Basic Information About Richard Hammond
|Category||Athletes › Race Car Drivers|
|Professions||Journalist, Presenter, Radio personality, Author, Writer, Voice Actor, Television producer, Screenwriter, Stunt Performer|
|Date of birth||1969-12-19 (53 years old)|
|Place of birth||Solihull|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Not even being a real Hamster.|
|Spouse||Mindy Hammond - (4 May 2002 - present) (2 children)|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.702 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Youtube ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Richard Hammond win?
Richard Hammond awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|RTS Television Award - Best Presenter||Nominee||Top Gear||2007|
Richard Hammond roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|The Grand Tour||Self - Presenter / ... 42 episodes, 2016-2021|
|Top Gear||Self - Presenter / ... 230 episodes, 2002-2021|
|Phineas and Ferb||Nigel 1 episode, 2013|
|Would I Lie to You?||Self 1 episode, 2015|
|Good Morning Britain||Self - Guest / ... 3 episodes, 2016-2019|
|The Late Late Show with James Corden||Self 1 episode, 2016|
|Loose Women||Self 3 episodes, 2008-2016|
|8 Out of 10 Cats||Self 1 episode, 2013|
|The One Show||Self - Guest / ... 8 episodes, 2008-2021|
Richard Hammond's Quotes
- Now, personally, I like a car with some sort of character.
- No action hero is more closely associated with cars than James Bond.
- It's not just the kid who's spent every penny from his job to upgrade his car to tell the world he cares about sports cars, it's also the person driving around in a fuel-conscious hybrid electric car, because it's more a message to the world than an effective means of saving fuel, to be quite honest.
- And I like pygmy goats, because they're just lovely, and ducks.
- I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity, impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities that make me the loveable chap I am.
A Closer Look at Richard Hammond: Net Worth, Career, and More
Richard Hammond is an English presenter, writer, and journalist known for his captivating personality and extensive knowledge of cars. With a net worth of $45 million dollars, he has established himself as one of the most successful figures in the entertainment industry. Let’s delve into his biography, achievements, and personal life to get a better understanding of this remarkable celebrity.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Richard Mark Hammond was born on December 19, 1969, in Solihull, Warwickshire. As a child, he developed a fascination with automobiles, which laid the foundation for his future career. Hammond attended Ripon Grammar School and Harrogate College of Art and Technology.
After completing his education, Hammond embarked on his journey in the world of radio. He worked for various BBC radio stations across the country, including Radio Cleveland, Radio York, Radio Cumbria, Radio Leeds, and Radio Newcastle. It was during his time at Radio Lancashire that he met motoring journalist Zogg Zieglar, who played a significant role in shaping Hammond’s career.
Encouraged by Zieglar, Hammond explored the world of motoring reviews on television. Little did he know that this would be the stepping stone to his immense success.
Nurturing His Passion for Cars
In 2002, Richard Hammond auditioned for the British motor program ‘Top Gear,’ a show that would catapult him into the limelight. He impressed the producers and soon became a presenter on the revamped show.
Hammond’s charisma and deep knowledge about cars quickly endeared him to both the audience and his fellow presenters, Jeremy Clarkson and James May. Viewers were captivated by his small stature, earning him the nickname “The Hamster.” He embraced this nickname by incorporating hamster-like behavior into his on-screen antics, which only added to his appeal.
However, Hammond faced a life-changing incident in 2006 when he was involved in a high-speed dragster crash while filming for ‘Top Gear.’ The crash left him in a coma for two weeks, followed by post-traumatic amnesia and memory loss. Despite the challenges he faced, Hammond displayed immense resilience and made a remarkable recovery.
Other Television Work
Diversifying His Portfolio
While ‘Top Gear’ played a pivotal role in Hammond’s career, he didn’t limit himself to just one show. He became a presenter of the entertaining documentary show ‘Brainiac: Science Abuse’ in 2003. This endeavor further showcased his wit and ability to engage audiences.
Throughout his career, Hammond also presented a variety of shows and specials, showcasing his versatility as a host. From ‘Total Wipeout’ to ‘Richard Hammond’s Journey to the Centre of the Planet,’ he has proven his ability to tackle a wide range of topics.
