Basic Information About Sam Worthington
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Film Producer|
|Date of birth||1976-08-02 (47 years old)|
|Place of birth||Godalming|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Frequently works with director James Cameron|
|Spouse||Lara Bingle - (28 December 2014 - present) (2 children)|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Sam Worthington win?
Sam Worthington roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Clash of the Titans||Perseus|
|Wrath of the Titans||Perseus|
|Terminator Salvation||Marcus Wright|
|The Titan||Lt. Rick Janssen|
|Hacksaw Ridge||Captain Glover|
|The Shack||Mack Phillips|
|The Debt||Young David|
|Man on a Ledge||Nick Cassidy|
|Texas Killing Fields||Mike Souder|
|Sabotage||James 'Monster' Murray|
|Hart's War||Cpl. B.J. 'Depot' Guidry|
|The Hunter's Prayer||Lucas|
|Manhunt||Jim 'Fitz' Fitzgerald 7 episodes, 2017|
|JAG||Dunsmore 1 episode, 2000|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 5 episodes, 2010-2017|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2012|
|Conan||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2012|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2011-2012|
|Blue Heelers||Shane Donovan 1 episode, 2000|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2010-2012|
Sam Worthington's Quotes
- I also care that the public are getting their 12 dollars' worth when they go to a movie, and that they're not coming out not wanting to ever see a movie with me in it again. I don't care what people think of me as a person, but I do care what people think of my work, and whether I'm investing enough into it. [Empire magazine, October 2006].
- A mate of mine told me recently, 'It's the first time I've seen you work, Worthington.' I thought that was quite funny, but he was right. [Empire magazine, October 2006]
- [on Avatar (2009)] It's gotta hell of a lotta hype, I read all what was said yesterday about the trailer. I can see their point, but as I said, it's not meant to be built for an Apple Mac, it's built for IMAX, it's built for 3D, that's what he's designed it for. He's designed it to bring people back to the cinema. It's interesting that he's released that trailer and the next day, he shows it on IMAX. It's one extreme to the other. We get the criticism and then we get the rave reviews of what it really looks like in its own formula. That's obviously going to get people to think and go, "Damn right! I'm going to go and see this at the cinema". Jim has always said to me that he wants to bring people back to the movies, and he's a smart enough man for that to be tactical.
- [on his role in Clash of the Titans (2010)] Oh I want to do it exactly the same. That guy's gonna come after me... no, I had a take on Perseus that I said to Louie and he went with it and the studio kind of liked my take, and we'll see if it works.
- [on the Terminator Franchise] Well, I reacquainted myself with the movies, obviously, before we started, but I would have been actually 15 or something when Terminator 2 came out. So you remember the liquid man, of course, and that was revolutionary for this time, going through the helicopter and all that. But I think what they do is they showcase how good a storyteller Jim is.
The Astonishing Net Worth of Sam Worthington
Sam Worthington is a popular Australian actor, known for his diverse acting roles. He has been featured in some of the most significant blockbusters in Hollywood, including ‘Avatar,’ ‘Terminator Salvation,’ and ‘Clash of the Titans.’ Looking at his career trajectory, it’s evident that he has come a long way and achieved amazing heights. His net worth reveals the story of his success. Sam Worthington’s net worth is currently estimated to be around $30 million, as per the reports of Celebrity Net Worth.
Early Life and an Entrepreneurial Mindset
Samuel Henry John Worthington was born on August 2, 1976, in Godalming, Surrey, England. But he moved to Perth, Western Australia, with his family when he was just six months old. There, he grew up in Warnbro, a suburb of Perth, along with his sister Lucinda. From a very young age, Worthington displayed an entrepreneurial mindset as he began working multiple jobs to support himself.
He attended the John Curtin College that specialized in dramatic arts but left before graduation and worked odd jobs like construction. After an audition for the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA), he received a scholarship to pursue acting and further hone his talent.
