Basic Information About Paz Vega
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1976-01-02 (47 years old)|
|Place of birth||Seville|
|Spouse||Orson Salazar - (2 January 2003 - present) (3 children)|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.67 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Paz Vega win?
Paz Vega awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Antoñita Colomé Award - Best Female Performance||Winner||Lucía y el sexo||2002|
|Goya - Best New Actress (Mejor Actriz Revelación)||Winner||Lucía y el sexo||2002|
|Film Award - Best Actress (Mejor Actriz)||Winner||Lucía y el sexo||2001|
|Sant Jordi - Best Spanish Actress (Mejor Actriz Española)||Winner||Lucía y el sexo||2002|
|Yoga Award - Worst Spanish Actress||Winner||Kill the Messenger||2015|
|PFCS Award - Breakout of the Year - On Screen||Winner||Spanglish||2004|
|Yoga Award - Worst Spanish Actress||Winner||Grace of Monaco||2015|
|Award of the Spanish Actors Union - Best Actress in an International Production (Mejor Actriz en Producción Internacional)||Nominee||The OA||2020|
Paz Vega roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Rambo: Last Blood||Carmen Delgado|
|The Spirit||Plaster of Paris|
|Lucía y el sexo||Lucía|
|Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted||Horses (voice)|
|Kill the Messenger||Coral Baca|
|Hable con ella||Amparo|
|Acts of Vengeance||Alma|
|Grace of Monaco||Maria Callas|
|The OA||Renata 7 episodes, 2016-2019|
|Paquita Salas||Paz 1 episode, 2018|
|La casa de las flores||Mamá de Carmela 1 episode, 2020|
Paz Vega's Quotes
- I don't want to play only Latin women. I want to have roles in English.
- I am only an actress when they say, 'action' and I stop being an actress when they say, 'cut'. I am a normal person outside of acting.
- When I was young, I remember my father saying "Okay, let's go to bed" at eight. But I would keep the door open a crack, and watch the old black & white movies my parents would be watching on TV, and I would love that! Cary Grant, Lauren Bacall...
The Phenomenal Career of Paz Vega: Her Life, Accomplishments, and Career
Paz Vega, born as Paz Campos Trigo, is a successful Spanish actress who achieved international fame with her award-winning performances. She has a net worth of $10 million today, and her talent, hard work, and dedication are some of the reasons why she is a highly regarded actress.
What is Paz Vega known for?
Paz Vega is best known for her remarkable acting abilities and sparkling performances on both the big and small screens.
Her incredible acting journey began when she was a teenager. She attended the prestigious Centro Andaluz de Teatro when she was 17 and afterward moved to Madrid to focus solely on acting. Over the past decades, she has accomplished notable success in both Spanish and American cinemas.
The most renowned movie for which she has been known globally is Spain’s most famous film, “Lucia y el Sexo.” Vega’s performance in “Carmen,” a film adaptation of the essential opera by Bizet, was also phenomenal.
Her outstanding performance in the English romantic comedy-drama “Spanglish,” starring opposite Adam Sandler, made her known internationally. Over time, many internationally acclaimed directors chose her as their first pick to portray vital roles in their movies, highlighting her growing popularity.
Early life and education
Vega was born on January 2, 1976, in Seville, Andalusia, Spain. She attended high school at Instituto de Educación Secundaria Galileo Galilei in Madrid, Spain.
Paz always had an interest in performance and drama, so after high school, she decided to pursue a career in acting. She attended the Centro Andaluz de Teatro, a prominent drama school in Seville, and graduated with their equivalent of a BA in dramatic arts.
Focused on her acting career, Paz left her university studies in Journalism to pursue an acting profession, where she excelled.
Vega’s first professional acting appearance was in the popular Spanish television series “Más que amigos” in 1997, followed by a succession of leading and supporting parts in other Spanish soap operas including “Compañeros” and “Más y más”.
Vega’s breakout performance came in the 2001 Spanish drama “Lucia y El Sexo”. The drama touches on various themes, including romance, sexuality, and philosophical questions. It won several prestigious awards, including the Goya Award for the Best Original Screenplay. For her performance in this movie, Vega won a multitude of accolades, such as countless film festival awards around the globe.
After arriving in Hollywood, she played pivotal roles along with many high-profile actors in numerous films besides “Spanglish,” including “the Spirit”(2008),“the Human Contract”(2008),” Grace of Monaco” (2014).
Her latest movie “I’m So Excited! directed by Pedro Almodovar highlights another way she has cemented her name as a legend in Spanish cinema. This movie landed once again in the midst of global laughter and praise.
Paz Vega has had many accomplishments in her career, one of the most critical is winning best actress for “Sex and Lucia” in 2001 at the 16th Annual Goya Awards. She also gained several nominations for the prestigious award, including Best Supporting Actress for Pedro Almodovar’s “All About My Mother,” “Hable Con Ella.”
In addition to the above recognition, she received Best Actress honors for her acting in several international film festivals.
Although people usually remark on this actress’s physical appearance, she is one of the most well-regarded talents due to her hard work and expertise. Through all her performances and other projects, he manages to sustain her position as one of the greatest actresses to date in cinema, known for both her versatility and depth.
Paz Vega has managed to establish herself as among the finest names in cinema and entertained the world with her captivating roles and on-screen charm. Her passion created lasting gifts for us all to enjoy. With an impressive record of critically and commercially successful movies, hitting international recognition, and a phenomenal reputation that precedes her, Paz Vega’s career continues to thrive even today.
Interesting Facts about Paz Vega
- Took her surname Vega from her grandmother.
- Majored in journalism, but dropped out of college after two years to pursue an acting career.
- After two years at the acting school, she moved to Madrid, where she worked in bars while auditioning for every gig she heard about.
- Was a television star before making it in movies.
- Her husband Orson Salazar is Venezuelan. They met while vacationing on a Spanish island.
- Her stage name translated into English means 'peace meadow'.
- Got an "Introducing" credit for Spanglish (2004), despite it being her 13th film.
- Spanish citizen.
- Her father was a bullfighter.
- Ranked #85 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Her younger sister is a flamenco dancer.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 31, a son named Orson Salazar Jr. (b. May 2, 2007). Child's father is her husband Orson Salazar.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 33, a daughter named Ava Salazar (b. July 17, 2009). Child's father is her husband Orson Salazar.
- Gave birth to her 3rd child at age 34, a son named Lenon Salazar (b. August 13, 2010). Child's father is her husband Orson Salazar.
- Has joined the cast of the Spanish series Lex (2008) for 4 episodes. [July 2008]
- Sister of Sara Vega.
- Was the winner of the Spanish version of the Korean celebrity singing show The Masked Singer in 2020.