Basic Information About Pierce Brosnan
|Full Name||Pierce Brosnan|
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Film Producer, Businessperson, Activist, Artist, Visual Artist, Environmentalist|
|Date of birth||1953-05-16 (70 years old)|
|Place of birth||Drogheda|
|Nationality||Republic of Ireland|
|Education||Saint Martin’s School of Art|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Has a scar on the right side above his top lip. He was hit by a stunt man on the making of Tomorrow Never Dies (1997).|
|Mother||Mary May Smith|
|Spouse||Keely Shaye Brosnan - (4 August 2001 - present) (2 children)|
Cassandra Harris - (27 December 1980 - 28 December 1991) (her death) (3 children)
|Kids||Paris Brosnan, Dylan Brosnan, Sean Brosnan, Charlotte Brosnan, and Christopher Brosnan|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Pierce Brosnan win?
Pierce Brosnan awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|IFTA Award - Best Actor in a Supporting Role in a Feature Film||Winner||The Ghost Writer||2011|
|Satellite Award - Best Actor in a Supporting Role||Nominee||The Ghost Writer||2010|
|Razzie Award - Worst Supporting Actor||Winner||Mamma Mia!||2009|
|Saturn Award - Best Actor||Winner||Tomorrow Never Dies||1998|
|Outstanding European Achievement in World Cinema -||Nominee||Tomorrow Never Dies||1998|
|Blockbuster Entertainment Award - Favorite Actor - Action||Winner||The World Is Not Enough||2000|
|Empire Award - Best Actor||Winner||The World Is Not Enough||2000|
|MTV Movie Award - Best Fight||Nominee||GoldenEye||1996|
|Blockbuster Entertainment Award - Favorite Actor - Drama/Romance||Winner||The Thomas Crown Affair||2000|
|Movies for Grownups Award - Best Grownup Love Story||Nominee||The Love Punch||2015|
Pierce Brosnan roles
Pierce Brosnan's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)||$8,200,000|
|The World Is Not Enough (1999)||$12,400,000|
|Die Another Day (2002)||$16,500,000|
Pierce Brosnan's Quotes
- [on his marriage to Cassandra Harris] Our marriage gives me a stability that makes me feel that I can tackle the world.
- [on his good looks] I don't see myself as the "Hunk of the Month".
- [about his deceased wife, Cassandra Harris] Cassie has made me the man I am, the actor I am, the father I am. She's forever embedded in every fiber of my being.
- [on why he thinks he would have regretted winning the James Bond role in 1986] It's a role better suited to someone who is in his 40s, old enough to have the confidence and the sophistication and strength to be able to stand there and just let the moment sit. Bond is a man with the greatest of confidence. And playing that takes practice. In 1986 I think I was 33 or something like that, and I still looked like a baby. Finally, I'm growing into this face of mine. That takes time.
- [about the movie industry] There's too many people in seats of power who just haven't got a clue what they're doing. They're bean counters, and it just pisses me off because consequently our kids go to see this crap movie . . . there's nothing with meaningfulness.
The Life Of Pierce Brosnan: From James Bond To A Successful Career
Pierce Brosnan is a well-known Irish actor who has earned himself a prominent place in the Hollywood industry. Born on May 16, 1953 in Drogheda, Ireland, Brosnan has been a prominent figure in the entertainment industry for over three decades. His net worth is estimated to be $200 million, thanks to his highly successful career in films and television.
What is Pierce Brosnan known for? Pierce Brosnan is known for his role as James Bond in four blockbuster Bond films – Golden Eye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day. Outside of the Bond franchise, Pierce Brosnan has also starred in many notable movies and TV series. These include Mrs. Doubtfire, The Heist, Mamma Mia!, Remmington Steele and the TV movies such as Death Train.
When it comes to Brosnan’s early life, he spent most of his childhood under difficult circumstances. His father left the family when he was just a baby, and his mother was sick. He was raised by his grandparents and ventured into stage acting during high school. After completing high school studies, Pierce enrolled in the esteemed Drama School at the London Opera Centre where he honed his craft in acting and production. He then began working in theatrical productions, including “Wait Until Dark” and “The Red Devil Battery Sign.”
Brosnan’s professional acting career started while he was still studying drama at the Drama School of the London Opera Centre. He began appearing in supporting roles in many British TV series like The Professionals, The Onedin Line and Murphy’s Stroke.
His major TV breakthrough came in 1982 when he was cast as the male lead in the Remmington Steele TV series. It ran through to 1987 and was a major success not only in the US, but internationally.
The famous James Bond franchise selected him in 1994 for the first of his four movie appearances as James Bond, replacing Timothy Dalton. For his role in the franchise, he earned fat paychecks, includig $16.5 million for playing Bond’s agent status in Die Another Day. Throughout his Bond career, Brosnan also lent his voice to video games “James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing” and “James Bond 007: Nightfire.”
Other films where he has made a significant impact include the critically acclaimed hit Mamma Mia!, The Greatest, The Ghost, and Dante’s Peak among others. Between 2012 and 2013, Pierce produced and played the lead role in the AMC series – The Son.
Net Worth Details
Following his immense hard work and dedication in his life as an actor, Brosnan’s net worth is estimated to be over $200 million. He earned the majority of his wealth from playing James Bond and receiving big paychecks from lots of movies such as Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Today, he is one of Ireland’s richest actors. Apart from his illustrious film career, the personal real estate owned by Brosnan has also contributed extensively to his proliferation of wealth.
