What Movie Awards did Erika Slezak win?
Erika Slezak awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Daytime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series||Winner||One Life to Live||1996|
|Daytime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series||Winner||One Life to Live||1995|
|Daytime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series||Winner||One Life to Live||1992|
|Daytime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series||Nominee||One Life to Live||1988|
|Daytime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series||Winner||One Life to Live||1986|
|Daytime Emmy - Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series||Winner||One Life to Live||1984|
|Soap Opera Digest Award - Favorite Couple||Winner||One Life to Live||2000|
Erika Slezak's Quotes
- (describing her 5th Emmy win) "Your heart is pounding and you're holding this wonderful trophy and you're thinking how great this is and they rush you off to a press room, and the first thing that a reporter asks is 'So how does it feel, you beat Susan Lucci again, is she ever going to win this Emmy do you think?"
Erika Slezak: An Iconic American Actress and Her Successful Career in the Entertainment Industry
Erika Slezak, a prominent American actress, is renowned for her role in One Life to Live, one of the longest-serving soap operas in television history. Born on August 5th, 1946 in Hollywood, California, Slezak comes from a family of established actors, which includes her father, the late Walter Slezak, and Walter’s father, Leo Slezak, both of whom appeared in numerous Broadway productions and Hollywood films. She has followed in their footsteps and has made her own mark in the entertainment industry with her extraordinary talent and dedication.
Net Worth Details
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Erika Slezak has an estimated net worth of $14 million. Her primary source of income is from her acting career, primarily from starring on One Life to Live for over four decades.
What is Erika Slezak known for?
Erika Slezak is most famously known for portraying Victoria Lord on the American daytime soap opera One Life to Live. She played the role from 1971 until the show’s cancellation in 2012 after 43 years. During this time, she became incredibly popular and well-respected in the entertainment industry and won a total of six Daytime Emmy Awards for her performance on the show.
Early life and education
Slezak attended George Washington High School before gaining admittance to the prestigious Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. At just 17 years old, she was one of the youngest individuals ever accepted by the Academy. After finishing her education there in 1966, she joined the Milwaukee Repertory Company for three seasons, solidifying her career path in theatre.
Slezak’s career in acting began to ascend when she auditioned for the role of Nurse Mary Kennecott on the ABC soap opera All My Children in 1971. Although she was not selected for this initial role, her highly impressive skills impressed producers, and they offered her the role of Victoria ‘Viki’ Lord Riley on One Life to Live. Slezak’s role on the show brought her unmeasurable fame and success. She also played a prominent role in the TV movie Full Circle. In 2001, she made a guest appearance in the series Special Unit 2, playing a mother.
Aside from her celebrated performances, Slezak has been recognized nationally and internationally with several prestigious awards. In November 2002, she was inducted into the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Silver Circle, and in March 2013, she was honored by the Independent Reviews of New England (IRNE) with their Lifetime Achievement Award.
Erika is married to Brian Davies, a former managing director at ABC News, and they have two children together.
Erika Slezak’s accomplishments are extensive. After working on One Life to Live for over 40 years, she became one of the longest-serving daytime soap opera actresses in history. Her work and achievements in acting led her to be nominated for a total of six Daytime Emmy Awards while winning all of them. Aside from soap operas and TV movies, she was an established Broadway actress as well, appearing in various productions such as Oklahoma!, South Pacific, and Fiddler on the Roof.
Through her talent and dedication to acting, Erika Slezak brought extraordinary stories and performances to the entertainment world. She is an inspiration and a perfect example of how hard work, persistence, and passion can pay off in the long run. Even after more than four decades in the industry, she remains a shining light in American entertainment history and still adored by fans all over the world.
Interesting Facts about Erika Slezak
- Has two children, Michael and actress Amanda Davies.
- Daughter of actor Walter Slezak.
- Did productions with Milwaukee Repertory Theater
- Attended Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, England
- Despite being born and raised in Hollywood, CA., she and her siblings were raised speaking German, and did not begin learning English until she was five years old.
- Was an exceptional student who skipped the Eighth Grade.
- Daughter Amanda Davies portrayed Erika's character, Viki, as a teenager for flashbacks on One Life to Live (1968).
- She has won six Daytime Emmy Awards, the most wins by an actor (tied with Justin Deas) and the most wins for a single character.
- She has won the coveted "Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series" award at the Daytime Emmys in '1984', '1986', '1992', '1995', '1996', and '2005' for her portrayal of Victoria Lord on 'One Life to Live' (1968).
- Granddaughter of Leo Slezak.
- Niece of Margarete Slezak.
- Good friend of Polly Seitz since high school.
- Her surname means "coming from Silesia". Silesia is a historical region in Central Europe, mostly in Poland.
- Her father, who was born in Vienna, was of Czech, Austrian, and Jewish ancestry. Her mother was Dutch.