Basic Information About Anthony McPartlin
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Presenter, Actor, Singer-songwriter, Singer, Comedian, Television producer, Rapper|
|Date of birth||1975-11-18 (48 years old)|
|Place of birth||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Spouse||Lisa Armstrong - (22 July 2006 - present) (filed for divorce)|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Anthony McPartlin win?
Anthony McPartlin awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|BAFTA TV Award - Best Entertainment Performance||Nominee||I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!||2013|
|BAFTA TV Award - Best Entertainment Performance||Winner||I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!||2010|
|British Comedy Award - Best Comedy Entertainment Personality||Nominee||I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!||2010|
|British Comedy Award - Best Comedy Entertainment Personality||Nominee||I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!||2006|
|British Comedy Award - Best Comedy Entertainment Personality||Nominee||I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!||2005|
|British Comedy Award - Best Comedy Entertainment Personality||Winner||I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!||2004|
|National Television Award - Most Popular Entertainment Presenter||Winner||I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!||2012|
|RTS Television Award - Best Entertainment Performance||Winner||I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!||2013|
|RTS Television Award - Best Entertainment Performance||Winner||I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!||2011|
|British Comedy Award - Best Comedy Entertainment Personality||Nominee||Britain's Got Talent||2010|
|National Television Award - Most Popular Entertainment Presenter||Winner||Britain's Got Talent||2013|
|National Television Award - Most Popular Entertainment Presenter||Winner||Britain's Got Talent||2012|
|National Television Award - Most Popular Entertainment Presenter||Winner||Britain's Got Talent||2011|
|RTS Television Award - Best Entertainment Performance||Winner||Britain's Got Talent||2011|
|TRIC Award - TV Personality of the Year||Winner||Britain's Got Talent||2013|
Anthony McPartlin roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|One Chance||Self (archive footage) (uncredited)|
|Good Morning Britain||Self (uncredited) 12 episodes, 2016-2020|
|Byker Grove||P.J. 34 episodes, 1990-1992|
|I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!||Self - Presenter / ... 342 episodes, 2002-2020|
|The X Factor||Self (uncredited) unknown episodes|
|Loose Women||Self 7 episodes, 2008-2017|
|Britain's Got Talent||Self - Presenter 224 episodes, 2007-2022|
|The One Show||Self 2 episodes, 2011-2020|
Anthony McPartlin's Quotes
- [Susan Boyle losing Britain's Got Talent 2009] It might be a blessing in disguise that she didn't win.
- [his first impression of Susan Boyle] She seemed nervous.
The Success Story of Anthony McPartlin: Net Worth and Achievements
Anthony McPartlin, a distinguished English actor, television presenter, singer, and rapper, is worth a whopping $40 million dollars. Known as one-half of Ant & Dec,
the funny and fantastic TV comedy duo, he has excelled in the entertainment industry since 1987.
Early Life and Education
Anthony McPartlin was born on November 18th, 1975, in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. Raised in a working-class family, he attended St. Michael’s Roman Catholic Primary School. He demonstrated a talent for performing from an early age, and there was no doubt he would make a name for himself in entertainment.
Anthony’s breakthrough came when he starred in the children’s television series, ‘Byker Grove.’ However, he became a household name when he began working on holiday programs for children from England in Disney World in Florida. Anthony then formed a pop band with his co-star Declan Donnelly (‘Ant & Dec’). They achieved three respectable Top-10 hits and operated in the British Hitlists towards the close of that decade.
Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly forged their long-lasting comedic partnership on ‘SMTV/CDUK,’ where the duo became an instant hit. As they grew to become even more successful than their idols, Morecambe & Wise, they opted to concentrate on television presenting full-time.
The dynamic duo succeeded as hosts of ‘Britain’s Got Talent,’ which was among their most prestigious engagements. They received many accolades for their lively performance on ‘Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway,’ including the National Television Awards.
The Landmark Award
In October 2017, at the National Lottery Awards in London, Anthony McPartlin received the Landmark Award for his famous entertainment career spanning over 30 years. It was a proud moment for him to win this award, and he demonstrated how much he had persistently endeavoured to achieve such prestige through his talent.
Anthony McPartlin met Lisa Armstrong while working on the TV drama ‘Byker Grove.’ Later, they began dating, and they were married on July 22, 2006. In 2018, Ant and Lisa confirmed their divorce and parted amicably as friends. This was a challenging time for all. However, it’s imperative not to mourn the past but rather concentrate on the present and the future.
Awards and Achievements
Anthony McPartlin has accomplished significant achievements throughout his career in the entertainment industry. He has been presented with various awards, including multiple National Television Awards for his services to TV entertainment. The following is a list of Anthony’s awards:
- BAFTA for Best Entertainment Programme
- The Special Recognition Award
- Best Entertainment Presenter
- Best Reality TV Programme (I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!)
- The Landmark Award
- Spirit of Northern Ireland Awards – Special Recognition Award
- Royal Television Society North West Award for Best Entertainment Performance – Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway
Anthony McPartlin has successfully climbed the ladder of triumph in the entertainment industry through hard work, resilience, and determination; they are the qualities that have set him apart from the rest. He has won himself a place in the hall of fame, and his legacy will last for generations.
While some may spend their lives breathing in the mythical tales of success, Anthony McPartlin is bringing them to life himself, and his achievements stand as an inspiration for all aspiring presenters.
Interesting Facts about Anthony McPartlin
- Ant and his co-star Declan Donnelly received Showbusiness Personalities Award at The Varity Club Awards 2002
- Along with Declan Donnelly, he won the "Lifetime Achievement Award" at the National Television Awards in 2002 at the age of 27.
- With partner Declan Donnelly, he interviewed Prince Charles, Prince Harry and Prince William for The Prince's Trust 30th Birthday: Live.
- Declan Donnelly was the best man at his wedding.
- Son of Raymond McPartlin (b. 1954) and Christine (née Clarke) Woodhall (b. 1956).
- Has a sister called Sarha (pronounced Sarah) and a half-sister called Emma.
- His mother Christine recently married David Woodhall.
- Maternal grandson of William Clarke (1920-1991) and Kathleen Clarke (née McGrath) (1920-2005).
- Has recently released a single with Dec Donnelly called "On The Ball", which is a National Anthem for the 2002 World Cup [June 2002]
- Anthony has won two British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) for two years running for Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway 2014 & 2015 ("Best Entertainment Show" and "Entertainment Performance").
- BAFTA winner Best Entertainment Programme & Best Entertainment Performance for Saturday Night Takeaway - 2013 & 2014 (Series 10 & 11).
- Served as best man at Declan Donnelly and Ali Astall's wedding on 1 August 2015.
- He was awarded the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2016 Queen's Birthday Honours List for his services to Broadcasting and Entertainment. He is a Presenter in London, England.