Basic Information About Theo James
|Full Name||Theo James|
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Singer, Guitarist|
|Date of birth||1984-12-16 (38 years old)|
|Place of birth||Oxford|
|Education||Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, Aylesbury Grammar School, Univeristy of Nottingham|
|Siblings||Ben Taptiklis, Steven White-Taptiklis, Anna Bignell, Natasha Carolan.|
|Height||6 ft (1.85 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ Imdb|
What Movie Awards did Theo James win?
Theo James roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|London Fields||Guy Clinch|
|Underworld: Blood Wars||David|
|The Inbetweeners Movie||James|
|How It Ends||Will Younger|
|Lying and Stealing||Ivan Warding|
|The Secret Scripture||Father Gaunt|
|War on Everyone||Lord James Mangan|
|You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger||Ray|
|The Witcher||Young Vesemir 1 episode, 2019|
|Sanditon||Sidney Parker 8 episodes, 2019|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 4 episodes, 2011-2016|
|The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance||Rek'yr 2 episodes, 2019|
|Castlevania||Hector 20 episodes, 2018-2021|
|Downton Abbey||Kemal Pamuk 1 episode, 2010|
|The Late Show with Stephen Colbert||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2016|
|The Daily Show||Self 1 episode, 2016|
|Chelsea Lately||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2014|
|Bedlam||Jed Harper 6 episodes, 2011|
Theo James's Quotes
- I know I often get a job because of how I look. I hope that I keep the job because of how I act.
- I was in the school plays, I did a lot of music. I carried on through university for short films and loads of plays.
- In Britain, you do your job. When you do an American TV show, there is a sense of being one with the crew, and there is a leadership element, which was a learning curve for me because it is very different culturally. In Britain, you just do it, leave and say, 'Thanks.'
- I've got two brothers and two sisters, so there's five of us and we're all very close, which is cool.
- I don't think I believe in ghosts, per se. But, my nearest experience was when I went on a weekend away and was in a bar in England, years ago, with an ex-girlfriend. I heard this scratching. I was about to go to bed and I was thinking, 'It's an old ghost.' I could hear this noise, but I couldn't work out where it was coming from.
Theo James: A multi-talented actor, director, and musician
Theo James is an English actor, director, producer and musician. Born in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire in December 1984, James is most well-known for his role as Tobias ‘Four’ Eaton in The Divergent Series film trilogy. As of 2022, his net worth is $4 million according to sources.
Early life and education
Theo James was born to a father who worked as a business consultant and a mother who worked as a charity worker. He grew up with five siblings.
James had a keen interest in acting from an early age. He attended Aylesbury Grammar School and went on to study philosophy at the University of Nottingham, where he graduated with a degree in Philosophy in 2007.
After completing his university education, James enrolled at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School where he developed his acting skills. Following completion of his training, he obtained his debut role in the BBC TV show A Passionate Woman in 201.
In 2011, he starred as Jed Harper in the TV series Bedlam, which received positive reviews. The same year, he also appeared in Woody Allen’s movie, You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger. This led to more opportunities in the film industry, where he appeared in movies such as The Inbetweeners Movie and Underworld: Awakening.
James’ big breakthrough role came in 2014 when he starred as Tobias ‘Four’ Eaton in The Divergent Series. The Trilogy bode well for the box office and picked up James’ prowess as an action-star actor due to his exceptional performance.
Though Theo James is primarily known for his action roles, he has expressed a desire to try his hand at other genres. He displayed his acting chops in The Benefactor, showcasing a charming portrayal of an obsessed man that was well-received by critics.
Theo James has been no stranger to being recognized for his abilities. He won two Teen Choice Awards under the categories of Choice Movie Actor: Action and Choice Movie Chemistry. Furthermore, he won the People’s Choice Award for Favourite Action Movie Actor and was nominated for the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor. Through his talent and charisma, James has picked up a growing fanbase.
In his free time, James writes and performs music. His fans have thoroughly admired his musical abilities, as his music often features in the soundtracks of the movies he stars in. In 2019, he released a song called ‘Drowning,’ which was received positively and served to diversify his career.
Theo James leads a relatively low-key personal life, and he isn’t available on social media platforms. He married his long-time partner, Ruth Kearney, in a private ceremony in 2018. Kearney is an Irish actress, who has appeared alongside him twice; once in a movie, The Domino Effect, and then later on TV, in E4’s The Persuasionists.
Theo James’ acting abilities and natural charm have secured him a growing fan base worldwide. Through his diverse career, he has shown that he is capable of delivering thoroughly professional performances across all genres of entertainment while staying true to himself. Based on his current achievements and growing fan following, it would be interesting to see where his future career leads him.
Interesting Facts about Theo James
- Graduated high school from Aylesbury Grammar School and then studied at the University of Nottingham, receiving a degree in Philosophy. He trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
- He is the son of Jane (nee Martin) and Philip Taptiklis. He is of one quarter Greek descent, with the rest of his ancestry being English and Scottish. His paternal grandmother, Barbara Jean Dorothy (nee Keech), was born in West Derby, England and had one quarter of a German ancestry, and his paternal grandfather, Nicholas Theodore Taptiklis, was born in Greece; they moved to New Zealand, where Theo's father, Philip, was raised. Theo's mother's family is from Glasgow, Scotland.
- Previous jobs: Bartender, lifeguard, working for the NHS (National Health Service).
- He was the lead singer of multiple bands, including, Makora and Shere Khan.
- He can play the guitar, harmonica, saxophone and piano.
- He became the brand ambassador for the luxury brand, Hugo Boss, appearing in print ads and commercials. [August 2015]
- He is the youngest of five children, having two older brothers and two older sisters.
- He enjoys boxing, basketball, rugby and deep sea scuba diving.
- He traveled to Greece with UNHCR to learn more about the situation for refugees. [June 2016]
Additional information of Theo James
|Best Match for Marriage||Leo, Aquarius|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|