Basic Information About Adam Pascal
|Celebrities › Actors
|Singer, Actor, Musician
|Date of birth
|1970-10-25 (53 years old)
|Place of birth
|United States of America
|Curiosities and Trademarks
|19 December - Cybele Chivian ( 1998 - present) (2 children)
|5 ft 11 in (1.82 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb
What Movie Awards did Adam Pascal win?
Adam Pascal awards
|Movie / Series Name
|OFTA Film Award - Best Music, Adapted Song
Adam Pascal's Quotes
- I am definitely less green than I was back then. What I meant by that was that I wasn't an actor and really at that point had no intention of continuing to pursue acting. What I did in "Rent" was just very natural. From day one I just connected to the role and the music and I think that's why I was successful in it.
- Rent'll allow me to get my own apartment. I've always mooched off of girlfriends.
- "When I was doing the play, it was hard for me to understand why people reacted so strongly to it. I thought it was great, but I didn't understand until I left why it had such a visceral impact. Now I know that when you watch it, whatever your individual issues are, you feel like a little bit of something has been lifted off your shoulders. And that's so rare." (About his experiences in Rent)
- Ignorance is bliss. I wish I still had some.
- Of course, I was like most people saying, 'Oh, that's crazy,' and to a certain extent it is crazy. But where it's true is that music effects you on a spiritual level. You're either going to convey positively or negatively when it comes to that. If your message is a dark message, no, you're not responsible for somebody killing themselves, that's ridiculous, but you should take responsibility for the spiritual connection that your music is going to make with somebody and whether it's going to make a positive or dark spiritual connection. [on whether Marilyn Manson's music has a dark influence on teenagers' lives]
The Versatile Adam Pascal
Adam Pascal is a recognized name in the entertainment industry, having made his mark as an actor, singer, and musician. The Bronx-born artist has had a history of success on stage, film, and television. With his charming personality, he has accumulated a net worth of $2 million.
What is Adam Pascal known for?
Pascal began his career in acting and singing when he was only eighteen. He started as a rock musician and then transitioned into musical theatre. He gained his acclaim after his remarkable performance in the Broadway musical production of Rent in 1996. This performance earned him a theatre world award and was nominated for Tony Award, becoming an instant hit on Broadway.
Early life and education
Adam Pascal was born in October 197 in the Bronx and grew up in Syosset, New York. His parents were devout Catholics and working-class people. Growing up, he loved singing and listening to various music genres ranging from rock, pop to classical music. Adam came of age during the hay-day of 80s rock in America.
Pascal dropped out of Syosset High School in his senior year, obtaining a GED, to pursue music full-time with his band “Mute.” He played numerous gigs around Long Island before transitioning away from rock and forming a different band with styles more equally aligned with Pascal’s growing love for musical theater.
Pascal is best known for his role in the production of Rent and its 2005 movie adaptation “Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway”, where he played the lead character of “Roger Davis.” He has received recognition and honor for his work on stage such as a Tony Award nomination, among other awards. Some of his notable performances include Roger Davis (both on Broadway and the 2005 movie adaptation of Rent), Radames in Aida, Huey Calhoun in Memphis, and the Emcee in Cabaret.
Adam Pascal has released two solo albums “Model Prisoner” and “Civilian.” On social media, he connects with his followers by sharing original music and hosting #SoFarSaturdays over Instagram or Facebook Live, where he shares performances of songs in an intimate home concert-set.
Pascal has been nominated for several awards throughout his career and gained recognition from critics and viewers alike due to his incredible depth and shared love for music theater classics while cementing his place among rising stars in the musical theater industry. He has won Fans’ Choice Award, Broadway.com Audience Award and Theatre World Award. Adam Pascal has also been nominated twice for a Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards for best ensemble cast of “School of Rock,” and Overall Performance in Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway.
Adam Pascal is a talented performer who has made considerable achievements in his career. His versatility and talent have created a lasting impression in the entertainment industry.
Recognizing his growth process from rock to musical theatre shows that whether he is performing as a rocker, singing catchy show tunes, or spinning intricate lyrical webs as a singer-songwriter, Adam always connects emotionally with his listeners and cuts through the daily noise of life. He leaves an indelible mark on the craft that he loves.
Interesting Facts about Adam Pascal
- His son, Lennon Jay Pascal, was born on October 19, 2001.
- Solo album, "Model Prisoner", released on Sh-K-Boom Records in 2000.
- Was on the cover of Newsweek with his "Rent" co-star Daphne Rubin Vega, who played opposite him as 'Mimi Marquez' in the original Broadway cast.
- His second son, Montgomery Lovell Pascal, was born on February 6, 2004.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1996 Tony Award as Best Actor (Musical) for "Rent," but lost to Nathan Lane in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum."
- Released his second solo album on Sh-K-boom records, "Civilian", on November 2nd 2004, the day of the presidential election
- Received the 1996 Theatre World and Obie Awards, as well as nominations for the 1996 Tony and Drama Desk awards for Best Actor in a Musical. 
- When he was first cast in Rent, producers had just one problem: he always sang with his eyes closed. They brought it to his attention; he's never done it since.
- His character from Rent, Roger, is modeled after the poet Rodolfo, from Puccini's La Boheme.
- Graduated from Syosset High School, along with Natalie Portman, Idina Menzel, and Judd Apatow.
- CD released with collaborator Larry Edoff, on BlindingLightLLC. Titled Blinding Light, Adam sings lead on 11 out of the 12 tracks. [May 2008]
- Adam and Larry are currently working on a new CD of Broadway songs set to be released some time 2010. 
- On tour across the Northeast with Larry Edoff. 
- Is touring with piano player Larry Edoff to promote new CD "Blinding Light" on Sh-K-Boom Records, set to release on April 30, 2008. [February 2008]
- Playing music from his new album, Civilian, around New York City. [October 2004]
- School of Rock (2003) with Jack Black, as Theo [October 2003]
- About to start filming "Rent" movie in San Francisco as Roger Davis. 
- He created the role of Radames in the 2000 Original Broadway Cast of Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida with Heather Headley. He later returned June 28, 2004 to reprise the role through, September 5, 2004 when Aida played its final performance, ending its triumphant four and a half year run. 
- His new CD, working title of Me And Larry, is still in production and should be releasing in January 2008. [September 2007]
- Extended his return to Rent with Anthony Rapp for an extra four weeks (through September). New CD to be released October 2007. [September 2007]