Basic Information About Annette O’Toole
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Dancer, Singer-songwriter|
|Date of birth||1952-04-01 (71 years old)|
|Place of birth||Houston|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Red hair and red lips|
|Spouse||Michael McKean - (20 March 1999 - present)|
Bill Geisslinger - (8 April 1983 - 1993) (divorced) (2 children)
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.6 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Annette O’Toole win?
Annette O’Toole roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Superman III||Lana Lang|
|Blow the Man Down||Gail Maguire|
|A Futile and Stupid Gesture||Stephanie Kenney|
|Cat People||Alice Perrin|
|Little Big Man||Passerby (uncredited)|
|One on One||Janet Hays|
|Andre||Adult Voice of Toni (voice)|
|Lie to Me||Veronica Sloan 1 episode, 2010|
|The Good Doctor||Caroline Reznik 1 episode, 2020|
|Grey's Anatomy||Madeleine Skurski 1 episode, 2013|
|The Punisher||Eliza Schultz 4 episodes, 2019|
|Search Party||Diana Fontaine 1 episode, 2020|
|The Partridge Family||Carol 1 episode, 1971|
|Law & Order||Valerie Grace 1 episode, 2000|
|The Virginian||Lark Walters 1 episode, 1970|
|The Finder||Elaine Sherman 1 episode, 2012|
|Virgin River||Hope McCrea 30 episodes, 2019-2020|
|Halt and Catch Fire||Susan Emerson 6 episodes, 2014-2015|
|Smallville||Martha Kent / ... 135 episodes, 2001-2011|
|Lonesome Dove: The Series||Claudia Harrell 1 episode, 1995|
|Petrocelli||Tina 1 episode, 1975|
|Alfred Hitchcock Presents||Stella (segment "An Unlocked Window") 1 episode, 1985|
|My Three Sons||Tina 1 episode, 1967|
|Boy Meets World||Rhiannon Lawrence 1 episode, 1999|
|Private Practice||Janet 1 episode, 2011|
|Battle Creek||Amelia Zuransky 1 episode, 2015|
|Police Woman||Donna Hess 1 episode, 1974|
|Dan August||Robbie Wagner 1 episode, 1970|
|The Mod Squad||Lorrie Coleman 1 episode, 1971|
|The F.B.I.||Brenda Porter 1 episode, 1974|
|Nash Bridges||Lisa Bridges 33 episodes, 1996-1998|
|The Outer Limits||Commander Lydia Manning 1 episode, 1995|
|S.W.A.T.||Rita Bonelli 1 episode, 1975|
|Barnaby Jones||Cas Carter 1 episode, 1976|
|Hawaii Five-O||Sue 1 episode, 1971|
Annette O’Toole's Quotes
- I don't want this big stardom thing. I just want a good script.
Annette O’Toole: The Dazzling Entertainer
Annette O’Toole is an American icon in the entertainment industry. From being an actress to a singer, songwriter, and even a dancer, O’Toole has managed to make her mark in the field of arts. With a thriving career and a net worth of $10 million, there’s more to know about this talented woman than just the television shows and movies she’s starred in.
Net Worth Details
Annette O’Toole’s net worth of $10 million comes from her lucrative film and television career. With over five decades of experience under her belt, she has appeared in a wide range of films and TV shows. Along with her acting career, tunes that she has written for various movies have garnered numerous accolades as well. She co-wrote the Academy Award-nominated song, “A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow,” which speaks volumes about her talent.
What is Annette O’Toole known for?
Annette O’Toole is a versatile actress, songwriter, and dancer who rose to prominence in the entertainment industry after over 50 years of hard work and dedication.
Early life and Education
O’Toole was born on April 1, 1952, in Houston, Texas, where she started dancing at three years old. After her family moved to Los Angeles, California when she was 13 years old, O’Toole gravitated towards acting and realized that she had a passion for it.
O’Toole began her career as an actress in 196 and became a prominent figure in the entertainment industry after her role in the TV show ‘The Danny Kaye Show’. She later went on to star in a myriad of films, some of which include ‘Smile,’ ‘Crazy From The Heart,’ and ‘48 Hours.’ But Annette O’Toole’s career path wasn’t just inclined towards acting but toward music as well. She co-wrote the Academy Award-nominated song “A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow” from the movie ‘A Mighty Wind’ which was produced by Christopher Guest. She also lent her backup vocals for the band “Spinal Tap”. O’Toole’s versatility has allowed her to grow and evolve in the entertainment industry for so long.