The Journey Towards Worldwide Fame
Sam Worthington initiated his acting career in the Australian film industry with the dance movie ‘Bootmen.’ He then starred in smaller budget Australian comedies like ‘Gettin’ Square’ and ‘Somersault,’ which earned him critical acclaim and put him in the limelight in Australia. But it was his performance in the television series ‘Love My Way’ that brought him into the spotlight overseas.
He earned his first international role in Hollywood as a part of the cast of ‘The Great Raid.’ However, his career intensified after being featured in James Cameron’s ‘Avatar.’ It was a cinch that ‘Avatar’ changed everything for Worthington, opening numerous doors to other incredible opportunities.
‘Avatar’ – The Record-Breaking Film
‘Avatar’ was a much-awaited film from the award-winning director James Cameron. Released in 2009, it broke all box-office records, earning more than $3.3 billion ($2.7 billion at that time) worldwide. Sam Worthington had given his career-best performance in this science fiction film, and it brought him international fame.
Before landing his role in ‘Avatar,’ Worthington sold most of his possessions for around $2,000 and was living in his car; this is the inspiring story of his rise to the top.
More Successes and On-Screen Achievements
After achieving unfathomable success through ‘Avatar,’ Sam Worthington starred in another action-packed Hollywood flick, ‘Clash of The Titans.’ Afterward, he reprised the role of Perseus in the sequel, ‘Wrath of The Titans.’ His acting talents took him on to play leading roles in various Hollywood films including’ Last Night,’ ‘Sabotage,’ ‘Everest,’ etc.
Sam Worthington had also lent his voice for the famous game ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops.’
Personal Life and Real Estate
Sam Worthington married the popular Australian actress Lara Bingle in December 2014, and they have been blessed with two sons named Rocket Zot and Racer. They currently reside and own properties in both Australia and the United States.
In May 2018, Sam and Lara purchased a luxury mansion in Los Angeles for $8 million, which they listed for sale in February 202. The stunner home was eventually sold for a slightly lower price of $8.2 million in May 2021.
Sam Worthington has proved his versatility in the entertainment world and given his audience some unforgettable portrayals. He exceptionally showcases his charismatic personality, and this combined with his robust performances makes him one of the most sought-after actors in Hollywood. Sam Worthington’s success story is an inspiration for those seeking to carve out remarkable careers in any field.
Interesting Facts about Sam Worthington
- He won a scholarship to the John Curtin School of Performing Arts in Fremantle, WA.
- Said in an interview with Rove McManus that he had no intention of becoming an actor and went to NIDA to support a friend but was pushed through and got through. His friend did not get into NIDA.
- Was in the same class as Matthew Newton, the son of TV personalities Bert Newton and Patty Newton.
- Was a finalist to play James Bond in Casino Royale (2006) before Daniel Craig was cast.
- Was a bricklayer before becoming an actor.
- Boyfriend of Maeve Dermody for 2 years.
- In 1998, Sam graduated from the National Institute of Dramatic Arts (NIDA).
- Sam has blurred vision but he does not wear glasses.
- Aside from acting, Sam is a keen surfer.
- His favourite artists include Xavier Rudd and Bernard Fanning.
- In 2009, he got his first Teen Choice Award nomination for Choice Movie Fresh Face Male for Terminator Salvation (2009).
- Sam was once described as one of Australia's most likable young leading men by efilmcritic.com.
- Won the "GQ Man of the Year" award in Australia in 2009, over Eric Bana and Russell Crowe.
- Born in Godalming Surrey, England. Parents moved to Perth, Western Australia when Sam was very young.
- Was stylist Natalie Mark's boyfriend, 2008-2011.
- Grew up in Rockingham in Western Australia about 1 hour drive from Perth.
- Was cast in Avatar (2009) after Jake Gyllenhaal and Matt Damon turned down the role.
- 2010: Named Australia's Most Stylish Male Celebrity by 'Madison' magazine.
- Made his Hollywood acting debut in JAG: Boomerang: Part 1 (2000), which was the show's 100th episode.
- Sam was the recipient of the Australians in Film 2009 Breakthrough Award (The Golden Boomerang) presented to him by James Cameron.