Basic Information About Tucker Carlson
|Full Name||Tucker Carlson|
|Category||Politicians › Republicans|
|Professions||Talk show host, Commentator, Editor, Journalist, Writer, Actor|
|Date of birth||1969-05-16 (54 years old)|
|Place of birth||San Francisco|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Bow tie|
|Father||Richard Warner Carlson|
|Siblings||Buckley Swanson Peck Carlson|
|Spouse||Susan Carlson - (10 August 1991 - present) (4 children)|
|Kids||Hopie Carlson, Buckley Carlson, Lillie Carlson, Dorothy Carlson|
|Height||6 ft (1.854 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ Imdb|
What Movie Awards did Tucker Carlson win?
Tucker Carlson's Quotes
- On the September 25, 2003 Crossfire (1982), Carlson said, "Score one for any yuppie community. They've won the right to trample on free speech. Congress is bypassing yesterday's court ruling to put the national do-not-call list on hold and today, passed a new law designed to hang up on telemarketers once and for all. When callers-in dared him to give out his own phone number, Carlson gave a phone number and said, "You can reach me there any time. That's fine. I've defended telemarketers. Feel free to call me. Someone is always there. But the next day, September 26, 2003, he had to confess, "Well, on yesterday's program on telemarketing, some of you may have seen it. I jokingly gave out what I said was my home phone number. In fact, it was the main number of the Washington bureau of the Fox News Channel. I thought it was funny. Fox did not think it was funny. Apparently, many of our viewers called that number, hoping to speak to me. Instead, they reached a grouchy Fox switchboard operator. Well, to our viewers, I'm sorry I gave you that bad information, even in jest. Last night, Fox responded by posting on its Web site my unlisted home phone number, the phone number where my wife and four small children often answer the phone, as they did last night, during dinner, when the first of several hundred Fox viewers called to scream obscenities at them into the phone. Fox had every right to be annoyed by what I did, amusing as I thought it was. They had no right to invade my privacy or to enable their followers to threaten my family. [from the CNN.com transcripts]
- [Asked by Elle magazine, "If you had to spend the rest of your life as a woman, who would you be?"] "Elizabeth Birch of the Human Rights Campaign, because you'd be presiding over an organization of thousands of lesbians, some of them quite good-looking." [The follow-up question: "What do women want?"] "They want to be listened to, protected, and amused. And they want to be spanked vigorously every once in a while."
- [on the September 26, 2003 Crossfire (1982), he told James Carville of North Carolina Senator John Edwards, who became the running mate of John Kerry in the 2004 presidential campaign:] "John Edwards might have been a promising senator. Now, his political career is over. You're not even going to respond to that, because you know it's true. ... He's not going to be the nominee and he's not running for the Senate again. ... He'll go back to chasing ambulances" [from CNN.com transcript].
- I am the sworn enemy of lying, pomposity, smugness, and group think.[regular tag line for his news show, 2018]
Tucker Carlson: A Political Commentator, Author, and TV Personality
Tucker Carlson, an American political commentator, author, and TV personality, is a well-known figure in the media industry. With a net worth of $30 million, he has made his mark through his work on various television networks and online platforms.
Net Worth Details
What is Tucker Carlson’s net worth and salary? As of now, Tucker Carlson’s net worth is estimated to be around $30 million. His career in the media has contributed significantly to his wealth. From 200 to 2005, Tucker worked as a commentator for CNN. He then hosted a show on MSNBC from 2005 to 2008 before joining Fox News in 2009. In 2016, he started hosting his own nightly talk show called ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’ on Fox News.
On April 24, 2023, Tucker was fired from Fox News, which came as a shock to many in the media industry. The firing happened just one week after Fox paid a hefty settlement amount of $787.5 million to Dominion Voting Systems in a defamation lawsuit. Interestingly, on the same day, Don Lemon was also abruptly fired from CNN, adding to the mysterious nature of these events.
Even outside of television, Tucker has ventured into various business endeavors. He is the co-founder of the popular website ‘The Daily Caller’ and has also established himself as a published author and columnist.
What is Tucker Carlson known for?
Tucker Carlson is widely recognized for his conservative views and thought-provoking commentary. Throughout his career, he has voiced his opinions on several controversial topics and engaged in passionate discussions with guests on his shows.
Early life and education
Tucker was born in San Francisco but spent most of his childhood in Southern California. His father, Richard Warner Carlson, was a notable news anchor and ambassador to the Seychelles. However, Tucker’s parents separated when he was six years old. When he turned ten, his father remarried Patricia Caroline Swanson, who came from a wealthy background due to her family’s frozen foods empire.
For his higher education, Tucker attended Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, where he earned a degree in history in 1991.
Tucker’s career in journalism began with print publications such as Policy Review and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. He then transitioned into column writing for esteemed publications like Reader’s Digest, New York Magazine, Esquire, The Weekly Standard, The New Republic, The New York Times Magazine, and The Daily Beast.
However, it was his role as one of the hosts of the CNN panel discussion program called Crossfire that propelled him into the media spotlight. Often representing right-wing perspectives, Tucker gained recognition for his distinct conservative views during his time on Crossfire. Notably, his interview with comedian Jon Stewart is believed to have played a significant role in the cancellation of Crossfire shortly after.
Following his stint at CNN, Tucker continued his media journey by working for MSNBC and eventually landing a position at Fox News. In 2017, he took over the vacant slot left by Bill O’Reilly and became the host of ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight.’ The show quickly gained popularity and became the highest-rated show on Fox News. With an average nightly viewership of 3.4 million, Tucker outperformed his competitors on CNN and MSNBC combined.
Throughout his career, Tucker has achieved numerous milestones and garnered a loyal following of viewers. His work has earned him recognition in the form of awards and accolades. As an influential conservative commentator, his impact on public discourse cannot be denied.
Tucker Carlson’s career as a political commentator, author, and TV personality has made a significant impact in the media industry. With a net worth of $30 million, he has achieved success through his conservative views and thought-provoking commentary. Despite recent developments in his professional life, Tucker continues to be a prominent figure in the media landscape.
Whether you agree with his views or not, Tucker Carlson’s presence remains influential, leaving a lasting impression on viewers and readers alike.
Interesting Facts about Tucker Carlson
- Father, with Susan Carlson, of four children: Lillie, Buckley, Hopie, and Dorothy.
- Fox News contributor.
- Senior fellow, Cato Institute.
- Editor/founder (in 2009) of DailyCaller.com.
- Former contributing editor at New York Magazine.
- Contributor, Esquire Magazine.
- Miami, FL, USA; He is the founder and editor in chief of The Daily Caller, a 24-hour news site committed to providing its audience with original reporting, thought-provoking commentary, and breaking news. [April 2009]
- Fox News Contributor [February 2009]
- Lost his job as co-host of CNN's Crossfire (1982). Hosting his own weekly half-hour talk show on PBS, Tucker Carlson: Unfiltered (2004). [January 2005]
- Co-host of Fox and Friends (1998) Weekend [2013-2016)].
- Named host of his own show, "Tucker Carlson Tonight" (2016) [November 3, 2016].
- Suffered an appendicitis [June 16, 2017].
- Son of former American journalist and U.S. Ambassador (1991-1992) to the Seychelles Dick Carlson.
- He is of Swedish, English, German, Scottish, Irish, Swiss-Italian, Portuguese, and distant Dutch, descent.
Additional information of Tucker Carlson
|Best Match for Marriage||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|Hair Color||Light brown|