Basic Information About Anthony Anderson
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Comedian, Actor, Television producer, Voice Actor, Screenwriter|
|Date of birth||1970-08-15 (53 years old)|
|Place of birth||Compton|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Loud infectious laugh|
|Spouse||Alvina Anderson - (11 September 1999 - present) (2 children)|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Anthony Anderson win?
Anthony Anderson awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|NBR Award - Best Acting by an Ensemble||Winner||The Departed||2006|
|BET Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Transformers||2008|
|WAFCA Award - Best Ensemble||Winner||Barbershop||2002|
|Teen Choice Award - Choice Movie Actor - Comedy||Nominee||Kangaroo Jack||2003|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Nominee||Hustle & Flow||2006|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2019|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2018|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2017|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2016|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2015|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2018|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2017|
|BET Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Black-ish||2016|
|BET Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Black-ish||2015|
|Critics Choice Award - Best Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2018|
|Critics' Choice TV Award - Best Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2016|
|Critics' Choice TV Award - Best Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2015|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy||Nominee||Black-ish||2018|
|Image Award - Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series||Winner||Black-ish||2021|
|Blimp Award - Favorite Family TV Actor||Nominee||Black-ish||2016|
|National Film and Television Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Black-ish||2019|
|National Film and Television Award - Best Actor||Nominee||Black-ish||2018|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2019|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Black-ish||2015|
|PGA Award - Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Comedy||Nominee||Black-ish||2017|
|Teen Choice Award - Choice TV Actor: Comedy||Nominee||Black-ish||2016|
|Teen Choice Award - Choice TV Actor: Comedy||Nominee||Black-ish||2015|
|Image Award - Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Law & Order||2009|
Anthony Anderson roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Scary Movie 4||Mahalik|
|Scary Movie 3||Mahalik|
|Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle||Burger Shack Employee|
|Scream 4||Deputy Perkins|
|The Big Year||Bill Clemont|
|Cradle 2 the Grave||Tommy|
|Romeo Must Die||Maurice|
|Me, Myself & Irene||Jamaal|
|Exit Wounds||T.K. Johnson|
|Malibu's Most Wanted||PJ|
|Hoodwinked!||Detective Bill Stork (voice)|
|Big Momma's House||Nolan|
|Arthur et les Minimoys||Koolomassai (voice)|
|The Back-up Plan||Playground Dad|
|Barbershop: The Next Cut||J.D.|
|Kangaroo Jack||Louis Booker|
|Grudge Match||Mr. Sandpaper Hands|
|Hustle & Flow||Key|
|Urban Legends: Final Cut||Stan|
|The Town That Dreaded Sundown||Lone Wolf Morales|
|Shameless||Marty Fisher 1 episode, 2011|
|Blaze and the Monster Machines||Pegwheel 3 episodes, 2015-2018|
|Real Husbands of Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2013|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Detective Lucius Blaine 1 episode, 2006|
|Grown-ish||Andre Johnson / ... 5 episodes, 2018-2020|
|Black-ish||Andre 'Dre' Johnson / ... 163 episodes, 2014-2021|
|JAG||Gang Lookout (uncredited) unknown episodes|
|Veronica Mars||Percy "Bone" Hamilton 1 episode, 2005|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 3 episodes, 2011-2017|
|Law & Order||Detective Kevin Bernard 50 episodes, 2008-2010|
|Raising Hope||Neighbor 1 episode, 2012|
|The Kelly Clarkson Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2020|
|Brain Games||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2020|
|Ally McBeal||Matthew Vault 2 episodes, 2000|
|Saturday Night Live||Self (uncredited) unknown episodes|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self - Guest / ... 9 episodes, 2003-2021|
|The Masked Singer||Self - Guest Panelist 1 episode, 2019|
|Entourage||Anthony Anderson 1 episode, 2005|
|Psych||Thane 1 episode, 2012|
|'Til Death||Cofeld 6 episodes, 2006-2007|
|The Shield||Antwon Mitchell 15 episodes, 2005-2007|
|To Tell the Truth||Self - Host 68 episodes, 2016-2021|
|The Talk||Self / ... 6 episodes, 2014-2019|
|The Proud Family||Ray Ray 1 episode, 2002|
|The Late Show with Stephen Colbert||Self / ... 5 episodes, 2016-2020|
Anthony Anderson's Quotes
- [2006, on The Departed (2006)] Working with [Martin Scorsese] is a dream come true and we're just having a ball, Just how he commands a set . . . But we are staying true to the original film. We shot in New York for a couple of months, and then we've been in Boston the last three weeks, and then we're coming back to New York through the first week of September. So it's just a nice ride right now.
- Independent films are where you really get to cut your teeth and have some fun and do the things that mainstream Hollywood doesn't want to do.
- Set your heights more than what you see around you, see beyond.
- Be ready for when your time comes, you will have that window of opportunity, so seize the moment and capitalize on it.
- Leo (Leonardo DiCaprio) couldn't deliver Mr. Martin Scorsese his Oscar with The Aviator (2004), but I will go on record to say I will do so with The Departed (2006).
The Fortunes of Anthony Anderson
When it comes to versatility and adaptability in the film industry, one name that comes to mind is Anthony Anderson. Anderson is a self-made man, who has comprehensively made a name for himself in the industry. He is known for his impressive acting skills and versatile talents.
