Basic Information About Sarah Jessica Parker
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Film Producer, Television producer, Model, Singer, Voice Actor, Businessperson|
|Date of birth||1965-03-25 (58 years old)|
|Place of birth||Nelsonville|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Frequently plays rich modern women from New York|
Beauty mark on her chin
Sparkling blue eyes
Designer high heels
|Spouse||Matthew Broderick - (19 May 1997 - present) (3 children)|
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.6 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Sarah Jessica Parker win?
Sarah Jessica Parker awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|People's Choice Award - Favorite Cast||Nominee||Sex and the City||2009|
|EDA Special Mention Award - Hall of Shame||Winner||Sex and the City 2||2011|
|Bambi - Surprise||Winner||Sex and the City 2||2011|
|Razzie Award - Worst Actress||Winner||Sex and the City 2||2011|
|ShoWest Award - Ensemble Award||Winner||Sex and the City 2||2010|
|Blimp Award - Favorite Female Movie Star||Nominee||Failure to Launch||2007|
|NBR Award - Best Acting by an Ensemble||Winner||The First Wives Club||1996|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical||Nominee||The Family Stone||2006|
|WFCC Award - Best Comedic Performance||Winner||The Family Stone||2005|
|Razzie Award - Worst Actress||Nominee||New Year's Eve||2012|
|WFCC Award - Best Comedic Performance||Winner||Hustle & Flow||2005|
|Razzie Award - Worst Actress||Nominee||Did You Hear About the Morgans?||2010|
|FFCC Award - Best Ensemble Cast||Winner||State and Main||2001|
|NBR Award - Best Acting by an Ensemble||Winner||State and Main||2000|
|OFCS Award - Best Ensemble||Winner||State and Main||2001|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series||Winner||Sex and the City||2004|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Comedy Series||Winner||Sex and the City||2001|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Sex and the City||1999|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Sex and the City||2005|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Winner||Sex and the City||2004|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Winner||Sex and the City||2002|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series||Winner||Sex and the City||2001|
|Actor - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominee||Sex and the City||2000|
|American Comedy Award - Funniest Female Performer in a TV Series (Leading Role) Network, Cable or Syndication||Nominee||Sex and the City||2001|
|American Comedy Award - Funniest Female Performer in a TV Series (Leading Role) Network, Cable or Syndication||Nominee||Sex and the City||2000|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy||Nominee||Divorce||2017|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Directing in a Variety or Music Program||Winner||Late Night with David Letterman||1991|
Sarah Jessica Parker roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Sex and the City||Carrie Bradshaw|
|Sex and the City 2||Carrie Bradshaw|
|Mars Attacks!||Nathalie Lake|
|Failure to Launch||Paula|
|Ed Wood||Dolores Fuller|
|The First Wives Club||Shelly Stewart|
|Striking Distance||Jo Christman|
|Flight of the Navigator||Carolyn McAdams|
|Escape from Planet Earth||Kira Supernova (voice)|
|The Family Stone||Meredith Morton|
|Girls Just Want to Have Fun||Janey|
|New Year's Eve||Kim (segment "Mother & Daughter")|
|Did You Hear About the Morgans?||Meryl Morgan|
|State and Main||Claire Wellesley|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2010|
|Space Ghost Coast to Coast||Self 1 episode, 1999|
|Sesame Street||Self 3 episodes, 2007-2012|
|Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee||Self 1 episode, 2014|
|Saturday Night Live||Self - Host 1 episode, 1994|
|Glee||Isabelle Wright 3 episodes, 2012-2013|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self - Guest 4 episodes, 2005-2018|
|Sex and the City||Carrie Bradshaw 94 episodes, 1998-2004|
|Funny or Die's Billy on the Street||Self 1 episode, 2015|
|The Larry Sanders Show||Sarah Jessica Parker 1 episode, 1994|
|The Late Show with Stephen Colbert||Self - Guest 3 episodes, 2018-2020|
|Watch What Happens: Live||Self - Guest 7 episodes, 2009-2018|
|The Ben Stiller Show||Self 1 episode, 1992|
|Divorce||Frances 24 episodes, 2016-2019|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self - Guest / ... 2 episodes, 2014-2018|
|CBS News Sunday Morning||Self 2 episodes, 2016-2020|
|Nightcap||Sarah Jessica Parker 1 episode, 2016|
|A Year in the Life||Kay Ericson Gardner 22 episodes, 1987-1988|
|The Daily Show||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 1999-2005|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Self - Guest 9 episodes, 1992-2010|
|Loose Women||Self 1 episode, 2008|
|Access Hollywood||Self 11 episodes, 2008-2019|
|The Oprah Winfrey Show||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2004-2008|
|American Playhouse||Amy-Beth 1 episode, 1989|
|Late Night with Conan O'Brien||Self - Guest 10 episodes, 1994-2008|
|The Maury Povich Show||Self - Guest 1 episode, 1996|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2009-2011|
Sarah Jessica Parker's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|Sex and the City (1998)||$3,200,000 per episode (Season 3)|
|Failure to Launch (2006)||$1,000,000|
|Sex and the City (2008)||$15,000,000|
Sarah Jessica Parker's Quotes
- Thank you. I've never won anything in my life. - on winning her 2000 Golden Globe Award for Sex and the City (1998).