Throughout her career, Annette O’Toole has achieved numerous accolades and left a lasting impact on the entertainment industry. She has been nominated for prestigious awards, including an Emmy, Golden Globe, and Tony nomination. Her most notable works include her performances in The Partridge Family, My Three Sons, The Danny Kaye Show, Hawaii five-O, The Virginian, Gunsmoke, and Smallville. O’Toole is beloved by audiences for her natural acting ability. She has also been given a lot of praise for her musical contributions. After all, co-writing an Academy Award-nominated song is no small feat.
Annette O’Toole was married to actor Bill Geisslinger from 1983 to 1993. The union produced two children; Nell and Anna. After her divorce from Geisslinger, she tied the knot with longtime fellow actor Michael McKean in 1999. The couple has been going strong ever since then. They have even worked in movies such as “This Is Spinal Tap” and episodes of “Laverne & Shirley” together.
The Bottom Line
As we can see from her successful and rewarding career, Annette O’Toole is a valuable name in the entertainment industry. With a versatile personality, she has managed to captivate her audience through years. Her talent knows no bounds, and her contribution to the music industry cannot be denied. Along with a great career, she has been blessed with a beautiful family life. There’s so much to learn from this remarkable woman , and even more to appreciate.
Interesting Facts about Annette O’Toole
- Played Clark Kent's teenage sweetheart, Lana Lang, in Superman III (1983), and his (adoptive) mother, Martha Kent, in Smallville (2001).
- Co-wrote Oscar-nominated song "A Kiss At The End Of The Rainbow" for A Mighty Wind (2003) with husband Michael McKean. The couple performed their version when they were presenters at the 8th Annual Art Directors Guild Awards in Beverly Hills in 2004, as well as during TV and radio appearances.
- In the comics, the two Superman characters she has played Martha Kent and Lana Lang are 5' 4". This is her height in real life.
- She has two daughters from her first marriage. Their names are Nell Geisslinger and Anna Geisslinger.
- Vickie Howell, the host of Knitty Gritty (2004), the cable TV show, named a scarf for Annette. It's called the Lana And Clark Ascot.
- Annette used her knack for knitting to raise funds for the Maryland chapter of the Alzheimer's Association. She designed an afghan blanket which was auctioned off on eBay. She and her fellow Smallville (2001) cast and crew members knitted the squares that made up the blanket. Also, she participated in a similar project with other celebrity knitters to raise funds for those affected by the 9/11 tragedy.
- Studied acting with Peggy Feury at the Loft Studio in California.
- Has been mentioned in four Jeopardy! (1984) categories: Superman, Country Music, TV Shows By Cast and They All Played Country Singers.
- She plays the mandolin.
- Almost substituted for Parker Posey during a 2003 concert tour that was done in connection with A Mighty Wind (2003).
- Is one of a hundred celebrities featured in a cookbook of southern recipes that benefits a literacy center in Georgia.
- Stepmother of Colin McKean and Fletcher McKean.
- Is a member of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- She has English, Irish, Scottish, Bohemian (Czech), and Cajun ancestry. Her matrilineal great-grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Matejowsky, was a Bohemian/Czech immigrant.
- Has resumed her career as a stage actress during the past few years. She has performed in productions of new and classic works. Even recorded a play for radio.
- Inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame on March 7, 2013 in Austin, Texas.
- She made guest appearances on both of the longest-running prime time dramas in US television history: Gunsmoke (1955) (in 1970) and Law & Order (1990) (in 2000).
- Is in rehearsals for an Off-Broadway revival of Anton Chekhov's "The Seagull" at New York's Classic Stage Company. She plays the role of Paulina. The production begins sneak previews on February 20th. It opens March 13th. It closes March 30th. [January 2008]
- Is heading back to New York's Playwrights Horizons Theater Company to play the lead role in "Kindness," a new play by Adam Rapp. O'Toole's character is a mother from Illinois who heads to Manhattan with her teenage son. The mother is a victim of a bad marriage and poor health. Rapp will direct Annette in the production this fall. [June 2008]
- Is in rehearsals to play the character of Lily Forrest in "Magnolia," a new play by Regina Taylor. The play will run at Chicago's Goodman Theater from March 14th through April 19th. [February 2009]