by director Ken Loach, who cast him as the lead in Sweet Sixteen (2002).
- Sweet Sixteen (2002) was his first film and was critically acclaimed at the 2002 Cannes Festival in France.
- The son of Liz and Jim Compston, Martin attended St. Columba's High School, Gourock, Inverclyde, Scotland. He left at the end of his fifth year there to be signed by Greenock Morton Football Club, despite reportedly earning As and Bs in his exam results.
- Fought with the local council to have Sweet Sixteen (2002) reduced to a certificate 15 in his area for the teenagers to learn from Liam's mistakes. The battle was successful.
- His favourite actress is Sharon Stone.
- Wife, American actress Tianna Chanel Flynn, is from Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Had a heart tattoo on his right wrist. His Wife has a matching one. He got the matching tattoo's to prove to his now Mother in law of his commitment to the relationship after meeting her for the first time. She had taken him to a firing range earlier that day to show her shooting skills.