- I tell my friends married life is boring, but that's just a fun thing to say to make single people feel better.
- Sarah Jessica is fine, Sarah, SJP, SJ, hey you, anything. [on how to address her]
- The hardest part of leaving the show [Sex and the City (1998)] was this endless gypsy-like life that I'm back into, where it's like being the new kid in school all the time, which for some people is very easy but for me is not. I don't really like change, and I would like everything to be the same constantly, except that I love being terrified.
- Celebrity and the media are reliant on each other - always have been - but we have lost the elegance in that relationship, somehow.
Sarah Jessica Parker: The Iconic Actress, Model, and Producer
Sarah Jessica Parker is not only a well-known American actress, model, and singer but also a successful producer. She has made a mark in Hollywood over the years and has consistently made an impact on her fans. Her talent and creative versatility have allowed her to become one of the highest-paid actresses in history, thanks to her lead role in the HBO series ‘Sex and the City.’ Apart from her beauty and exceptional acting skills, Sarah’s drive for excellence in anything she touches has set her aside from other artists.
Sarah Jessica Parker was born on March 25, 1965, in Nelsonville, Ohio. She was raised by her mother, an elementary school teacher, and her stepfather. From a young age, Sarah started to train as both a dancer and singer. Despite her parents’ divorce, Sarah remained dedicated to achieving her dreams. The budding actress landed her first Broadway role in The Innocents and moved with her family to New Jersey to promote her career.
What Is Sarah Jessica Parker Known For?
Sarah Jessica Parker’s iconic role as Carrie Bradshaw in the HBO hit drama series ‘Sex and the City’ remains her most notable work yet. Sarah starred in the show from 1998 to 2004 across six seasons, amassing a massive following of fans who loved her character. The show won numerous awards and earned Sarah several prestigious viewers’ choice awards, such as the Golden Globe Award, Primetime Emmy Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award. These awards helped cement Sarah’s status as one of the best actresses of her time.
Early Life and Education
Born into poverty, Sarah grew up with seven siblings and struggled to make ends meet. Nevertheless, her youthful dreams of becoming a successful actress, coupled with her tenacity, saw her achieve an impressive level of success. She started her acting career early on TV shows like Square Pegs and in Broadway productions such as The Innocents. Sarah later attended Dwight-Englewood School and graduated from Hollywood High School.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s career took off following her celebrated roles in films such as LA Story and Honeymoon in Vegas. She went on to play prominent roles in films such as Ed Wood, The First Wives Club among others. She also appeared as a voice actress in animated films such as the Disney film ‘Mars Needs Moms.’ Apart from acting, Sarah has a passion for fashion, and her fashion line “Bitten” was exclusively sold at Steve and Barry’s store. In February of 2014, Sarah also launched her footwear line, the Sarah Jessica Parker Collection.