Brosnan and his wife Keely own an incredible property portfolio across the world, including the United States and Hawaii.
In September 202, they listed their Malibu property for a staggering $100 million. The beachfront property spans over one-acre, and features a grand mansion named ‘Orchid House’ that sits on 120 ft ocean frontage with views of the Pacific Ocean. Previous rental records claim the mansion was rented during summer months for $250,000 a month.
The couple also own a multi-home compound near Anini Beach on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. The Hawaii home is one of the many properties they own, and has played host to many Hollywood stars while doubling as a Forbes Five Star resort.
Brosnan has received numerous awards and recognition for his remarkable acting talents. In 1997 he was awarded an Empire Award for best actor in recognition of his title role in the movie Dante’s peak.
He was also awarded his star on the Hollywood Walk of fame in 1997; further honours from Queen Elizabeth II with the title of Officer of the Order of the British Empire in 2003, and is assumed as one of Ireland’s greatest film makers.
Pierce Brosnan has indeed led an impressive life. He came from humble beginnings to become a household name in both acting and real estate world-wide. His success will undoubtedly be remembered for years to come, and he will always be known as one of the most influential actors in history.
Interesting Facts about Pierce Brosnan
- He adopted his first wife Cassandra Harris' children, Charlotte Brosnan (b. 1971, d. 2013) and Christopher Brosnan (b. 1973), after their father died in 1986.
- Pierce Brosnan was sworn in as a United States citizen on 23 September 2004 at the U.S. District Court House in Los Angeles. He also holds Irish citizenship. He was made a Freeman of Navan, County Meath, Ireland (the town he lived in until he moved to England in 1964) on 11 November 1999. His primary residence is in Malibu, California.
- Owns his own production company, Irish DreamTime. Its first release was The Nephew (1998).
- Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the "50 Most Beautiful" people in the world. 
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the "50 Most Beautiful People" in the world. 
- The very first film he claims to have seen is the 007 movie Goldfinger (1964).
- Enjoys fishing on the River Towy in Carmarthenshire, South Wales. Jimmy Carter (former American President) also enjoys the same fishing spot.
- At the Genesis Awards Ceremony, reunited with Remington Steele (1982) co-star Stephanie Zimbalist. 
- On December 28, 1991, one day after their 11th wedding anniversary, his wife, Cassandra Harris, died in his arms. She died of ovarian cancer. Sadly, the same disease would claim the life of Harris' daughter (and Brosnan's stepdaughter) Charlotte in 2013.
- Brosnan's mother, May Smith, was 19 when she gave birth to him. She had married his father, Thomas, on August 16, 1952. However, his parents separated when he was still a baby, and from the age of 4 he was raised by his maternal grandparents, Philip and Kathleen Smith, while his mother went to London to train as a nurse. When he was 6, both grandparents died and he was passed around amongst relatives until Eileen Reilly took him into her lodging house. Finally, when he was 10, his mother was able to take him to her home in Putney, London. While in London, May had met a man, named Bill Carmichael, who had asked her to marry him, but she wanted approval from her son. Pierce gave his approval and the couple were married. From that point on, Bill treated Pierce as his real son and they got along fine. It was Bill who took Pierce to see his first Bond movie, Goldfinger (1964), and it was at that point that decided to take up acting.
- At the age of 11 he was almost six feet tall, making him a target of bullies.
- Voted "Sexiest Man Alive" by People Magazine in 2001.
- Is claustrophobic, which made the filming of certain scenes in Dante's Peak (1997) very difficult.
- He was voted sixth in the Orange 2001 film survey of greatest British film actors ever.
- In addition to his salary for his James Bond movies, Brosnan received a car. The BMW Z3 from GoldenEye (1995), an 8-series BMW (instead of the 750iL) from Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), and the Z8 from The World Is Not Enough (1999).
- Early in his screen career, he portrayed the title role in the TV series, Remington Steele (1982). His character was a career criminal gone "straight" as a private investigator, with an amazing knowledge of and obsession with classic cinema. In the episode, Remington Steele: To Stop a Steele (1983) (original air date 2/11/83, episode 15), Steele equates the case he is working on to The Thomas Crown Affair (1968), starring Faye Dunaway and Steve McQueen. Sixteen years later, Brosnan starred in the remake of that movie, The Thomas Crown Affair (1999).
- He was given an honorary OBE by Britain's ambassador to Ireland, Stewart Eldon, on 8/19/03. Honorary OBEs are awarded on merit by the Queen to non-British citizens who have made an important contribution to British interests. The award formally makes him "an Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire".
- After the release of Die Another Day (2002), he was approached by a man in a Dublin bar who asked to shake his hand. He complied and then cracked up when the man said, "That's the closest my hand will ever get to Halle Berry's arse [butt].".
- He says that his favorite Bond films are From Russia with Love (1963) and For Your Eyes Only (1981), and that his least favorite Bond film is On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969).
- He studied under Yat Malmgren, a dancer and drama teacher who also worked with Sean Connery in the 1950s and is credited with helping him develop a strong sense of movement and presence.
Additional information of Pierce Brosnan
|Best Match for Marriage||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|Break Up||Kathryn Kinley|
Brenda K Starr
Denice D. Lewis
and Denise Beaumont
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Size||44-14-33 inches|