Basic Information About Diego Luna
|Full Name||Diego Luna Luna|
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Film Producer, Film director, Television producer, Presenter, Voice Actor|
|Date of birth||1979-12-29 (43 years old)|
|Place of birth||Mexico City|
|Education||Centro de Educación Artística|
|Spouse||Camila Sodi - (5 February 2008 - 2013) (divorced) (2 children)|
|Kids||Jerónimo and Fiona|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Diego Luna win?
Diego Luna awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|MTV Movie Award - Best Diego Luna in a Movie (Mejor Diego en una Pelicula)||Nominee||Open Range||2004|
|Best Actor -||Winner||Y tu mamá también||2001|
|Young Artist Award - Best Performance in an International Feature Film - Leading Young Actor or Actress||Winner||Y tu mamá también||2002|
|World Soundtrack Award - Best Original Song Written Directly for a Film||Winner||The Book of Life||2015|
|Critics Choice Award - Best Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Narcos: México||2019|
|Imagen Award - Best Actor - Television||Winner||Narcos: México||2020|
|Platino Award - Best Actor in Miniseries or TV-Series||Winner||Narcos: México||2019|
Diego Luna roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|A Rainy Day in New York||Francisco Vega|
|Rogue One||Cassian Andor|
|Y tu mamá también||Tenoch Iturbide|
|The Bad Batch||Jimmy (uncredited)|
|If Beale Street Could Talk||Pedrocito|
|The Book of Life||Manolo (voice)|
|Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights||Javier Suarez|
|Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans||(voice)|
|Before Night Falls||Carlos|
|Berlin, I Love You||Drag Queen|
|Made in Hollywood||Self 4 episodes, 2012-2016|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Self - Guest 2 episodes, 2014-2016|
|The Talk||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2016|
|Good Morning Britain||Self (uncredited) unknown episodes|
|The Late Late Show with James Corden||Self 2 episodes, 2017-2018|
|Carrusel||1 episode, 1989|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||Self 1 episode, 2020|
|Trollhunters||Krel 2 episodes, 2018|
|3Below: Tales of Arcadia||Krel 26 episodes, 2018-2019|
|The Daily Show||Self 1 episode, 2018|
|Access Hollywood||Self 1 episode, 2016|
|Conan||Self - Guest / ... 6 episodes, 2013-2020|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||Self - Guest 1 episode, 2009|
Diego Luna's Quotes
- [on ideal women] Someone who surprises me, someone who makes me laugh, and someone who has her own life and wants to share that with me. I hate those relationships where someone is just following the other person around, you know?
- [on Hollywood] This is the place where they make the most movies and I want to work here. But I don't have this feeling like, oh, I want to live in the United States and make movies and become famous just because the money is here. I like to make movies that tell stories that I care about. I wish someday that a movie like Y Tu Mama could be made in America.
- [on living in Mexico] I still have my house in Mexico City. In fact, when I'm there, I perform in a play called The Complete Works of William Shakespeare. Whenever I have a chance, I go to Mexico to be in it. This year has been a bit crazy for me. I haven't been in my country at all.
- [on Y Tu Mama Tambien (2001)] That was the greatest movie that I've been in so far and the one I love the most, I had the chance to work with my best friend and a director that I admire a lot. I won a lot confidence in my work after that.
- I didn't go to university, and so, every time that I work, I'm looking for a teacher in a way. I'm looking for people that I can learn from and to have the chance to work with people that I admire.
Diego Luna and His Rise to Stardom
Diego Luna is a revered Mexican actor and director of scottish-english descent. Born on December 29th, 1979 in Toluca, Mexico, Diego was raised in Mexico City around film and theater due to his parents being designers in the said industry. he started acting from a tender age and when he appeared in a TV series titled ‘El Abuelo y Yo’ alongside his childhood friend and fellow actor, Gael Garcia Bernal, he caught the attention of the world.
Early Life and Education
At the very young age of seven, Luna began to appear in plays in school before later gaining experience on local television by participating in telenovelas such as Alcanzar una Estrella II. He started college at CETYS University but left his studies subsequently due to work.
Most of Diego’s work is Spanish-centric. He did appear in some British Television as well including a TV movie about Christopher Columbus but it was with the likes of telenovelas such as Clarisa Is Called, areas sin paraiso that he established himself as a noted mainstay with a strong loyal followership.
Career Path and Achievements
Diego Luna began appearing in Spanish productions quite early. He really became very noticeable at age nineteen co-starring alongside Gael Garcia in the Carlos Carrera film “The Misplaced World” followed rapidly by Alfonso Cuaron’s masterwork Y Tu Mama Tambien where Luna shone brightly as part of an ensemble cast featuring Gabriel Garcia Bernal.
