Basic Information About Jason Momoa
|Full Name||Jason Momoa|
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Date of birth||1979-08-01 (44 years old)|
|Place of birth||Honolulu|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Education||at Des Moines Area Community College, at Des Moines Area Community College|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Often plays warriors and tough fighters|
Deep, powerful voice
Has three moles to the side of his left eye.
Has a couple of scars on the left side of his face. The most visible one goes through his left eyebrow.
Long black hair
Usually has a long goatee or beard
Multiple tattoos on his arms and chest
|Spouse||Lisa Bonet - (October 2017 - present) (2 children)|
|Kids||Lolani Momoa, Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo NamaKaeha Momoa|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.93 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ Youtube ↗︎ Imdb|
What Movie Awards did Jason Momoa win?
Jason Momoa roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Zack Snyder's Justice League||Aquaman / Arthur Curry|
|Justice League||Aquaman / Arthur Curry|
|Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice||Aquaman|
|Conan the Barbarian||Conan|
|The Bad Batch||Miami Man|
|The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part||Aquaman (voice)|
|Bullet to the Head||Keegan|
|Once Upon a Time in Venice||Spider|
|Stargate: Atlantis||Ronon Dex 78 episodes, 2005-2009|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 2 episodes, 2017-2019|
|The Simpsons||Jason Momoa 1 episode, 2019|
|Frontier||Declan Harp 18 episodes, 2016-2018|
|The Kelly Clarkson Show||Self 2 episodes, 2019-2020|
|Saturday Night Live||Self / ... 1 episode, 2018-2020|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self 3 episodes, 2019-2020|
|Baywatch||Jason Ioane 44 episodes, 1999-2001|
|North Shore||Frankie Seau 21 episodes, 2004-2005|
|The Late Late Show with James Corden||Self 3 episodes, 2017-2019|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self 3 episodes, 2018-2020|
|The Daily Show||Self 1 episode, 2020|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2011|
|The Red Road||Phillip Kopus 12 episodes, 2014-2015|
|Access Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2019|
|Conan||Self - Guest 3 episodes, 2011-2018|
|Drunk History||Jean Lafitte / ... 2 episodes, 2014-2015|
Jason Momoa's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|Justice League (2017)||$4 .000.000|
|Aquaman (2018)||$14 .000.000.|
Jason Momoa's Quotes
- I was 19 and folding T-shirts in a surf shop. And I got chosen out of 1,300 people to play a leading role on 'Baywatch Hawaii'. I didn't even know how to act. It took me five years to get an agent after [that]. No one would take me seriously after 'Baywatch'. I lived in the shadow of that for a long time.
- My favorite movie is 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.'
- I love carbs, but denial is good training for the mind.
- I think a man needs to be a man. To hold a woman the way she wants to be held. Just do whatever your woman wants, and you'll be fine.
- I'm raised to actually think, to use my brain.
Jason Momoa – The Journey of Hawaii’s Heartthrob
Jospeh Jason Namakaeha Momoa, popularly known as Jason Momoa, is a Hawaii-born actor, model, director, writer and producer who has carved a name for himself in the entertainment industry. Born in Honolulu on August 1st, 1979, to his father, a painter of Hawaiian heritage, and his mother, a photographer of European descent, Momoa grew up in Norwalk, Iowa.
Early Life and Education
Momoa attended Norwalk High School before moving to the Colorado State University where he studied wildlife biology. He also played college football and went on to compete at the National Championships in Uruguay in 1998.
Momoa began his career in the entertainment industry as a model when he was discovered at the age of 19 by famous designers in Hawaii. In his early days as an actor, Momoa auditioned for the role of Jason Ioane on ‘Baywatch Hawaii’ which turned out to be his first role which he started in the year 1989. This kick-started a sterling career that has spaned more than two decades with several credits to his name.
Momoa’s star shone brightest after he portrayed Kahl Drogo in HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones,’ a role that propelled him to fame. He then went on to become a mainstream attraction with his epic performance as Aquaman in the DC Extended Universe.
With several iconic roles such as his portrayal of Ronon Dex on ‘Stargate Atlantis’ and Conan the Barbarian in the film adaptation, it’s clear that Momoa’s versatility in acting has helped him stand out in Hollywood.
Aquaman Salary and Earnings
For the first Aquaman movie, Jason Momoa received an impressive $3 million but he earned more with the additional backend point deals made with Warner Bros. that raised his paycheck closer to $7 million. On the massive box office success of the first movie, Jason was able to negotiate a massive raise for the sequel. He ultimately received $15 million for the second installment.
