Basic Information About Ralph Macchio
|Celebrities › Actors
|Actor, Television producer
|Date of birth
|1961-11-04 (62 years old)
|Place of birth
|United States of America
|Half Hollow Hills West High
|Curiosities and Trademarks
|Daniel LaRusso in the Karate Kid films
|Ralph Macchio Sr.
|Phyllis Macchio - (5 April 1987 - present) (2 children)
|5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
|↗︎ Wikipedia ↗︎ Instagram ↗︎ Twitter ↗︎ Facebook ↗︎ Imdb
What Movie Awards did Ralph Macchio win?
Ralph Macchio awards
|Movie / Series Name
|Young Artist Award - Best Young Actor in a Television Special
|Eight Is Enough
Ralph Macchio roles
|Movie / Series
|The Karate Kid Part II
|The Karate Kid
|The Karate Kid Part III
|My Cousin Vinny
|How I Met Your Mother
|Ralph Macchio 1 episode, 2013
|The Whole Truth
|1 episode, 2011
|Archie Rodriguez 11 episodes, 2008-2009
|The Kelly Clarkson Show
|Self 1 episode, 2021
|The Netflix Afterparty
|Self 1 episode, 2021
|Kevin Can Wait
|Alviti 2 episodes, 2018
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent
|Louis Marciano 1 episode, 2010
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show
|Self 1 episode, 2011
|Ralph Macchio 1 episode, 2005
|Officer Haddix 17 episodes, 2017-2019
|Logan Phelps / ... 2 episodes, 2010-2014
|Self 3 episodes, 2018-2021
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
|Self 3 episodes, 2018-2021
|Frankie 2 episodes, 2012
|Watch What Happens: Live
|Self - Guest 1 episode, 2012
|Colonel Steven Shay / ... 1 episode, 2013
|The Outer Limits
|Dr. Neal Eberhardt 1 episode, 1999
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
|Self - Guest 3 episodes, 1994-2011
|Self / ... 2 episodes, 2018-2020
Ralph Macchio's Quotes
- There's an audience out there for all these different types of things. Whether it's comedy, motion-picture drama, family movie or a cool, cutting-edge indie, it's nice to know that I can span all those different genres.
- I've come up in the scripted world, and I have wished there were more time slots for us to tell compelling scripted stories and not fill the airwaves with a lot of fluff and tabloid entertainment.
- I remember making the all-star team in Little League when I was around 11 years old. I was not a great athlete, but I loved it, so making starting second base in the all-star was great for me. I think someone must have been sick and they slotted me in.
- Guys like [Steven Spielberg] and [Robert Zemeckis] and really anybody who is a storyteller-filmmaker today has studied [Alfred Hitchcock] and the way he visually tells a story. He was the master of suspense, certainly, but visually you would get a lot of information from what he would do with the camera and what he would allow you to see as the story was unfolding.
- The truth is, you have a much richer life if you somehow lead one that you can hold together.
Ralph Macchio Net Worth and Biography
Ralph Macchio is an American actor who has been part of many successful TV shows, films, and stage productions. Born on November 4, 1961, in Huntington, New York, he first appeared on television in the series Eight Is Enough. After his role in The Outsiders, he became a Hollywood star. Macchio currently has a net worth of $8 million.
Ralph George Macchio Jr. was the son of Rosalie and Ralph Macchio Sr., who owned a ranch. He comes from a mixed Greek and Italian ethnic background and began tap dancing at an early age. He was only three years old when he started taking lessons.
Before his big break in The Karate Kid, Macchio appeared in many other films such as Up the Academy and musical comedy Crossroads. The Karate Kid franchise helped to establish him as a major star in Hollywood. Other notable performances include his role in HBO’s Entourage which garnered critical acclaim. He was on season 12 of Dancing with the Stars and got to the semi-finals.
Cobra Kai is a web series based on the 1984 film, The Karate Kid where Ralph Macchio played the lead role of Daniel LaRusso and William Zabka played Johnny Lawrence. In Cobra Kai, Macchio reprised his role as LaRusso, while Zabka played the lead antagonist. They earned $1 million per season per person with both acting as co-executive producers of the series. As the series has been picked up by Netflix and doing so well there rumors to believe there could be at least four seasons of the show. With a jump to Netflix, it makes sense for the show to grow and Macchio himself has stated that he’s excited for the growth possibilities.
