Basic Information About Andre Braugher
|Category||Celebrities › Actors|
|Professions||Actor, Voice Actor|
|Date of birth||1962-07-01 (61 years old)|
|Place of birth||Chicago|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Curiosities and Trademarks||Often plays military commanders or law enforcement officers|
Deep commanding voice
|Spouse||Ami Brabson - (28 December 1991 - present) (3 children)|
|Height||6 ft (1.829 m)|
|Social Media||↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ IMDb|
What Movie Awards did Andre Braugher win?
Andre Braugher awards
|Award Name||State||Movie / Series Name||Year|
|Blockbuster Entertainment Award - Favorite Supporting Actor - Suspense||Winner||Frequency||2001|
|Image Award - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture||Nominee||City of Angels||1999|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Guest Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||2015|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Guest Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||2012|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Men of a Certain Age||2011|
|Primetime Emmy - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Men of a Certain Age||2010|
|Image Award - Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Men of a Certain Age||2012|
|Vision Award - Best Performance - Drama||Winner||Men of a Certain Age||2012|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Men of a Certain Age||2011|
|Image Award - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Homicide: Life on the Street||1998|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Actor in a Drama Series||Winner||Homicide: Life on the Street||1998|
|Q Award - Best Actor in a Quality Drama Series||Nominee||Homicide: Life on the Street||1997|
|Image Award - Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Hack||2003|
|Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama||Nominee||Gideon's Crossing||2001|
|Image Award - Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Gideon's Crossing||2002|
|OFTA Television Award - Best Actor in a Drama Series||Nominee||Gideon's Crossing||2001|
Andre Braugher roles
|Movie / Series||Role|
|Salt||Secretary of Defense|
|The Mist||Brent Norton|
|Glory||Cpl. Thomas Searles|
|The Gambler||Dean Fuller|
|4: Rise of the Silver Surfer||General Hager|
|Striking Distance||District Attorney|
|City of Angels||Cassiel|
|The Baytown Outlaws||Millard|
|Brooklyn Nine-Nine||Raymond Holt / ... 153 episodes, 2013-2021|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Bayard Ellis 6 episodes, 2011-2015|
|New Girl||Captain Raymond Holt 1 episode, 2016|
|The Practice||Dr. Ben Gideon 1 episode, 2001|
|Law & Order||Frank Pembleton 1 episode, 1996|
|Men of a Certain Age||Owen Thoreau Jr. 22 episodes, 2009-2011|
|BoJack Horseman||Woodchuck Coodchuck-Berkowitz 4 episodes, 2017|
|Jackie Chan Adventures||Derge 1 episode, 2000-2001|
|American Experience||Self - Narrator / ... 4 episodes, 1993-2012|
|Homicide: Life on the Street||Frank Pembleton 100 episodes, 1993-1998|
Andre Braugher's Movie/Shows Salary
|Movie / Series||Salary|
|Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013)||$100,000 per episode|
Net Worth Details
With a career spanning several decades, Andre Braugher has reached a net worth of $8 million. Earning much of his wealth through his work as an actor and producer, Braugher has become a household name known for his incredible talent, perseverance, and dedication to his craft.
What is Andre Braugher known for?
Andre Braugher is one of the most respected actors in the American film industry, known for bringing passion and depth to every character he portrays. Over the years, he has played significant roles in numerous films, TV series, and voice acting projects.
Early life and education
Born in Chicago on July 1, 1962, Andre grew up with three older siblings. His mother Sally worked in the postal service and his father Floyd was a heavy equipment operator. Andre went to St. Ignatius College Prep and then earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Stanford University in 1984. He later attended the prestigious Juilliard School in Manhattan, where he received his Master of Fine Arts in 1988. Andre was still in school when he earned his first acting role, depicting a prototype android in ‘R.U.R.’ at the American Repertory Theatre.
