Basic Information About Tina Majorino
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1985-02-07 (38 years old)|
|Place of birth||Westlake|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Often portrayed children in the midst of a dramatic, life-changing event|
As a child, she frequently appeared in films that were set in time periods other than the present.
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.65 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Tina Majorino win?
Tina Majorino roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Veronica Mars||Cindy 'Mac' Mackenzie|
|When a Man Loves a Woman||Jess Green|
|Corrina, Corrina||Molly Singer|
|Grey's Anatomy||Dr. Heather Brooks 22 episodes, 2012-2013|
|Into the Dark||Jenny 1 episode, 2020|
|Veronica Mars||Cindy 'Mac' Mackenzie 33 episodes, 2004-2007|
|Bones||Special Agent Genevieve Shaw 3 episodes, 2011-2012|
|Etheria||Erin 1 episode, 2020|
|Big Love||Heather Tuttle 26 episodes, 2006-2011|
|Legends||Maggie Harris 10 episodes, 2014|
|True Women||Young Euphemia Ashby unknown episodes|
|Castle||Reese Harmon 1 episode, 2011|
|True Blood||Molly 6 episodes, 2012|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 1995-1997|
Tina Majorino's Quotes
- "I hope that they see this film as sweet and endearing, and I hope that they take away that being yourself is the most important thing, not trying to be something that you're not. Whether that means that you're a popular kid or a geek like the kids in the movie, being true to yourself is worth more than any money you can ever have." - When asked what she hoped audiences would take away from watching Napoleon Dynamite. (From Venice Magazine June 2004)
- "No, because I chose to have the childhood that I had. I was not pushed into the business by anything other than my own ambition and my own dream of wanting to act. And I think that even though I don't have a bunch of cool stories about those great proms, I have great stories of my own about places that I've gone to that a lot of people have never gotten to go to. I'm so grateful for the experiences I've had. I've had great opportunities, and have met great people. I'm completely satisfied with how I grew up and the choices I made." - When asked whether or not she felt that she missed out on a normal childhood. (From Venice Magazine June 2004)
Tina Majorino – A Talented Actress With a Multidimensional Career
With a net worth of $1.5 million, Tina Majorino is a renowned American actress known for her successful career filled with versatility and diversity. She has worked hard to maintain the position she earned in Hollywood. Tina has appeared on various TV shows, films and has also given her voice in animated series. She has always caught the audience’s attention with her hard-hitting dramas and witty comedies. Let’s take a closer look at her life, career, and achievements.
Tina Marie Majorino was born in February 1985 in Westlake California. Her acting debut was at a very young age of just five when she appeared in an episode of ABC TGIF show. From there onwards, she continued performing and honing her acting skills in the coming years.
What is Tina Majorino Known For?
Tina’s famous roles include Sophie Wilder from the TV series Camp Wilder, as Deb in Napoleon Dynamite, Cindy ‘Mac’ Mackenzie in Veronica Mars, and Ned’s girl-next-door crush, Alice, on Pushing Daisies. As an adult actress, she starred on TV dramas like True Blood and Grey’s Anatomy, Beyond that she has also appeared in notable films such as Corrina, Corrina, and Andre while other performances include her work as Maggie in Legendsand most recently in Into the Dark.
Early life and education
Tina Majorino has never revealed much about her early life and education to the public. Whether she enjoyed school as a child or faced any difficulties during her formative years, is still unknown.
Tina Majorino started her career with TV shows and continued to make frequent appearances until 1994 when she got her first major film role with the movie, “When A Man Loves A Woman.” Tina Majorino appeared in movies like, “Waterworld,” “Andre,” and “Corrina, Corrina” in the following years. In the late 199s, Majorino took a break from acting but made a remarkable comeback in 2004 with a breakthrough role as Deb in “Napoleon Dynamite,” where she delivered her lines flawlessly and humorously. Her performance in the film critically acclaimed and immediately captured fans of all ages attention. In 2006, She went on to star as Heather Tuttle on HBO drama series Big Love for which she received immense praise. Following that, she played the main role in ABC drama The Deep End along with other notable TV roles.
Awards and Nominations
Tina Majorino’s talent and skill have not gone unnoticed by the industry, as she has been nominated thrice for the young artist award and was also nominated for the Teen Choice Award. Her performances have been universally praised across some of the most popular TV dramas such as Big Love, Veronic Mars, Grey’s Anatomy and many Movies.
The Most significant achievements of Tina Majorino are her critically acclaimed performances, whether it be in big or small screens, which have won loads of recognition from viewers and entertainment industry critics alike. Her work as an actress continues to get better over time as she diversifies herself beyond camera roles. Tina has been mentored by the likes of Francis Ford Coppola and starred in many projects that have garnered significant positive critical attention. All of these credentials have made her a favorite pick for various directors in Hollywood, fetching her some incredible opportunities.
From taking a break in the late 199s to bringing her inner depth to television shows like Big Love and Grey’s Anatomy her versatility reflects on her diverse roles. Tina Majorino is one of those actresses who you love seeing on screen. She keeps busy with inspiring projects and in doing so continues to produce a good body of quality work that has earned her critical acclaim. Keeping up despite the drastic changes in the industry is not an easy feat, but Tina has accomplished so while constantly enhancing her craft. Fans look forward to seeing what she’ll bring to our screens next.
Interesting Facts about Tina Majorino
- Has a black belt in the martial art of Tang Soo Do
- Has an older brother named Kevin
- Parents: Sarah and Bob Majorino
- Started singing before she could talk. Has been a trained Opera Singer since the age of 7 and still studies it.
- Celebrity Judge for UCLA Spring Sing 2005
- Once in a band - The AM Project
- Enjoys surfing and running.
- Graduated from high school at 15 years old.
- Was voted #42 on the E! Networks "50 Cutest Child Stars All Grown Up".
- Just like her character Mac on Veronica Mars (2004), she is a techno geek- she owns 5 computers. She adores playing "Mac", especially because of the constant hair color changes!
- Performs several songs on the Alice in Wonderland (1999) album.
- She has a potentially life-threatening allergy to peanuts and related nuts.
- Met Veronica Mars (2004) creator Rob Thomas when she e-mailed him at thirteen years old about a report she had to write on one of his books. They eventually met and vowed to work together. When Majorino returned to acting five years later in Napoleon Dynamite (2004), Thomas wrote her the role of computer geek Mac in "Veronica Mars."
- Her father is of half Italian, one quarter Cuban, and one quarter French, descent. Her mother has English and German ancestry.
- Appears in the music video for Pink's single, "F**in' Perfect".
- Born on the same date as Deborah Ann Woll.