Luna then gained valuable Hollywood experience with his roles on Sean Penn-directed “Before Night Falls” (200) and the Gina Gershon and G.W. Bailey crime – adventure sequel “Texas Rangers” (2001).
Further American projects like Barry Sonnefelds blundering comedy Open Range and Gabriel Beristain’s erotic drama Dirty Dancing:Havana Nights helped spice up his CV. In 2013 Diego Luna directed biographical drama, “Cesar Chavez” , the movie explores the movement initiated to aid migrant farm workers triggered by revolutionist activist Cesar Chaves in the late 60s. His stab at film-making won acclaim from Film critics for its nuanced criticism of Chicano movement culture and republish us struggling to secure decent labor standards.
With more globally-known Hollywood stars now accepting roles in productions outside of traditional Hollywood, Diego Luna upped his career nosckel in more recent times. Luna thrilled his fans all over when he provided the voice of the charming Manolo in Guillermo del Toro’s brilliant musical The Book of Life receiving nomination for Annie Award grade nomination in Best Voice Acting Category.
Large roles ongoing hits like Mr Rigth (2015), and Thriller
andExpect. his casting as Captain Andor into upon one of the most loved franchises on planet earth, May exceed Luna’s stratospheric expectations; needless to say it signals an extra-ornigaeric change in the tv and cinema universe: reputed celebrities legitimized stars
Personal Life of Diego Luna
Diego’s married life is as colourful is it could be: the artist dated different promising Mexican musicians, widely known are Tamara maven a documentary film director who c de “Chagasmanovo films. ) alongside Gael Garcia and Diego Sanchez Navara whine coming out about his personal life commented in that iembered minute quoted goes up which please find charles xxr sure though i will say here want to love before aj get too old”
Diego Luna’s Net Worth
With so many amazing roles in TV and Film, Diego Luna has with no doubt accrued quite a fortune over the years. As of May 2021, he has an estimated net worth of $8 million according to trusted sources who constantly update his figures.
Diego Luna is undoubtedly more than a respected entertainment icon within the Mexican Film world; he nonetheless serves as proof that true global our star power need not be restricted by finite cultural aesthetics, rather Diego moves between the dimensions undoubtedly carrying with him versatility of lopsided excellence based on world tastes in cinema.
Here”s wishing that we all defend creative expression of art of with such understated muscularity and commitment as we may strong advocate works encompassing more dynamic words quality sed just this
Nothing underscores irks more heavily to passionate nation working, no matter arena life-callings. Diego is our hero: Mexican night here tequila-based high voltage rithmetic game fuel mixed back musical enchellas dazzling croonings thereby pointing man the right cheer, yet lifting, time and again.
Interesting Facts about Diego Luna
- His mother, Fiona Alexander, died in 1982.
- Best friends with Gael García Bernal since childhood.
- His favorite movies are Reservoir Dogs (1992) and Pulp Fiction (1994).
- His favorite actors are Javier Bardem and Vincent Gallo.
- Good friends with Romola Garai.
- His father is Mexican. His mother was British, of Scottish and English descent, and was the daughter of Robert Love Alexander and Margaret Elizabeth "Peggy" Spring.
- Was born in the same town as Fernanda Romero.
- Co-founder of the production company Canana Films [mx] along with childhood friend and fellow actor Gael García Bernal and Mexican producer Pablo Cruz. The company focuses on Mexican - and Latin American-themed features that deal with social justice issues.
- Met ex-wife Camila Sodi on the set of El búfalo de la noche (2007). They split up in 2013.
- Wife, Camila Sodi, gave birth to their first child, a son named Jerónimo, on August 12, 2008. He weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. and was 22 inches long.
- Wife, Camila Sodi, gave birth to their second child, a daughter named Fiona, on July 1, 2010. The baby is named after Diego's mother who passed away when he was two.
- Sang with Zoe Saldana on the song "No Matter Where You Are" for the soundtrack for The Book of Life (2014).
- Was romantically linked to Olga Segura and Paulina Dávila.
- Was in a relationship with Suki Waterhouse (2015-2018).
- Has the same date of birth as Justin Roberts.
- He was originally cast in the film 'Goal' in 2004 but when the producers saw the first few days of shot film they found that the director , Michael Winterbottom was making it as a drama documentary rather than a straight drama which was what they wanted so cast and crew were sacked and new writers, director and cast were brought in.
Additional information of Diego Luna
|Best Match for Marriage||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|Break Up||Romola Garai|
Marina de Tavira
and Yalitza Aparicio
|Divorce||named Jerónimo and Fiona.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Size||41-33-14 inches|