Andre Braugher started his career both in film and television with a bang, appearing in critically acclaimed projects like the historical war drama ‘Glory,’ ‘Kojak: Fatal Flaw,’ and ‘The Court-Martial of Jackie Robinson.’ Throughout the 90s, he appeared in exceptional dramatic roles both on stage and TV screens. His portrayal of Frank Pembleton on NBC’s ‘Homicide: Life on the Street’ earned him a Primetime Emmy. He later reprised the character in 200’s ‘Homicide: The Movie.’
Braugher didn’t stop there and switched gears by adding some comedy roles to his lengthy resume. He started his role as Captain Raymond Holt on the critically acclaimed Brooklyn Nine-Nine series, which received praise and love from fans worldwide. Moreover, he explored his voice acting skills in several animation projects, such as ‘Superman/Batman: Apocalypse,’ ‘Spirit Untamed,’ and ‘BoJack Horseman.’
Away from the spotlight of Hollywood, Andre leads a private life with his wife of 29 years, Ami Brabson, an actress who’s been featured several times alongside Braugher throughout his career. They share three children and relish in their quiet time away from the camera.
Awards and Nominations
With two Primetime Emmy Awards under his belt, the List of Braugher’s nominations or awards is extensive. At each turn, the actor receives accolades, admiration, and awards nominations. Some of his other notable mentions include CableACE Awards, an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Motion Picture, Golden Globe nomination for Best Motion Picture – Drama., Award for Most Outstanding Theatre Student honor, two Emmy nominations for Men of a Certain Age performances to name a few examples that cemented his place within the most respected and adored actors in American films and television.
Besides his impressive acting chops, Andre Braugher is commonly known for his calm and disciplined approach to his craft. He leaves an impact with each role he portrays on the screens and on-centered stages. He puts in the work, delves deep into his character portrayal, and researches the roles’ contributions to his industry.
The actor looks up to legendary performers like Paul Robeson and James Earl Jones, both of whom made history through their talents. Andre Braugher has proven himself by delivering captivating performances in multiple genres over the years. His fans eagerly anticipate his next artistic endeavor.
Therefore, it is undoubtedly true that the actor’s legacy is only set to get more iconic with each powerful portrayal he brings to life on stage or screens big and small, legendary, refined, remarkable only few praises that paint the picture of Andre Braugher in the Hollywood industry and international arena.
Interesting Facts about Andre Braugher
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (1997).
- For the 1996 Shakespeare in the Park Festival in New York, Braugher played the title role in Shakespeare's "Henry V". He performed the role from June 18th to July 14th at the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park.
- Received his Bachelor's degree in Theatre from Stanford University in Stanford, California (1984).
- Received his Master's degree in Fine Arts from Juilliard School in New York City (1988).
- Pulled out of Samuel L. Jackson's role in Sphere (1998), because he wanted to spend more time with his family.
- Enjoying the simple life of a "suburban dad" in South Orange, New Jersey (2005).
- Sons: Michael Braugher (born 1992), Isaiah Braugher (born 1996) and John Wesley Braugher (born 2003).
- Last name is pronounced "brow-wer".
- His wife Ami Brabson had a recurring role as Mary Pembleton, the wife of his character Frank Pembleton on his series, Homicide: Life on the Street (1993).
- Strong Shakespearean background includes roles in "Coriolanus", "King John", "Measure for Measure", "Richard II" and as Iago in "Othello". He won an Obie Award for his "Henry V" in 1996.
- Chosed by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (1997).
- Attended high school at St. Ignatius College Prep in Chicago, Illinois.
- Switched majors from Pre-Med to Drama in college. Graduating from Juilliard in 1988, he was acknowledged as the most outstanding theater student at graduation.
- Has appeared with Richard Belzer on three different series: Law & Order (1990), Homicide: Life on the Street (1993) and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999).
- Best known by the public for his role as Detective Frank Pembleton on Homicide: Life on the Street (1993).
- His acting mentor was Richard Belzer.
- His father was a heavy-equipment operator and his mother was a postal worker.
- Is the youngest of four children of Floyd and Sally Braugher.
- Character Frank Pembleton was ranked #3 on TV Guide's list of Top 50 TV Detectives.