Macchio is a married man with two children named Julia and Daniel. Phyllis Fierro, a nurse practitioner introduced Ralph to during his teenage years. They eventually got married afterward. Macchio remains active on social media and often shares throwback pictures from his career and personal life.
Accomplishments, Awards, and Achievements
Among Ralph Macchio’s significant accomplishments is his outstanding contribution to the film industry, especially for his role in the Karate Kid franchise. He also boasts an impressive track record of guest appearances on famous television series such as How I Met Your Mother, Ugly Betty, and many others. Moreover, he had successful tours on stage, which include playing J. Pierrepont Finch on ‘How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.’ Above all this, Macchio has earned numerous nominations from different events but hasn’t managed to secure a significant award as of yet even though many would consider him deserving explicitly from his The Karate Kid role. Despite not having any major physical accolade he still has left a massive mark on Hollywood and will continue to do so for years to come.
Ralph Macchio’s memorable career is something that avid fans will never forget. He had his time in Hollywood by acting, producing and performing live. Cobra Kai has allowed him to get us excited about the next installment finally which has been nothing but fantastic series from start to finish.
As one of Hollywood’s notable stars and with significant forthcoming projects, Ralph Macchio was able to establish himself solidly in the industry. Despite not receiving awards that many believe he deserves, his fans, family and other prominent figures in the industry will agree that he is a talented and remarkable actor.
Interesting Facts about Ralph Macchio
- Listed as one of 12 "Promising New Actors of 1984" in "John Willis' Screen World", Vol. 36.
- Graduated from Half Hollow Hills West High School in 1979.
- When Joel Siegel first did a review for The Karate Kid (1984), he pronounced his name "MA-Key-O" instead of "Ma-chee-o". The latter pronunciation was the way Macchio himself pronounced his name, but the former is the proper Italian pronunciation. Siegel was called in at 4:00 am the day of his review's airing to correct the pronunciation. He later expressed annoyance at being called in at 4:00 am in the morning because Macchio "didn't know how to pronounce his own name.".
- Daughter Julia Macchio was born in 1992; son Daniel Macchio was born in 1996.
- Big fan of songwriter/singer Bruce Springsteen.
- Born in the same Long Island (NY) town as Mariah Carey.
- Once saved a baby porpoise that was beached on the shores of Malibu, CA. When reporters tried to cover the story, he asked to remain anonymous.
- In Crossroads (1986), he has a final "cutting-heads" guitar showdown with a demonic rock guitarist, played by real life guitar hero Steve Vai. Both Macchio and Vai were born and raised on Long Island.
- Was #80 in VH1's 100 Greatest Teen Stars.
- During Pat Morita's (his former The Karate Kid (1984) co-star) funeral procession, Macchio gave a brief eulogy and ended it as quoted, "Forever, my Sensei" to the mourners.
- Some moviegoers who sat through the end credits for the Marvel comics features Thor and The Avengers noticed a "thank you" credit for a Ralph Macchio. However, this was not meant for the Karate Kid actor, but rather for a man with the same name who was a Marvel writer during the 1980s.
- His father has half-Greek and half-Italian ancestry. His mother has Italian ancestry.
- Acting protégé of Pat Morita.
- A fan of the hockey team New York Islanders.
- Wife Phyllis Fierro is a nurse practitioner.
- On 12/23/2016 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY, at the game between the Buffalo Sabres and the New York Islanders, the Islanders (Macchio's beloved hockey team) honored the actor with "Ralph Macchio Bobblehead Night", which gave the first 10,000 fans arriving at the game a bobblehead figurine of Macchio dressed in an Islanders uniform in the pose of a "crane kick" (besides the "bobblehead" the raised leg was also built to "bobble", or be flexible). His daughter Julia sang the national anthem before the game.
Additional information of Ralph Macchio
|Best Match for Marriage
|Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
References & Fact Checks ✅
- 1/ Filename: ralph-macchio-2.jpg