One of Jason’s more recent endeavours has been his collaboration with Rocket Mortgage for their 202 super bowl advertisement. Together they helped promote the company’s range of tailored home loan options to a wide audience of homebuyers. In the same year, Momoa helped promote Ozzy Osbourne’s new album, Ordinary Man, appearing in a teaser for the song, ‘Scary Little Green Men.’
Jason Momoa has had a long love affair with actress Lisa Bonet. Although dating rumours spread as far back as 2005, the couple stayed quiet until finally confirming their relationship in 2017 when they got married officially. Before becoming legally married, they were blessed with two children together. The couple is living a happy life together along with their children, Lola Iolani (b. 2007), and Nakoa – Wolf (b. 2008).
Momoa is an all-around talented individual whose passions extend far beyond acting. He’s a keen musician and enjoys playing guitar and drums. He’s also adept in various extreme sports such as surfing, hunting, and snowboarding. His travel across many parts of Asia and North & South America to explore other cultures give him a broader outlook towards life.
Momoa is passionate about his love for nature and the environment. One of his main wishes includes spreading awareness of environmental conservation initiatives and curbing ocean pollution. He proactively advocates for environmental measures and is involved in raising awareness on the urgency for climate protection. On Instagram, he has mentioned in past interviews that he has been a fan of yoga and works towards nurturing a holistic lifestyle.
Assault in 2008
In 2008, feelings ran high when allegations of assault were levelled against Momoa, claiming he had assaulted one of the people working on the set of ‘Stargate Atlantis’. Jason has since apologized profoundly and supports the #MeToo movement, addressing his previous actions in past interviews.
Momoa has truly made a name for himself in Hollywood over the years, and his contributions to television and film have not gone unnoticed. He has been nominated twice for the Screen Actors Guild Awards for his performances in ‘Hale County This Morning, This Evening’ and ‘Game of Thrones.’
Additionally, Momoa has become a fan favorite worldwide for his portrayal of Aquaman. And whereas he might be using this platform to bring things he cares about to light, we can only anticipate that he will go on to achieve numerous other accomplishments and inspire many as he grows as himself.
Net Worth Details
The net worth of Jason Momoa is estimated at $25 million. With tonnes of movies already lined up due to release, it is no secret that Jason’s career trajectory can only point upwards.
Interesting Facts about Jason Momoa
- Won the 1999 Hawaii's Model of the Year.
- Participated in the Governor's Fashion Show and Liberty House fashion show.
- Hosted the 1999 Miss Teen Hawaii USA contest.
- Enjoys rock and ice climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, long-board skateboarding, and roller hockey. Spends his free time on Buddhist studies.
- In his mid-teens he became the youngest lifeguard in the history of the Gulf Coast.
- Proposed to girlfriend, Simmone Mackinnon, in Hawaii, in June 2004.
- Nephew of famed surfer Brian L. Keaulana.
- Was engaged to Simmone Mackinnon from June 2004 until mid-2006.
- He and Lisa Bonet welcomed their first child, a daughter, born on July 23, 2007; named Lola Iolani Momoa.
- He and his wife, Lisa Bonet, welcomed their second child, a boy named Nakoa-Wolf, in mid-December 2008.
- On November 15, 2008, Momoa was attacked with a broken beer glass in West Hollywood, California. According to an AP news article, 140 stitches and subsequent reconstructive surgery were required.
- He shares one middle name, Namakaeha, with his father.
- His father is from a Native Hawaiian family, with a small amount of English ancestry, from Massachusetts. His mother, who is from Iowa, is of three-quarters German descent. (Her maternal grandfather was adopted.).
- In Stargate: Atlantis: Epiphany (2005), co-star David Hewlett calls Jason's character Conan, the name of a character Jason would later play in the Conan the Barbarian (1982) remake, Conan the Barbarian (2011).
- Second husband of Lisa Bonet.
- Stepfather of Zoë Kravitz.
- Momoa is frequently cast as warriors: Ronon Dex in the science-fiction television series Stargate: Atlantis (2004), Conan in the 2011 reboot, Conan the Barbarian (2011), and Khal Drogo in the HBO fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones (2011).
- In Polynesian, the word "momoa" means dry.
- Said in an interview that during the filming of Game of Thrones (2011), the sex scenes were the most difficult.
- Replaced Luke Evans for the role of Eric Draven in The Crow, a remake of the Brandon Lee film The Crow (1994).
Additional information of Jason Momoa
|Best Match for Marriage||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|Hair Color||dark brown|