Early Life and Upbringing
Anthony Anderson was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on August 15, 197. He was raised in Compton and eventually graduated from Hollywood High School’s Performing Arts Magnet Class of 1988. Later, he attended Howard University where he earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in 2022. His starting years in stand-up comedy may have been shaky, but he decided to persist and clocked several successes that led him to meet the actor Guy Torry, who was his collaborator in several upcoming works.
With appearances in many popular TV shows during the 90s, Anthony Anderson had established himself as a household name even before he became widely known for his acting roles over the past decade. Due to his phenomenal performances on hit shows such as In The House, NYPD Blue, Malcolm & Eddie, Ally McBeal and The Bernie Mac Show which quickly opened doors for him and landed him more roles.
In 2008, he joined the cast of the then-long-running NBC series, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit after starring two other crime series: Keira Knightley and FX’s The Shield. Nevertheless, Anderson gained national recognition by starring and producing a complete family sitcom that reflected postmodern values called Black-ish, a milestone that added up significantly to its compensation package for the series at a whopping $9 million annually.
Anthony Anderson’s successes are not just limited to Black-ish, as he has also appeared in two spin-off versions of the show. One is Grownish, which premiered in 2018, and another one called Mixed-ish, which released in 2019. He has also guest-starred in several other shows over the years such as Live in Front of A Studio Audience specials.
Although Anderson is mostly known for his Television genius, he is not entirely a stranger in front of the camera. Instead, he has landed a couple of filming roles over the years. In 1999, he gained the recognition of filmmakers with his debut appearance in Liberty Heights.
Since then, he has acted in several films, but his most successful film venture came in his role as Detective Kevin Harrisonfor, an adaptation of the novel City Primeval: High Noon In Detroit. Anderson’s filmography is impressive and includes popular movies like Barbershop (2002), King’s Ransom (2005), The Departed (2006), Transformers (2007), Scary Movie 4 (2006) and Hustle & Flow.
Meanwhile, Anderson has also shown his entrepreneurial side by participating in Coca-Cola’s Sprite campaign in 2017. These deals and collaborations have pushed him forward and into the spotlight without compromising the quality of his work.
Anderson is currently married to Alta Arazzo-Anderson. They began dating when Anderson portrayed himself on an episode of popular TV show Ally McBeal. The couple has been blessed with two beautiful children; Kyra and Nathan.
In 2004, Anderson purchased a property in a Toluca Lake Country Club district enclosed by Hollywood, California, for the price of around $2.8 million.
Anderson owns a stunning MAybach luxury car, worth over $300,000.
Anthony Anderson’s Net Worth and Salary Details
As one of Black-ish’s key contributors, Anderson is presumably worth more than $25 million dollars and earns close to $9 million annually from his earnings from the show-backening. This payment is most likely because Anderson plays a double role as both actor and producer on the show.
Over the years, Anderson has earned some innumerable successes and milestones in the entertainment industry. One of his broadest and notable achievements was in being one of Jimmy Kimmel Live’s guest hosts, while Kimmel was on paternity leave in 2017. That same year, he made an appearance on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? And ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
Anthony Anderson’s persona reflects energy, professionalism and creativity. He is an asset to the entertainment industry and an absolute delight to watch on screen.
Interesting Facts about Anthony Anderson
- Son of Doris Bowman, a former telephone operator.
- His photo double in Cradle 2 the Grave (2003) was actor Dwayne Winstead.
- Has co-starred with DMX in three movies: Romeo Must Die (2000), Exit Wounds (2001) and Cradle 2 the Grave (2003).
- Used the line "Don't drop the soap" in two different movies: Barbershop (2002) and King's Ransom (2005).
- Attended and graduated from Hollywood High School Performing Arts Center (1988).
- Has family residing in the Chicago, Illinois area.
- Grew up in Compton, California.
- Attended the 2006 Dominican International Film Festival in Santo Domingo.
- Attended Hollywood High School Performing Arts Center at the same time as Benito Martinez, his future co-star on The Shield (2002). Anderson was a year behind Martinez.
- Favorite NFL football player is Reggie Bush of the New Orleans Saints.
- Attended Howard University in Washington, D.C.; but was forced to dropped out. Is an honorary member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- In Scream 4 (2011), he plays a character named Anthony Perkins, named after the actor who played Norman Bates in Psycho (1960).
- On the sitcom Black-ish (2014), Laurence Fishburne plays his father and is actually only 9 years his elder.
- One of four actors to appear in both the "Scream" franchise and its parody, the "Scary Movie" franchise. The other three are Jenny McCarthy, Jerry O'Connell and Tori Spelling. Anderson is the only one to appear in the "Scary Movie" franchise before appearing in a "Scream" film.
- Currently resides in Los Angeles, California. He is married to his college sweetheart and they have two children.
- Nominated for the 2018 Emmy Award in the Lead Actor in a Comedy Series category for his role as Andre 'Dre' Johnson in Black-ish (2014), but lost to Bill Hader from Barry (2018).
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6780 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on August 14, 2020 (the day before his 50th birthday).
- Close friends with actor and comedian Kevin Hart.
- Friends with Guy Torry, Ashanti and Trevor Noah.