What is Richard Hammond Known For?
Achievements and Accolades
Beyond his success as a presenter, Richard Hammond has garnered numerous accolades throughout his career. He has received awards for his work on ‘Top Gear,’ including the National Television Awards’ Most Popular Factual Program award.
Hammond’s passion for cars extends beyond the screen. His love for Porsche cars, particularly the Porsche 911, has been well-documented. Having owned several models, he considers the Pagani Zonda the ultimate supercar. Additionally, his collection includes several American muscle cars, such as a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T and a 1967 Ford Mustang GT 390.
Personal Life and Net Worth
A Glimpse into Hammond’s World
Richard Hammond has been married to Amanda ‘Mindy’ Hammond (née Etheridge) since May 2002. Amanda is a columnist for the Daily Express, adding a sense of balance to his adventurous life.
Aside from his love for cars, Hammond is an avid animal lover. He owns a wide range of animals, including horses, dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, sheep, and even a peacock. This passion for animals reflects his nurturing nature outside of the entertainment industry.
With an estimated net worth of $45 million dollars, Richard Hammond has undoubtedly made a mark in the world of television. His annual salary of $7 million further contributes to his success and financial stability. This remarkable achievement is a testament to his talent and dedication to his craft.
In conclusion, Richard Hammond’s career has been defined by his infectious enthusiasm for cars and captivating on-screen presence. From his early days in radio to becoming a household name on ‘Top Gear’ and his diverse television projects, he has definitely left an indelible mark in the entertainment industry. With his shining net worth and continued success, Richard Hammond continues to inspire aspiring hosts and entertainers around the world.
Interesting Facts about Richard Hammond
- Motoring enthusiast and TV presenter.
- He eventually landed his dream job as a TV presenter on a motoring show but, alas, the show was on cable TV where the cameramen regularly outnumbered the viewers. Top Gear thought it daft to waste all that genuine petrolhead enthusiasm, so they gave him a job on proper telly.
- Has 2 daughters, Isabella, nicknamed Izzy, and Willow.
- Lives just outside Cheltenham with his wife, two daughters, three horses, four dogs, two cats, a rabbit and handful of chickens.
- Went to Sharmans Cross school and Solihull School.
- Writes a motoring column in the British tabloid newspaper, the Daily Mirror.
- Drives a Morgan +8 Roadster (His dream car)
- Owns a Labradoodle and coincidentally, presented Crufts 2005 on the BBC.
- November 2004 bought a 1969 Dodge Charger 440 R/T
- Started out on BBC Radio Cumbria.
- While filming for a new series of Top Gear (2002) on September 20th 2006, he was seriously injured when the jet car he was driving overturned. He was cut out of the vehicle and removed by air ambulance to Hospital. Despite suffering a "serious brain injury" he left intensive care and entered a private hospital within 10 days.
- Unlike the other two hosts, Richard's idea of a good holiday is camping in the rain in the English Lake District.
- Daily driver: Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
- Went to art college. When asked what he wanted to do with his degree, he replied "attract girls".
- First car: Toyota Corolla Liftback. He crashed it.
- Some of the cars he has owned: Ford mustang GT 390, Bentley S1, Dodge charger R/T, Jaguar E-type, Porsche 911 SC, Range Rover classic, Land Rover defender 110, BMW 850Ci, Porsche 928, Porsche 911 carrera S, Fiat 500, Dodge Challenger SRT-8, Morgan aeromax, Lamborghini Gallardo LP-560-4 spyder, Aston Martin DBS volante, Porsche 911 GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Lagonda 2-litre supercharged, Opel kadett (named Oliver), Morgan V6 roadster.
- The Amazon's car-themed TV show "The Grand Tour" host Richard Hammond was in a serious crash while filming in Switzerland June 10, 2017, but escaped serious injury. Hammond crashed a Rimac Concept One electric super car after completing the Hamburg Hill climb in the alpine country. Hammond "was conscious and talking, and climbed out of the car himself before the vehicle burst into flames.
- Born on exactly the same date as Kristy Swanson (of "Deadly Friend" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fame).