Sarah’s hard work and talent have earned her many prestigious awards during her illustrious career. Most notably, she has won two Primetime Emmy awards, four Golden Globe Awards, and three Screen Actors Guild Awards. In 2022, Sarah featured on Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world, a testament to her incredible impact on popular culture.
Sarah Jessica Parker is married to fellow actor Matthew Broderick, and the two have three lovely children together; James Wilkie Broderick, Marion Loretta Elwell Broderick, and Tabitha Hodge Broderick. The couple has been married since 1997 and lives mostly in New York City and Ireland.
Sarah Jessica Parker is known to have fantastic taste in real estate, and the homes she has owned are nothing short of incredible. Sarah and her husband Matthew have purchased several properties over the years together, and all of them have one thing in common – they are all stunningly beautiful.
What are Sarah Jessica Parker’s Net Worth and Salary?
As of 2022, Sarah Jessica Parker’s net worth is $200 million, a fortune accumulated by her successful career in acting, production, modelling and business. Sarah’s lead role in the HBO show ‘Sex and the City’ was massively renowned. She earned an incredible $3.2 million per episode from the fourth season onwards, making her become one of the highest-paid actresses in television history thanks to her role as Carrie Bradshaw. Her popularity lead to more significant opportunities such as lead roles in feature films. Added with new endorsement deals and sales from her businesses, she is currently one of Hollywood’s most influential personalities.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s success story is one that inspires everyone to reach for their dreams and never give up. Though she encountered hardship growing up, Sarah remained determined to become a successful actress, singer and model. Today, her impressive net worth, diverse ventures and her many awards speak to the caliber of dedication and passion she embodies as a highly creative lady.
Interesting Facts about Sarah Jessica Parker
- Hosted The 2000 MTV Movie Awards (2000), and changed into 15 different outfits throughout the show.
- Appeared as a special guest star in several episodes of Shalom Sesame (1987), the Israeli version of Sesame Street (1969).
- Made her first television special at the age of 8.
- Lived with Robert Downey Jr. from 1984 to 1991.
- Played Annie during the original Broadway run of "Annie". Was third in the list of girls to play her.
- Dated singer/songwriter Joshua Kadison. After the break-up, Kadison wrote the song "Jessie" in the early 1990s about dealing with the break-up.
- Named one of E!'s "top 20 entertainers of 2001."
- Named the 52nd annual Woman of the Year by Harvard's Hasty Pudding Theatricals on February 7, 2002.
- Has been close friends with actor Willie Garson for over 15 years.
- Has a brother, Aaron D. Forste, who is a production assistant on Sex and the City (1998).
- Prefers British television comedies, especially Fawlty Towers (1975) and Absolutely Fabulous (1992).
- Is one of eight children: brothers Timothy Britten Parker and Pippin Parker, sister Rachel Parker, half-brothers Aaron D. Forste and Andrew Forste, and half-sisters Megan Forste and Allegra Forste.
- After ending her television run of Sex and the City (1998), she negotiated a multi-million dollar contract to do advertisements for The Gap clothing; a brand she never wore once in her entire Sex and the City (1998) show!
- Attended the School for the Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA) in Cincinnati with Rocky Carroll.
- Played a role in the original stage production of "The Heidi Chronicles," only to be replaced when the show moved to Broadway...by Cynthia Nixon, her Sex and the City (1998) co-star. Kim Cattrall played a role in the 1995 film version of the play. That makes Kristin Davis the only regular cast member of Sex and the City (1998) not to appear in some adaptation of the play.
- Finally won an Emmy Award in 2004 for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, after five consecutive losses.
- Is the only one out of the four main female actresses of Sex and the City (1998) not to have done any nudity in the show, because she has a strict no-nudity clause in her contract.
- She grew up having to share clothes with siblings and having only one or two pair of shoes for the entire year. She developed a "shoe fetish" that was also shared by her character on Sex and the City (1998). Parker admitted that she has a closet at her home just for her footwear!
- Was introduced to husband Matthew Broderick through her brother, Timothy Britten Parker.
- Many gambling and betting establishments actually stopped accepting some bets on Sarah Jessica Parker for The 56th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards (2004) because she was so widely predicted to walk away with an Emmy Award, and she did.