What Movie Awards did Ana de la Reguera win?
Ana de la Reguera roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Army of the Dead||Cruz|
|The Forever Purge||Adela|
|Nacho Libre||Sister Encarnación|
|Cowboys & Aliens||Maria (as Ana De La Reguera)|
|The Book of Life||Skeleton Carmen (voice)|
|Eastbound & Down||Vida 6 episodes, 2010|
|The Blacklist||Vanessa Cruz 1 episode, 2015|
|Jane the Virgin||Paola 3 episodes, 2016|
|Twin Peaks||Natalie 1 episode, 2017|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2017|
|Power||Alicia Jimenez 7 episodes, 2017-2019|
|Mujer, casos de la vida real||4 episodes, 1997|
|Narcos||Elisa Alvaro 5 episodes, 2015|
|Royal Pains||Carmen 2 episodes, 2010|
|Capadocia||Lorena Guerra 29 episodes, 2008-2012|
|From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series||Venganza Verdugo / ... 3 episodes, 2016|
Ana de la Reguera's Quotes
- It's easier for me to act in Spanish, but as soon as I get the lines in English and I know them by heart, it becomes really easy. You don't have to worry about the language anymore. It just takes more time. In Spanish, I can learn lines in 10 minutes. In English, it's going to take an hour.
- I try to walk at least three times a week for 40 minutes or an hour. I do it at the gym on the treadmill, or I go hiking outside.
- I'm weird. I'm not too focused on the physicality of a man. They just have to become my best friend, and then I start to get attracted to them. I've never been in a bar and just hit on a guy and started kissing him; I've never done that in my life.
- I feel like I prefer movies, but, at the same time, theater is so exciting when you're doing it. It's a harder job doing theater.
- I love playing tennis. To me this is not a workout, but a fun extracurricular activity I do with friends so it doesn't feel like I'm working out.
Ana de la Reguera: The Mexican Actress with a Thriving Career
With a net worth of $2 million, Ana de la Reguera is a Mexican actress beloved both in her home country and the United States for her notable performances. This talented actress has graced both television and film screens with her captivating acting skills, further establishing her as one of the most notable talents in the entertainment industry.
Early Life and Education
Ana de la Reguera was born on April of 1977 in Veracruz, Mexico. Growing up, Ana was highly influenced by her mother who worked as a journalist and TV personality. When she was just 15, Ana began to learn various aspects of television and taking on various roles, primarily in Mexico. Her love for performing drove her to attend the Centro de Educación Artística.
What is Ana de la Reguera known for?
Ana de la Reguera began her acting career performing in local plays and hosting a travelogue for a news station in Mexico. Furthermore, she then landed her first on-screen role in 1996 when she appeared in the telenovela Azul.
She moved on to appear in other telenovelas such as Desencuentro, Tentaciones, and Pueblo chico, infierno grande. Ana was particularly praised for her performance in Amor por accidente which also helped her win TVyNovelas Award for Best New Actress.
Following her successful career debut, she moved to the American film industry and landed various lead actress roles that helped her set foot on the international stage. These include movies such as Nacho Libre, Cowboys & Aliens, Cop Out, and Empire State.
Career in the Entertainment Industry
Ana de la Reguera has had a successful career in the entertainment industry. Throughout her journey, she has worked hard, exploring different roles and opportunities that came her way. Her acting technique and the ability to bring life to the characters she portrays on screen are some of the reasons why she is adored by many of her fans today.
- In 1996, she appeared in her first on-screen telenovela, Azul.
- In 1997, she appeared in her 1st film, King Midas.
- In 2002, her performance on Por tí received a TVyNovelas Awards for Best Supporting Actress.
- In 2009, appeared in Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (English language film) alongside American actor Matthew McConaughey.
- As of 2021, she appeared as Camila in HBO’s crime drama series “The White Lotus”.
Moreover, her ability to work with a variety of brands such as Kahula liquer and CoverGirl, an American makeup company, made her even more celebrated among wider audiences in various international locals.
Achievements and Awards
Ana de la Reguera’s tremendous talent has earned her deserved recognition over the years. With the love and support of fans from all over the world, she has been able to succeed in various categories of nominations.
Her accolades include:
- Ariel Award for Best Actress for Ladies’ Night (2004).
- TVyNovelas Award for Best Actress for Silent Night (1999).
- ALMA Award for Oustanding Actress for Nacho Libre (2006) and Eastbound & Down (2009).
- Glamour Award for Best Actress for Por ella soy Eva (2012).
A reliable and talented actress, Ana de la Reguera, has come a long way since her debut in the entertainment industry, and through years of successful hard work, dedication, and perseverance, today, she is a well-loved personality beloved by many of her fans worldwide. From Mexico all the way to the United States and beyond, there is no denying that she continues to make an impact and set impressive standards among fellow actors and actresses, both on domestic and international fronts.
Interesting Facts about Ana de la Reguera
- She was one of the many people who ran with the Olympic Torch as it was taken around the UK in preparation for the London Olympics of 2012. Her run was along the A413 Wendover Road just south of Aylesbury on 9 July 2012.